Are Turkish Migrants Altruistic?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Becker, Gary S, 1974. "A Theory of Social Interactions," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(6), pages 1063-1093, Nov.-Dec..
- Yang Dean, 2008.
"Coping with Disaster: The Impact of Hurricanes on International Financial Flows, 1970-2002,"
The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy,
De Gruyter, vol. 8(1), pages 1-45, June.
- Dean Yang, 2006. "Coping with Disaster: The Impact of Hurricanes on International Financial Flows, 1970-2002," NBER Working Papers 12794, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kevin D. Hoover & Stephen J. Perez, 1999.
"Data mining reconsidered: encompassing and the general-to-specific approach to specification search,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 2(2), pages 167-191.
- Kevin D. Hoover & Stephen J. Perez, "undated". "Data Mining Reconsidered: Encompassing And The General-To-Specific Approach To Specification Search," Department of Economics 97-27, California Davis - Department of Economics.
- Kevin Hoover & Stephen J. Perez, 2003. "Data Mining Reconsidered: Encompassing And The General-To-Specific Approach To Specification Search," Working Papers 9727, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
- Rapoport, Hillel & Docquier, Frederic, 2006. "The Economics of Migrants' Remittances," Handbook on the Economics of Giving, Reciprocity and Altruism, Elsevier.
- Godfrey, Leslie G, 1978. "Testing for Higher Order Serial Correlation in Regression Equations When the Regressors Include Lagged Dependent Variables," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(6), pages 1303-1310, November.
- Altonji, Joseph G & Hayashi, Fumio & Kotlikoff, Laurence J, 1992.
"Is the Extended Family Altruistically Linked? Direct Tests Using Micro Data,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 82(5), pages 1177-1198, December.
- Joseph G. Altonji & Fumio Hayashi & Laurence J. Kotlikoff, 1989. "Is the Extended Family Altruistically Linked? Direct Tests Using Micro Data," NBER Working Papers 3046, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Carlos Vargas-Silva & Peng Huang, 2006.
"Macroeconomic determinantsof workers' remittances: Hostversus home country's economic conditions,"
The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(1), pages 81-99.
- Carlos Vargas-Silva & Peng Huang, 2005. "Macroeconomic Determinants of Workers’ Remittances: Host vs. Home Country’s Economic Conditions," International Finance 0507007, EconWPA, revised 27 Nov 2005.
- Nicholas P. Glytsos, 1997. "Remitting Behaviour of "Temporary" and "Permanent" Migrants: The Case of Greeks in Germany and Australia," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 11(3), pages 409-435, November.
- El-Sakka, M. I. T. & McNabb, Robert, 1999. "The Macroeconomic Determinants of Emigrant Remittances," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(8), pages 1493-1502, August.
- Lucas, Robert E B & Stark, Oded, 1985. "Motivations to Remit: Evidence from Botswana," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(5), pages 901-918, October.
- Niimi, Yoko & Ozden, Caglar, 2006. "Migration and remittances : causes and linkages," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4087, The World Bank.
- Glytsos, Nicholas & Katseli, Louka Tarsitsa, 1986. "Theoretical and Empirical Determinants of International Labour Mobility: A Greek-German Perspective," CEPR Discussion Papers 148, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kuckulenz, Anja & Buch, Claudia M., 2004. "Worker Remittances and Capital Flows to Developing Countries," ZEW Discussion Papers 04-31, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Russell, Sharon Stanton, 1986. "Remittances from international migration: A review in perspective," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 14(6), pages 677-696, June.
- Faini, Riccardo, 1994. "Workers Remittances and the Real Exchange Rate: A Quantitative Framework," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 7(2), pages 235-245.
- Poonam Gupta, 2005. "Macroeconomic Determinants of Remittances; Evidence from India," IMF Working Papers 05/224, International Monetary Fund.
- Freund, Caroline & Spatafora, Nikola, 2005. "Remittances : transaction costs, determinants, and informal flows," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3704, The World Bank.
- Altonji, Joseph G & Hayashi, Fumio & Kotlikoff, Laurence J, 1997.
"Parental Altruism and Inter Vivos Transfers: Theory and Evidence,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 105(6), pages 1121-1166, December.
- Joseph G. Altonji & Fumio Hayashi & Laurence Kotlikoff, "undated". "Parental Altruism and Inter Vivos Transfers: Theory and Evidence," IPR working papers 95-22, Institute for Policy Resarch at Northwestern University.
- Joseph G. Altonji & Fumio Hayashi & Laurence Kotlikoff, 1995. "Parental Altruism and Inter Vivos Transfers: Theory and Evidence," NBER Working Papers 5378, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joseph G. Altonji & Fumio Hayashi & Laurence J. Kotlikoff, 1995. "Parental Altruism and Inter Vivos Transfers: Theory and Evidence," Boston University - Institute for Economic Development 65, Boston University, Institute for Economic Development.
- Jurgen A. Doornik & Henrik Hansen, 2008.
"An Omnibus Test for Univariate and Multivariate Normality,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 70(s1), pages 927-939, December.
- Jurgen A Doornik & Henrik Hansen, "undated". "An omnibus test for univariate and multivariate normalit," Economics Papers W4&91., Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Matthew Higgins & Alketa Hysenbegasi & Susan Pozo, 2004. "Exchange-rate uncertainty and workers' remittances," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(6), pages 403-411.
- Siegfried, Nikolaus & Schiopu, Ioana, 2006. "Determinants of workers' remittances: evidence from the European Neighbouring Region," Working Paper Series 688, European Central Bank.
- Agarwal, Reena & Horowitz, Andrew W., 2002. "Are International Remittances Altruism or Insurance? Evidence from Guyana Using Multiple-Migrant Households," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(11), pages 2033-2044, November.
- Funkhouser, Edward, 1995. "Remittances from International Migration: A Comparison of El Salvador and Nicaragua," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 77(1), pages 137-146, February.
- Engle, Robert F, 1982. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity with Estimates of the Variance of United Kingdom Inflation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 987-1007, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ibrahim Sirkeci & Jeffrey H. Cohen & Dilip Ratha, 2012. "Migration and Remittances during the Global Financial Crisis and Beyond," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13092, January.
More about this item
KeywordsMigration; Remittances; Alturism; Cointegration;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-01-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-ARA-2010-01-23 (MENA - Middle East & North Africa)
- NEP-CBE-2010-01-23 (Cognitive & Behavioural Economics)
- NEP-CWA-2010-01-23 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-MIG-2010-01-23 (Economics of Human Migration)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kof:wpskof:10-246. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/koethch.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.