Integrating spatial dependence into stochastic frontier analysis
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Francisco José Areal & Kelvin Balcombe & Richard Tiffin, 2012. "Integrating spatial dependence into Stochastic Frontier Analysis," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 56(4), pages 521-541, October.
References listed on IDEAS
- O'Donnell, Christopher J. & Coelli, Timothy J., 2005.
"A Bayesian approach to imposing curvature on distance functions,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, pages 493-523.
- Tim J. Coelli & Chris O'Donnell, 2003. "A Bayesian Approach To Imposing Curvature On Distance Functions," CEPA Working Papers Series WP032003, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Alexandra Schmidt & Ajax Moreira & Steven Helfand & Thais Fonseca, 2009.
"Spatial stochastic frontier models: accounting for unobserved local determinants of inefficiency,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, pages 101-112.
- Alexandra M. Schmidt & Ajax R. B. Moreira & Thais C. O. Fonseca & Steven M. Helfand, 2006. "Spatial Stochastic Frontier Models: accounting for unobserved local determinants of inefficiency," Discussion Papers 1220, Instituto de Pesquisa Econômica Aplicada - IPEA.
- Alexandra M. Schmidt & Ajax R. B. Moreira & Thais C. O. Fonseca & Steven M. Helfand, 2015. "Spatial Stochastic Frontier Models: Accounting for Unobserved Local Determinants of Inefficiency," Discussion Papers 0172, Instituto de Pesquisa Econômica Aplicada - IPEA.
- Fernandez, Carmen & Koop, Gary & Steel, Mark, 2000.
"A Bayesian analysis of multiple-output production frontiers,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 98(1), pages 47-79, September.
- Carmen Fernandez & Gary Koop & Mark F J Steel, 1999. "A Bayesian analysis of multiple-output production frontier," ESE Discussion Papers 21, Edinburgh School of Economics, University of Edinburgh.
- Brummer, B. & Glauben, T. & Lu, W., 2006.
"Policy reform and productivity change in Chinese agriculture: A distance function approach,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 61-79, October.
- Brümmer, Bernhard & Glauben, Thomas & Lu, Wencong C., 2002. "Policy Reform and Productivity Change in Chinese Agriculture: A Distance Function Approach," 2002 International Congress, August 28-31, 2002, Zaragoza, Spain 24779, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Glauben, Thomas & Lu, Wencong C. & Brümmer, Bernhard, 2003. "Policy Reform And Productivity Change In Chinese Agriculture: A Distance Function Approach," 2003 Annual Meeting, August 16-22, 2003, Durban, South Africa 25896, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Won Kim, Chong & Phipps, Tim T. & Anselin, Luc, 2003.
"Measuring the benefits of air quality improvement: a spatial hedonic approach,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 24-39, January.
- Kim, Chong Won & Phipps, Tim T. & Anselin, Luc, 1998. "Measuring The Benefits Of Air Quality Improvement: A Spatial Hedonic Approach," 1998 Annual meeting, August 2-5, Salt Lake City, UT 20959, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Frederic Ang & Pieter Jan Kerstens, 2016.
"To Mix or Specialise? A Coordination Productivity Indicator for English and Welsh farms,"
Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 67(3), pages 779-798, September.
- Ang, Frederic & Jan Kerstens, Pieter, 2016. "To mix or specialise? A coordination productivity indicator for English and Welsh farms," 90th Annual Conference, April 4-6, 2016, Warwick University, Coventry, UK 236337, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Pede, Valerien O. & McKinley, Justin & Singbo, Alphonse & Kajisa, Kei, 2015. "Spatial Dependency of Technical Efficiency in Rice Farming: The Case of Bohol, Philippines," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 205456, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association;Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Orea, Luis & Álvarez, Inmaculada C., 2017. "A new stochastic frontier model with cross-sectional effects in both noise and inefficiency terms," Efficiency Series Papers 2017/04, University of Oviedo, Department of Economics, Oviedo Efficiency Group (OEG).
- Cavalieri, M.; Di Caro, P.; Guccio, C.; Lisi, D.;, 2017. "Does neighbourâ€™s grass matter? Exploring spatial dependent heterogeneity in technical efficiency of Italian hospitals," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 17/13, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Vidoli, Francesco & Cardillo, Concetta & Fusco, Elisa & Canello, Jacopo, 2016. "Spatial nonstationarity in the stochastic frontier model: An application to the Italian wine industry," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 153-164.
More about this item
KeywordsSpatial dependence; technical efficiency; Bayesian; spatial weight matrix;
- C51 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Construction and Estimation
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- Q12 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Micro Analysis of Farm Firms, Farm Households, and Farm Input Markets
- C11 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Bayesian Analysis: General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-09-25 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2010-09-25 (Econometrics)
- NEP-EFF-2010-09-25 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-GEO-2010-09-25 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-URE-2010-09-25 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:24961. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .