The Tale of Three Amigos: Remittances, Exchange Rates, and Money Demand in Mexico
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Carlos Vargas-Silva, 2007. "The Tale of Three Amigos: Remittances, Exchange Rates and Money Demand in Mexico," Working Papers 0704, Sam Houston State University, Department of Economics and International Business.
References listed on IDEAS
- Guillermo A. Calvo & Carmen M. Reinhart, 2002.
"Fear of Floating,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 117(2), pages 379-408.
- Guillermo A. Calvo & Carmen M. Reinhart, 2000. "Fear of Floating," NBER Working Papers 7993, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Calvo, Guillermo, 2002. "Fear of floating," MPRA Paper 14000, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Reinhart, Carmen, 2001. "Fear of Floating: Exchange Rate Flexibility Indices," MPRA Paper 13196, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kwiatkowski, Denis & Phillips, Peter C. B. & Schmidt, Peter & Shin, Yongcheol, 1992.
"Testing the null hypothesis of stationarity against the alternative of a unit root : How sure are we that economic time series have a unit root?,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 54(1-3), pages 159-178.
- Kwiatkowski, D. & Phillips, P.C.B. & Schmidt, P., 1990. "Testing the Null Hypothesis of Stationarity Against the Alternative of Unit Root : How Sure are we that Economic Time Series have a Unit Root?," Papers 8905, Michigan State - Econometrics and Economic Theory.
- Denis Kwiatkowski & Peter C.B. Phillips & Peter Schmidt, 1991. "Testing the Null Hypothesis of Stationarity Against the Alternative of a Unit Root: How Sure Are We That Economic Time Series Have a Unit Root?," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 979, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Edwards, Sebastian, 2002. "The great exchange rate debate after Argentina," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 237-252, December.
- Matthew Higgins & Alketa Hysenbegasi & Susan Pozo, 2004. "Exchange-rate uncertainty and workers' remittances," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(6), pages 403-411.
- Carlos Vargas-Silva & Peng Huang, 2006.
"Macroeconomic determinantsof workers' remittances: Hostversus home country's economic conditions,"
The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(1), pages 81-99.
- Carlos Vargas-Silva & Peng Huang, 2005. "Macroeconomic Determinants of Workers’ Remittances: Host vs. Home Country’s Economic Conditions," International Finance 0507007, EconWPA, revised 27 Nov 2005.
- Amuedo-Dorantes, Catalina & Pozo, Susan, 2004. "Workers' Remittances and the Real Exchange Rate: A Paradox of Gifts," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(8), pages 1407-1417, August.
- El-Sakka, M. I. T. & McNabb, Robert, 1999. "The Macroeconomic Determinants of Emigrant Remittances," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(8), pages 1493-1502, August.
- Johansen, Soren, 1988. "Statistical analysis of cointegration vectors," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 231-254.
- Yves Bourdet & Hans Falck, 2006. "Emigrants' remittances and Dutch Disease in Cape Verde," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(3), pages 267-284.
- Faini, Riccardo, 1994. "Workers Remittances and the Real Exchange Rate: A Quantitative Framework," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 7(2), pages 235-245.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Christos Nikas & Student Anastasia Blouchoutzi, 2014. "Emigrants’ Remittances and the “Dutch Disease” in Small Transition Economies: the Case Of Albania and Moldova," Romanian Statistical Review, Romanian Statistical Review, vol. 62(1), pages 45-65, March.
- Isabel Ruiz & Carlos Vargas-Silva, 2010.
"Another consequence of the economic crisis: a decrease in migrants' remittances,"
Applied Financial Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(1-2), pages 171-182.
- Isabel Ruiz & Carlos Vargas-Silva, 2009. "Another Consequence of the Economic Crisis: A Decrease in Migrants’ Remittances," Working Papers 0907, Sam Houston State University, Department of Economics and International Business.
