Temporary employment and wage gap with permanent jobs: evidence from quantile regression
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Booth, Alison L. & Francesconi, Marco & Frank, Jeff, 2002. "Labour as a buffer: do temporary workers suffer?," ISER Working Paper Series 2002-29, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Alberto Abadie & Joshua Angrist & Guido Imbens, 2002.
"Instrumental Variables Estimates of the Effect of Subsidized Training on the Quantiles of Trainee Earnings,"
Econometric Society, vol. 70(1), pages 91-117, January.
- Alberto Abadie & Joshua Angrist & Guido Imbens, 1999. "Instrumental Variables Estimates of the Effect of Subsidized Training on the Quantiles of Trainee Earnings," Working papers 99-16, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Markus FrÃ¶lich & Blaise Melly, 2013.
"Unconditional Quantile Treatment Effects Under Endogeneity,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(3), pages 346-357, July.
- Markus Frölich & Blaise Melly, 2007. "Unconditional quantile treatment effects under endogeneity," CeMMAP working papers CWP32/07, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Frölich, Markus & Melly, Blaise, 2008. "Unconditional Quantile Treatment Effects under Endogeneity," IZA Discussion Papers 3288, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Omar Arias & Walter Sosa-Escudero & Kevin F. Hallock, 2001.
"Individual heterogeneity in the returns to schooling: instrumental variables quantile regression using twins data,"
Springer, pages 7-40.
- Omar Arias & Kevin F. Hallock & Walter Sosa Escudero, 1999. "Individual Heterogeneity in the Returns to Schooling: Instrumental Variables Quantile Regression using Twins Data," Department of Economics, Working Papers 016, Departamento de Economía, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas, Universidad Nacional de La Plata.
- Moshe Buchinsky, 1998. "Recent Advances in Quantile Regression Models: A Practical Guideline for Empirical Research," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 33(1), pages 88-126.
- Paolo Naticchioni & Andrea Ricci & Emiliano Rustichelli, 2008. "Wage Inequality, Employment Structure and Skill-biased Change in Italy," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 22(s1), pages 27-51, June.
- Matteo PICCHIO, 2006. "Wage Differentials between Temporary and Permanent Workers in Italy," Working Papers 257, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- Heckman, James J, 1978.
"Dummy Endogenous Variables in a Simultaneous Equation System,"
Econometric Society, vol. 46(4), pages 931-959, July.
- James J. Heckman, 1977. "Dummy Endogenous Variables in a Simultaneous Equation System," NBER Working Papers 0177, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sarah Brown & John G. Sessions, 2005. "Employee Attitudes, Earnings and Fixed-Term Contracts: International Evidence," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 141(2), pages 296-317, July.
- van der Wiel, Karen, 2010.
"Better protected, better paid: Evidence on how employment protection affects wages,"
Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 16-26, January.
- van der Wiel, Karen, 2008. "Better Protected, Better Paid: Evidence on How Employment Protection Affects Wages," IZA Discussion Papers 3352, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- van der Wiel, Karen, 2009. "Better Protected, Better Paid: Evidence on How Employment Protection Affects Wages," IZA Discussion Papers 4465, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Moshe Buchinsky, 2001. "Quantile regression with sample selection: Estimating women's return to education in the U.S," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 26(1), pages 87-113.
- María A.Davia & Virginia Hernanz, 2004. "Temporary employment and segmentation in the Spanish labour market: An empirical analysis through the study of wage differentials," Spanish Economic Review, Springer;Spanish Economic Association, vol. 6(4), pages 291-318, December.
- Juan F. Jimeno & Luis Toharia, 1993. "The effects of fixed-term employment on wages: theory and evidence from Spain," Investigaciones Economicas, Fundación SEPI, vol. 17(3), pages 475-494, September.
- Matteo, PICCHIO, 2006. "Wage Differentials and Temporary Jobs in Italy," Discussion Papers (ECON - Département des Sciences Economiques) 2006033, Université catholique de Louvain, Département des Sciences Economiques.
- Wiji Arulampalam & Alison L. Booth & Mark L. Bryan, 2007.
"Is There a Glass Ceiling over Europe? Exploring the Gender Pay Gap across the Wage Distribution,"
Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 60(2), pages 163-186, January.
- Arulampalam, Wiji & Booth, Alison L. & Bryan, Mark L., 2004. "Is There a Glass Ceiling over Europe? Exploring the Gender Pay Gap across the Wages Distribution," IZA Discussion Papers 1373, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Wiji Arulampalam & Alison Booth & Mark L. Bryan, 2006. "Is There a Glass Ceiling over Europe? Exploring the Gender Pay Gap across the Wages Distribution," CEPR Discussion Papers 510, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Arulampalam, Wiji & Booth, Alison L. & Bryan, Mark L., 2005. "Is there a glass ceiling over Europe? Exploring the gender pay gap across the wages distribution," ISER Working Paper Series 2005-25, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Melly, Blaise, 2005. "Decomposition of differences in distribution using quantile regression," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 577-590, August.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Markus Frolich & Blaise Melly, 2010. "Estimation of quantile treatment effects with Stata," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 10(3), pages 423-457, September.
- Amuedo-Dorantes, Catalina & Serrano-Padial, Ricardo, 2007. "Wage Growth Implications of Fixed-Term Employment: An Analysis by Contract Duration and Job Mobility," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(5), pages 829-847, October.
- Fabio Berton, 2008. "The (long) run out of unemployment: are temporary jobs the shortest way?," LABORatorio R. Revelli Working Papers Series 76, LABORatorio R. Revelli, Centre for Employment Studies.
- Joao Pedro Azevedo, 2004. "GRQREG: Stata module to graph the coefficients of a quantile regression," Statistical Software Components S437001, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 17 Mar 2011.
- Angel López-Nicolás & Jaume García & Pedro J. Hernández, 2001.
"How wide is the gap? An investigation of gender wage differences using quantile regression,"
Springer, vol. 26(1), pages 149-167.
- Jaume Garcia & Pedro J. Hernández & Ángel López Nicolás, 1998. "How wide is the gap? An investigation of gender wage differences using quantile regression," Economics Working Papers 287, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- José Mata & José A. F. Machado, 2005. "Counterfactual decomposition of changes in wage distributions using quantile regression," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(4), pages 445-465.
- Blaise Melly, 2005. "Public-private sector wage differentials in Germany: Evidence from quantile regression," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 30(2), pages 505-520, September.
- Heinze, Anja & Beninger, Denis & Beblo, Miriam & Laisney, François, 2003. "Measuring Selectivity-Corrected Gender Wage Gaps in the EU," ZEW Discussion Papers 03-74, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cristiano Perugini & Ekaterina Selezneva, 2015.
"Labour market institutions, crisis and gender earnings gap in Eastern Europe,"
The Economics of Transition,
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 23(3), pages 517-564, July.
- Cristiano Perugini & Ekaterina Selezneva, 2013. "Labour Market Institutions, Crisis and Gender Earnings Gap in Eastern Europe," Working Papers 328, Leibniz Institut für Ost- und Südosteuropaforschung (Institute for East and Southeast European Studies).
- Dias da Silva, António & Turrini, Alessandro, 2015. "Precarious and Less Well Paid? Wage Differences between Permanent and Fixed-term Contracts across the EU," IZA Policy Papers 105, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Gail Pacheco & Bill Cochrane, 2015. "Decomposing the temporary-permanent wage gap in New Zealand," Working Papers 2015-07, Auckland University of Technology, Department of Economics.
- Gustavo A. García, 2017.
"Labor Informality: Choice or Sign of Segmentation? A Quantile Regression Approach at the Regional Level for Colombia,"
Review of Development Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(4), pages 985-1017, November.
- Gustavo A. Garcia, 2014. "Labor Informality: Choice or Sign of Segmentation? A Quantile Regression Approach at the Regional Lvel for Colombia," ARCHIVOS DE ECONOMÍA 011213, DEPARTAMENTO NACIONAL DE PLANEACIÓN.
- Garcia Cruz, Gustavo Adolfo, 2014. "Labor Informality: Choice or Sign of Segmentation? A Quantile Regression Approach at the Regional Level for Colombia," MPRA Paper 55224, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:eee:labeco:v:46:y:2017:i:c:p:26-46 is not listed on IDEAS
- Inga Lass & Mark Wooden, 2017.
"The Structure of the Wage Gap for Temporary Workers: Evidence from Australian Panel Data,"
Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series
wp2017n08, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Lass, Inga & Wooden, Mark, 2017. "The Structure of the Wage Gap for Temporary Workers: Evidence from Australian Panel Data," IZA Discussion Papers 10670, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Nguyen, Huu-Chi. & Nguyen-Huu, Thanh Tam. & Le, Thi-Thuy-Linh., 2016. "Non-standard forms of employment in some Asian countries : a study of wages and working conditions of temporary workers," ILO Working Papers 994901213402676, International Labour Organization.
- Tony Champion & Mike Coombes & Ian Gordon, 2013. "Urban Escalators and Inter-regional Elevators: The Difference that Location, Mobility and Sectoral Specialisation make to Occupational Progression," SERC Discussion Papers 0139, Spatial Economics Research Centre, LSE.
- Anna-Leena Asikainen & Giovanni Mangiarotti, 2017. "Open innovation and growth in IT sector," Service Business, Springer;Pan-Pacific Business Association, vol. 11(1), pages 45-68, March.
- Damiani, Mirella & Pompei, Fabrizio & Ricci, Andrea, 2014. "Enterprise-level bargaining and labour productivity of Italian family firms: a quantile regression analysis," MPRA Paper 60380, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
Keywordstemporary employment; quantile regression; wage gap decomposition; endogenous selection;
- J08 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - General - - - Labor Economics Policies
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- J42 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - Monopsony; Segmented Labor Markets
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:16055. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .