Equity in an educational boom: Lessons from the expansion and marketization of tertiary schooling in Poland
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Rumberger, Russell W., 2010. "Education and the reproduction of economic inequality in the United States: An empirical investigation," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 246-254, April.
- Murakami, Yuki & Blom, Andreas, 2008. "Accessibility and affordability of tertiary education in Brazil, Colombia, Mexico and Peru within a global context," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4517, The World Bank.
- Christofides, Louis N. & Hoy, Michael & Yang, Ling, 2010. "Participation in Canadian Universities: The gender imbalance (1977-2005)," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 400-410, June.
- Mark C. Long, 2004. "Race and College Admissions: An Alternative to Affirmative Action?," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 86(4), pages 1020-1033, November.
- Ludger Wößmann, 2008.
"Efficiency and equity of European education and training policies,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 15(2), pages 199-230, April.
- Ludger Wößmann, 2006. "Efficiency and Equity of European Education and Training Policies," CESifo Working Paper Series 1779, CESifo Group Munich.
- Wößmann, Ludger, 2008. "Efficiency and equity of European education and training policies," Munich Reprints in Economics 19667, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Mike Murphy & Duolao Wang, 1998. "Family and sociodemographic influences on patterns of leaving home in Postwar Britain," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 35(3), pages 293-305, August.
- Andrew Newell & Barry Reilly, 1999. "Rates of Return to Educational Qualifications in the Transitional Economies," Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(1), pages 67-84.
- World Bank, 2004. "Tertiary Education in Poland," World Bank Other Operational Studies 14948, The World Bank.
- Edward C. Norton & Hua Wang & Chunrong Ai, 2004. "Computing interaction effects and standard errors in logit and probit models," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 4(2), pages 154-167, June.
- Rita Asplund & Oussama Ben Adbelkarim & Ali Skalli, 2008.
"An equity perspective on access to, enrolment in and finance of tertiary education,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(3), pages 261-274.
- Asplund, Rita & Ben-Abdelkarim, Oussama & Skalli, Ali, 2007. "An Equity Perspective on Access to, Enrolment in and Finance of Tertiary Education," Discussion Papers 1098, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Baum, Sandy & Goodstein, Eban, 2005. "Gender imbalance in college applications: Does it lead to a preference for men in the admissions process?," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 665-675, December.
- Spiess, C. Katharina & Wrohlich, Katharina, 2010.
"Does distance determine who attends a university in Germany?,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 470-479, June.
- Spiess, C. Katharina & Wrohlich, Katharina, 2008. "Does Distance Determine Who Attends a University in Germany?," IZA Discussion Papers 3615, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- C. Katharina Spieß & Katharina Wrohlich, 2008. "Does Distance Determine Who Attends a University in Germany?," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 118, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Azam, Mehtabul Azam & Blom, Andreas, 2008. "Progress in Participation in Tertiary Education in India from 1983 to 2004," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4793, The World Bank.
More about this item
KeywordsHigher education; equity; participation; transformation; Poland;
- A22 - General Economics and Teaching - - Economic Education and Teaching of Economics - - - Undergraduate
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- A23 - General Economics and Teaching - - Economic Education and Teaching of Economics - - - Graduate
- H52 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Government Expenditures and Education
- I22 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Educational Finance; Financial Aid
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-10-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-EDU-2011-10-09 (Education)
- NEP-LAB-2011-10-09 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-TRA-2011-10-09 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:33795. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .