Employee Attitudes, Earnings and Fixed-Term Contracts: International Evidence
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Alison L. Booth & Marco Francesconi & Jeff Frank, 2002.
"Temporary Jobs: Stepping Stones Or Dead Ends?,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(480), pages 189-213, June.
- Booth, Alison L. & Francesconi, Marco & Frank, Jeff, 2000. "Temporary Jobs: Stepping Stones or Dead Ends?," IZA Discussion Papers 205, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Alison L. Booth & Marco Francesconi & Jeff Frank, 2002. "Temporary Jobs: Stepping Stones or Dead Ends?," LABORatorio R. Revelli Working Papers Series 8, LABORatorio R. Revelli, Centre for Employment Studies.
- Henry S. Farber, 1999. "Alternative and Part-Time Employment Arrangements as a Response to Job Loss," NBER Working Papers 7002, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Abraham, Katharine G & Taylor, Susan K, 1996.
"Firms' Use of Outside Contractors: Theory and Evidence,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 14(3), pages 394-424, July.
- Katharine G. Abraham & Susan K. Taylor, 1993. "Firms' Use of Outside Contractors: Theory and Evidence," NBER Working Papers 4468, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Susan N. Houseman & Anne E. Polivka, 1999. "The Implications of Flexible Staffing Arrangements for Job Stability," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles 99-56, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Wiji Arulampalam & Alison L. Booth, 1998. "Training and Labour Market Flexibility: Is There a Trade-off?," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 36(4), pages 521-536, December.
- Brown, Sarah & Sessions, John G, 1996. " The Economics of Absence: Theory and Evidence," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(1), pages 23-53, March.
- Sarah Brown & John G. Sessions, 2003. "Earnings, Education, and Fixed-Term Contracts," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 50(4), pages 492-506, September.
- Farber, Henry S, 1999. "Alternative and Part-Time Employment Arrangements as a Response to Job Loss," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 17(4), pages 142-169, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Schiersch, Alexander, 2016. "Considering the (Un)observed: temporary agency work in productivity estimations," Annual Conference 2016 (Augsburg): Demographic Change 145749, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Christian Pfeifer, 2012. "Fixed-term contracts and wages revisited using linked employer-employee data," Journal for Labour Market Research, Springer;Institute for Employment Research/ Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), vol. 45(2), pages 171-183, July.
- Sebastian Nielen & Alexander Schiersch, 2014.
"Temporary Agency Work and Firm Competitiveness: Evidence from German Manufacturing Firms,"
Industrial Relations: A Journal of Economy and Society,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(3), pages 365-393, July.
- Sebastian Nielen & Alexander Schiersch, 2011. "Temporary Agency Work and Firm Competitiveness: Evidence from German Manufacturing Firms," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1135, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Gail Pacheco & Bill Cochrane, 2015. "Decomposing the temporary-permanent wage gap in New Zealand," Working Papers 2015-07, Auckland University of Technology, Department of Economics.
- Raúl Ramos & Esteban Sanromá & Hipólito Simón, 2014.
"Public-Private Sector Wage Differentials by Type of Contract: Evidence from Spain,"
Hacienda Pública Española,
IEF, vol. 208(1), pages 107-141, March.
- Raúl Ramos & Esteban Sanromá & Hipólito Simón, 2014. "Public-private sector wage differentials by type of contract: evidence from Spain," Working Papers 2014/32, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Raul Ramos & Esteban Sanromá & Hipólito Simón, 2014. "Public-private sector wage differentials by type of contract: evidence from Spain," Working Papers XREAP2014-08, Xarxa de Referència en Economia Aplicada (XREAP), revised Oct 2014.
- Ramos, Raul & Sanromá, Esteban & Simón, Hipólito, 2014. "Public-Private Sector Wage Differentials by Type of Contract: Evidence from Spain," IZA Discussion Papers 8158, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Bosio, Giulio, 2009. "Temporary employment and wage gap with permanent jobs: evidence from quantile regression," MPRA Paper 16055, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sebastian NIELEN & Alexander SCHIERSCH, 2016.
"Productivity in German manufacturing firms: Does fixed-term employment matter?,"
International Labour Review,
International Labour Organization, vol. 155(4), pages 535-561, December.
- Sebastian Nielen & Alexander Schiersch, 2012. "Productivity in German manufacturing firms: Does fixed-term employment matter?," Schumpeter Discussion Papers sdp12004, Universitätsbibliothek Wuppertal, University Library.
- Carmen Aina & Fernanda Mazzotta & Lavinia Parisi, 2010. "Do Flexible Employment Contracts Change Household Income Differences in Italy?," Working Papers 129, SEMEQ Department - Faculty of Economics - University of Eastern Piedmont.
- Perugini, Cristiano & Pompei, Fabrizio, 2016. "Employment protection and wage inequality within education groups in Europe," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 810-836.
- Eichhorst, Werner & Marx, Paul, 2010. "Whatever Works: Dualisation and the Service Economy in Bismarckian Welfare States," IZA Discussion Papers 5035, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Alexander Schiersch, 2015. "TFP, Labor Productivity and the (Un)observed Labor Input: Temporary Agency Work," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1532, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Marta Silva & Luis Filipe Martins & Helena Lopes, 2015. "Asymmetric labour market reforms and wage growth with fixed-term contracts: does learning about match quality matter?," Working Papers Series 2 15-04, ISCTE-IUL, Business Research Unit (BRU-IUL).
- José Antonio Ariza Montes, 2008. "La estabilidad laboral en Andalucía: un análisis comparado entre hombres y mujeres mediante un modelo de regresión logística," Economic Working Papers at Centro de Estudios Andaluces E2008/06, Centro de Estudios Andaluces.
- Perugini, Cristiano & Pompei, Fabrizio, 2017. "Temporary Jobs, Institutions, and Wage Inequality within Education Groups in Central-Eastern Europe," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 40-59.
More about this item
KeywordsEmployee attitudes; earnings and fixed-term contracts;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:weltar:v:141:y:2005:i:2:p:296-317. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.