- Baas, Timo & Melzer, Silvia, 2016. "The Macroeconomic Impact of Remittances: A Sending Country Perspective," Annual Conference 2016 (Augsburg): Demographic Change 145631, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Bayangos, Veronica & Jansen, Karel, 2011. "Remittances and Competitiveness: The Case of the Philippines," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(10), pages 1834-1846.
- Farid Farid, 2014.
"The impact of exchange rate policy on remittances in Morocco: A Threshold VAR analysis,"
AccessEcon, vol. 34(4), pages 2351-2360.
- Farid Makhlouf, 2014. "The Impact of Exchange Rate Policy on Remittances in Morocco: A Threshold VAR Analysis," Working Papers 2102, Groupe ESC Pau, Research Department, revised Dec 2014.
- Isabel Ruiz & Carlos Vargas-Silva, 2012. "Exploring the causes of the slowdown in remittances to Mexico," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 42(3), pages 745-766, June.
- Mariem Brahim & Nader Nefzi & Hamed Sambo, 2017. "Remittances and the real effective exchange rates in MENA countries: What is the long run impact?," CEPN Working Papers 2017-15, Centre d'Economie de l'Université de Paris Nord.
- Díaz, Violeta & Soydemir, Gökçe, 2013. "Regional foreclosures and Mexican remittances: Evidence from the housing market crisis," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 74-86.
- Serdar Sayan & B. Onur Tas & Yasemin Yalta, 2010. "Cyclical Behavior of Mexican Remittances over the Mexican and the US Business Cycles," Working Papers 1008, TOBB University of Economics and Technology, Department of Economics.
- Garcia-Jimenez, Carlos I. & Mishra, Ashok K., 2010. "The Effects of Public Debt on Labor Demand in the United States," 2010 Annual Meeting, February 6-9, 2010, Orlando, Florida 56361, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- George Mavrotas & Syed Mansoob Murshed & Sebastian Torres, 2011.
"Natural Resource Dependence and Economic Performance in the 1970–2000 Period,"
Review of Development Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(1), pages 124-138, February.
- George Mavrotas & Syed Mansoob Murshed & Sebastian Torres, 2012. "Natural Resource Dependence and Economic Performance in the 1970-2000 Period," OxCarre Working Papers 081, Oxford Centre for the Analysis of Resource Rich Economies, University of Oxford.
- repec:beo:journl:v:62:y:2017:i:213:p:45-66 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mamun, Md. Al & Sohag, Kazi & Uddin, Gazi Salah & Shahbaz, Muhammad, 2015.
"Remittance and domestic labor productivity: Evidence from remittance recipient countries,"
Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 207-218.
- Al Mamun, Md. & Sohag, Kazi & Uddin, Gazi Salah & Shahbaz, Muhammad, 2015. "Remittance and domestic labor productivity: evidence from remittance recipient countries," MPRA Paper 62177, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 12 Feb 2015.
- Mariem Brahim & Nader Nefzi & Hamed Sambo, 2017. "Remittances and the real effective exchange rates in MENA countries: What is the long run impact?," CEPN Working Papers hal-01583564, HAL.
- Farid MAKHLOUF & Khaled CHNAINA, 2012. "Impact des Transferts de Fonds sur le Taux de Change RÃ©el Effectif en Tunisie," Working Papers 2011-2012_4, CATT - UPPA - Université de Pau et des Pays de l'Adour, revised Feb 2012.
- Rafael Domínguez Martín, 2009. "Migraciones, Desigualdad y Desarrollo en los Estados de México," Documentos de trabajo sobre cooperación y desarrollo 200902, Cátedra de Cooperación Internacional y con Iberoamérica (COIBA), Universidad de Cantabria.
- Michael A. Clemens, 2011. "Economics and Emigration: Trillion-Dollar Bills on the Sidewalk?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 25(3), pages 83-106, Summer.
- Evans Stephen Osabuohien & Uchenna Rapuluchukwu Efobi, 2013. "Africa's Money in Africa," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 81(2), pages 292-306, June.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:rdevec:v:13:y:2009:i:1:p:1-14. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=1363-6669 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.