A new stochastic frontier model with cross-sectional effects in both noise and inefficiency terms
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Glass, Anthony & Kenjegalieva, Karligash & Sickles, Robin C., 2014. "Estimating efficiency spillovers with state level evidence for manufacturing in the US," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 123(2), pages 154-159.
- Alexandra Schmidt & Ajax Moreira & Steven Helfand & Thais Fonseca, 2009.
"Spatial stochastic frontier models: accounting for unobserved local determinants of inefficiency,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 31(2), pages 101-112, April.
- Alexandra M. Schmidt & Ajax R. B. Moreira & Thais C. O. Fonseca & Steven M. Helfand, 2006. "Spatial Stochastic Frontier Models: accounting for unobserved local determinants of inefficiency," Discussion Papers 1220, Instituto de Pesquisa Econômica Aplicada - IPEA.
- Alexandra M. Schmidt & Ajax R. B. Moreira & Thais C. O. Fonseca & Steven M. Helfand, 2015. "Spatial Stochastic Frontier Models: Accounting for Unobserved Local Determinants of Inefficiency," Discussion Papers 0172, Instituto de Pesquisa Econômica Aplicada - IPEA.
- Maté-Sánchez-Val, Mariluz & López-Hernandez, Fernando & Mur-Lacambra, Jesús, 2017. "How do neighboring peer companies influence SMEs’ financial behavior?," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 104-114.
- Jondrow, James & Knox Lovell, C. A. & Materov, Ivan S. & Schmidt, Peter, 1982. "On the estimation of technical inefficiency in the stochastic frontier production function model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2-3), pages 233-238, August.
- Francisco José Areal & Kelvin Balcombe & Richard Tiffin, 2012.
"Integrating spatial dependence into Stochastic Frontier Analysis,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 56(4), pages 521-541, October.
- Areal, Francisco J & Balcombe, Kelvin & Tiffin, R, 2010. "Integrating spatial dependence into stochastic frontier analysis," MPRA Paper 24961, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hung-jen Wang & Peter Schmidt, 2002.
"One-Step and Two-Step Estimation of the Effects of Exogenous Variables on Technical Efficiency Levels,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 18(2), pages 129-144, September.
- Wang, Hung-jen & Schmidt, Peter, 2001. "One-step and two-step estimation of the effects of exogenous variables on technical efficiency levels," MPRA Paper 31075, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Mar 2002.
- Helmut Herwartz & Christoph Strumann, 2014. "Hospital efficiency under prospective reimbursement schemes: an empirical assessment for the case of Germany," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 15(2), pages 175-186, March.
- Wang, Hung-Jen & Ho, Chia-Wen, 2010.
"Estimating fixed-effect panel stochastic frontier models by model transformation,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 157(2), pages 286-296, August.
- Wang, Hung-Jen & Ho, Chia-Wen, 2009. "Estimating fixed-effect panel stochastic frontier models by model transformation," MPRA Paper 31081, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Subal Kumbhakar & Roar Amundsveen & Hilde Kvile & Gudbrand Lien, 2015. "Scale economies, technical change and efficiency in Norwegian electricity distribution, 1998–2010," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 43(3), pages 295-305, June.
- Efthymios G. Tsionas & Panayotis G. Michaelides, 2016. "A Spatial Stochastic Frontier Model with Spillovers: Evidence for Italian Regions," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 63(3), pages 243-257, July.
- repec:aen:journl:ej38-4-orea is not listed on IDEAS
- Vidoli, Francesco & Cardillo, Concetta & Fusco, Elisa & Canello, Jacopo, 2016. "Spatial nonstationarity in the stochastic frontier model: An application to the Italian wine industry," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 153-164.
- Antonio Alvarez & Christine Amsler & Luis Orea & Peter Schmidt, 2006.
"Interpreting and Testing the Scaling Property in Models where Inefficiency Depends on Firm Characteristics,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 25(3), pages 201-212, June.
- Peter Schmidt & Antonio Alvarez & Christine Amsler, 2004. "Interpreting and testing the scaling property in models where inefficiency depends on firm characteristics," Econometric Society 2004 Far Eastern Meetings 520, Econometric Society.
- Álvarez, Antonio & Amsler, Christine & Orea, Luis & Schmidt Peter, 2005. "Interpreting and Testing the Scaling Property in Models where Inefficiency Depends on Firm Characteristics," Efficiency Series Papers 2005/03, University of Oviedo, Department of Economics, Oviedo Efficiency Group (OEG).
- Growitsch, Christian & Jamasb, Tooraj & Wetzel, Heike, 2012.
"Efficiency effects of observed and unobserved heterogeneity: Evidence from Norwegian electricity distribution networks,"
Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 542-548.
- Growitsch, C. & Jamasb, T. & Wetzel, H., 2010. "Efficiency Effects of Quality of Service and Environmental Factors: Experience from Norwegian Electricity Distribution," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1050, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Growitsch, Christian & Jamasb, Tooraj & Wetzel, Heike, 2010. "Efficiency effects of quality of service and environmental factors: experience from Norwegian electricity distribution," EWI Working Papers 2010-3, Energiewirtschaftliches Institut an der Universitaet zu Koeln (EWI).
- Wang, Hung-Jen, 2003. "A Stochastic Frontier Analysis of Financing Constraints on Investment: The Case of Financial Liberalization in Taiwan," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 21(3), pages 406-419, July.
- Areal, Francisco Jose & Balcombe, Kelvin & Tiffin, Richard, 2012. "Integrated spatial dependence into Stochastic Frontier Analysis," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 56(4), December.
- Parmeter, Christopher F. & Kumbhakar, Subal C., 2014. "Efficiency Analysis: A Primer on Recent Advances," Foundations and Trends(R) in Econometrics, now publishers, vol. 7(3-4), pages 191-385, December.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-12-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2017-12-18 (Econometrics)
- NEP-EFF-2017-12-18 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-ENE-2017-12-18 (Energy Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oeg:wpaper:2017/04. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Luis Orea) or (Alberto Gude). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/geovies.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.