The Macroeconomic Impact of Remittances: A sending country perspective
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Dean Yang, 2008.
"International Migration, Remittances and Household Investment: Evidence from Philippine Migrants' Exchange Rate Shocks,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 118(528), pages 591-630, April.
- Dean Yang, 2006. "International Migration, Remittances, and Household Investment: Evidence from Philippine Migrants' Exchange Rate Shocks," NBER Working Papers 12325, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gordon H. Hanson, 2007.
"Emigration, Remittances and Labor Force Participation in Mexico,"
IDB Publications (Working Papers)
2637, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Gordon H. Hanson, 2007. "Emigration, remittances and labor force participation in Mexico," INTAL Working Papers 1456, Inter-American Development Bank, INTAL.
- Rapoport, Hillel & Docquier, Frederic, 2006. "The Economics of Migrants' Remittances," Handbook on the Economics of Giving, Reciprocity and Altruism, Elsevier.
- Acosta, Pablo A. & Lartey, Emmanuel K.K. & Mandelman, Federico S., 2009. "Remittances and the Dutch disease," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 79(1), pages 102-116, September.
- Vargas-Silva, Carlos, 2008.
"Are remittances manna from heaven? A look at the business cycle properties of remittances,"
The North American Journal of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 290-303, December.
- Carlos Vargas-Silva, 2009. "Are Remittances Manna From Heaven? A Look at the Business Cycle Properties of Remittances," Working Papers 0905, Sam Houston State University, Department of Economics and International Business.
- Dustmann, Christian & Mestres, Josep, 2010. "Remittances and temporary migration," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 92(1), pages 62-70, May.
- Böhringer, Christoph & Rutherford, Thomas Fox & Wiegard, Wolfgang, 2003. "Computable general equilibrium analysis: Opening a black box," ZEW Discussion Papers 03-56, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Arellano, Manuel & Carrasco, Raquel, 2003.
"Binary choice panel data models with predetermined variables,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 115(1), pages 125-157, July.
- Arellano, M & Carrasco, R, 1996. "Binary Choice Panel Data Models with Predetermined Variables," Papers 9618, Centro de Estudios Monetarios Y Financieros-.
- Ceyhun Bora Durdu & Serdar Sayan, 2010.
"Emerging Market Business Cycles with Remittance Fluctuations,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 57(2), pages 303-325, June.
- Ceyhun Bora Durdu & Serdar Sayan, 2008. "Emerging market business cycles with remittance fluctuations," International Finance Discussion Papers 946, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Rutherford, Thomas F., 1995. "Extension of GAMS for complementarity problems arising in applied economic analysis," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 19(8), pages 1299-1324, November.
- Amuedo-Dorantes, Catalina & Pozo, Susan, 2004. "Workers' Remittances and the Real Exchange Rate: A Paradox of Gifts," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(8), pages 1407-1417, August.
- Dustmann, Christian, 2000. "Temporary Migration and Economic Assimilation," IZA Discussion Papers 186, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Mika Saito, 2004.
"Armington elasticities in intermediate inputs trade: a problem in using multilateral trade data,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 37(4), pages 1097-1117, November.
- Mika Saito, 2004. "Armington Elasticities in Intermediate Inputs Trade; A Problem in Using Multilateral Trade Data," IMF Working Papers 04/22, International Monetary Fund.
- Gert G. Wagner & Joachim R. Frick & Jürgen Schupp, 2007.
"The German Socio-Economic Panel Study (SOEP) – Scope, Evolution and Enhancements,"
Schmollers Jahrbuch : Journal of Applied Social Science Studies / Zeitschrift für Wirtschafts- und Sozialwissenschaften,
Duncker & Humblot, Berlin, vol. 127(1), pages 139-169.
- Gert G. Wagner & Joachim R. Frick & Jürgen Schupp, 2007. "The German Socio-Economic Panel Study (SOEP): Scope, Evolution and Enhancements," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 1, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Yves Bourdet & Hans Falck, 2006. "Emigrants' remittances and Dutch Disease in Cape Verde," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(3), pages 267-284.
- Funkhouser, Edward, 1995. "Remittances from International Migration: A Comparison of El Salvador and Nicaragua," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 77(1), pages 137-146, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/14850 is not listed on IDEAS
- Anda David & Mohamed Ali Marouani, 2013. "The Impact of Labor Mobility on Unemployment: A Comparison between Jordan and Tunisia," Working Papers 823, Economic Research Forum, revised Dec 2013.
- World Bank Group, 2015. "Malaysia Economic Monitor, December 2015," World Bank Other Operational Studies 23565, The World Bank.
- Hathroubi, Salem & Aloui, Chaker, 2016. "On interactions between remittance outflows and Saudi Arabian macroeconomy: New evidence from wavelets," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 32-45.
- Anda David & Mohamed Ali Marouani, 2015.
"Migration and Employment Interactions in a Crisis Context: the case of Tunisia,"
20150007, Université Paris 1 Panthéon Sorbonne, UMR Développement et Sociétés.
- Anda David & Mohamed Ali Marouani, 2015. "Migration and Employment Interactions in a Crisis Context: the case of Tunisia," Working Papers DT/2015/05, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/14987 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fusshoeller, Chantal & Balleer, Almut, 2017. "Migration and investment: a business cycle perspective," Annual Conference 2017 (Vienna): Alternative Structures for Money and Banking 168125, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- repec:eee:touman:v:65:y:2018:i:c:p:212-223 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zsoka Koczan, 2016. "Remittances during crises," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 24(3), pages 507-533, July.
More about this item
KeywordsEU Eastern enlargement; remittances; international migration; computable equilibrium model;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nor:wpaper:2012021. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Norface Migration Administrator) or (Thomas Cornelissen). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cmucluk.html .