What Affects the Remittances of Turkish Workers: Turkish or German Output?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Osman Tuncay Aydas & Kivilcim Metin-Ozcan & Bilin Neyapti, 2005.
"Determinants of Workers' Remittances : The Case of Turkey,"
Emerging Markets Finance and Trade,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(3), pages 53-69, May.
- Bilin Neyapti & Kivilcim Metin-Ozcan & Osman Tuncay Aydas, 2004. "Determinants of Workers Remittances : The Case of Turkey," Working Papers 0405, Department of Economics, Bilkent University.
- Rapoport, Hillel & Docquier, Frederic, 2006. "The Economics of Migrants' Remittances," Handbook on the Economics of Giving, Reciprocity and Altruism, Elsevier.
- Nicholas P. Glytsos, 1997. "Remitting Behaviour of "Temporary" and "Permanent" Migrants: The Case of Greeks in Germany and Australia," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 11(3), pages 409-435, November.
- Andreoni, James, 1989. "Giving with Impure Altruism: Applications to Charity and Ricardian Equivalence," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(6), pages 1447-1458, December.
- Ilahi, Nadeem & Jafarey, Saqib, 1999. "Guestworker migration, remittances and the extended family: evidence from Pakistan," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 485-512, April.
- Cooley, Thomas F. & Ohanian, Lee E., 1991. "The cyclical behavior of prices," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 25-60, August.
- El-Sakka, M. I. T. & McNabb, Robert, 1999. "The Macroeconomic Determinants of Emigrant Remittances," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(8), pages 1493-1502, August.
- Lucas, Robert E B & Stark, Oded, 1985. "Motivations to Remit: Evidence from Botswana," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(5), pages 901-918, October.
- Glytsos, Nicholas & Katseli, Louka Tarsitsa, 1986. "Theoretical and Empirical Determinants of International Labour Mobility: A Greek-German Perspective," CEPR Discussion Papers 148, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Morten O. Ravn & Harald Uhlig, 2002. "On adjusting the Hodrick-Prescott filter for the frequency of observations," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 84(2), pages 371-375.
- Faini, Riccardo, 1994. "Workers Remittances and the Real Exchange Rate: A Quantitative Framework," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 7(2), pages 235-245.
- Nicholas Glytsos, 2005. "“Dynamic Effects of Migrant Remittances on Growth: An Econometric Model with an Application to Mediterranean Countries”. Discussion Paper, No. 74, KEPE, Athens, 2002," Labor and Demography 0505014, EconWPA.
- Serdar Sayan, 2004. "Guest Workers' Remittances and Output Fluctuations in Host and Home Countries : The Case of Remittances from Turkish Workers in Germany," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(6), pages 68-81, November.
- Poirine, Bernard, 1997. "A theory of remittances as an implicit family loan arrangement," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 589-611, January.
- Hoddinott, John, 1994. "A Model of Migration and Remittances Applied to Western Kenya," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 46(3), pages 459-476, July.
- Matthew Higgins & Alketa Hysenbegasi & Susan Pozo, 2004. "Exchange-rate uncertainty and workers' remittances," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(6), pages 403-411.
- Lucas, Robert E B, 1985. "Mines and Migrants in South Africa," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(5), pages 1094-1108, December.
- Elbadawi, Ibrahim & de Rezende Rocha, Robert, 1992. "Determinants of expatriate workers'remittances in North Africa and Europe," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1038, The World Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Farid MAKHLOUF, 2014. "PropriÃ©tÃ©s cycliques des transferts de fonds des migrants marocains," Working Papers 2013-2014_9, CATT - UPPA - Université de Pau et des Pays de l'Adour, revised Feb 2014.
- Bettin, Giulia & Paçacı Elitok, Seçil & Straubhaar, Thomas, 2012. "Causes and consequences of the downturn in financial remittances to Turkey: A descriptive approach," Edition HWWI: Chapters,in: Turkey, migration and the EU, pages 133-166 Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWI).
- Deodat E. Adenutsi & Meshach J. Aziakpono & Matthew K. Ocran, 2011.
"The Changing Impact Of Macroeconomic Environment On Remittance Inflows In Sub-Saharan Africa,"
Journal of Academic Research in Economics,
Spiru Haret University, Faculty of Accounting and Financial Management Constanta, vol. 3(2 (July)), pages 136-167.
- Adenutsi, Deodat E. & Aziakpono, Meshach J. & Ocran, Matthew K., 2011. "The changing impact of macroeconomic environment on remittance inflows in sub-Saharan Africa," MPRA Paper 37067, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsMigration; remittances; Turkey; Germany;
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
- J61 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Geographic Labor Mobility; Immigrant Workers
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-09-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2006-09-30 (Central Banking)
- NEP-CWA-2006-09-30 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-MAC-2006-09-30 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:diw:diwwpp:dp622. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bibliothek). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/diwbede.html .