“Dynamic Effects of Migrant Remittances on Growth: An Econometric Model with an Application to Mediterranean Countries”. Discussion Paper, No. 74, KEPE, Athens, 2002
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Adams, Richard H., Jr., 1991. "The effects of international remittances on poverty, inequality, and development in rural Egypt:," Research reports 86, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Stark, Oded & Taylor, J Edward & Yitzhaki, Shlomo, 1986. "Remittances and Inequality," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 96(383), pages 722-740, September.
- Richards, Alan & Martin, Philip L, 1983. "The Laissez-Faire Approach to International Labor Migration: The Case of the Arab Middle East," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 31(3), pages 455-474, April.
- Davidson, James E H, et al, 1978. "Econometric Modelling of the Aggregate Time-Series Relationship between Consumers' Expenditure and Income in the United Kingdom," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 88(352), pages 661-692, December.
- Glytsos, Nicholas P, 1993. "Measuring the Income Effects of Migrant Remittances: A Methodological Approach Applied to Greece," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 42(1), pages 131-168, October.
- Russell, Sharon Stanton, 1986. "Remittances from international migration: A review in perspective," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 14(6), pages 677-696, June.
- Elbadawi, Ibrahim & de Rezende Rocha, Robert, 1992. "Determinants of expatriate workers'remittances in North Africa and Europe," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1038, The World Bank.
- Djajic, Slobodan, 1986. "International migration, remittances and welfare in a dependent economy," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 229-234, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Diego Alberto Sandoval Herrera & María Fernanda Reyes Roa, 2012. "¿Por qué los migrantes envían remesas?: Repaso de las principales motivaciones microeconómicas," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 010036, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Aysit Tansel & Pinar Yasar, 2010.
"Macroeconomic impact of remittances on output growth: Evidence from Turkey,"
Transnational Press London, UK, vol. 7(2), pages 132-143, October.
- Aysit Tansel & Pinar Yasar, 2010. "Macroeconomic Impact of Remittances on Output Growth: Evidence from Turkey," ERC Working Papers 1002, ERC - Economic Research Center, Middle East Technical University, revised Jun 2010.
- Aysit Tansel & Pinar Yasar, 2010. "Macroeconomic Impact of Remittances on Output Growth: Evidence From Turkey," Working Papers 2010/12, Turkish Economic Association.
- Tansel, Aysit & Yaşar, Pınar, 2010. "Macroeconomic Impact of Remittances on Output Growth: Evidence from Turkey," IZA Discussion Papers 5376, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Aysit Tansel & Pinar Yasar, 2011. "Macroeconomic Impact of Remittances on Output Growth: Evidence from Turkey," Working Papers 586, Economic Research Forum, revised 05 Jan 2011.
- Kenneth E Jackson, 2011. "Openness, Economic Growth and Labour Migration in times of Global Downturn: with Special Reference to Asian Examples," Working Papers id:4488, eSocialSciences.
- Miguel D. Ramirez & Hari Sharma, 2009.
"Remittances and Growth in Latin America: A Panel Unit Root and Panel Cointegration Analysis,"
Estudios Economicos de Desarrollo Internacional,
Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 9(1).
- Ramirez, Miguel D. & Sharma, Hari, 2008. "Remittances and Growth in Latin America: A Panel Unit Root and Panel Cointegration Analysis," Working Papers 51, Yale University, Department of Economics.
- Radmila Dragutinovic Mitrovic & Milena Jovičić, 2006. "Macroeconomic Analysis of Causes and Effects of Remittances: A Panel Model of the SEE Countries and a Case Study of Serbia," wiiw Balkan Observatory Working Papers 63, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- Pablo Pincheira & Roberto Álvarez, 2009. "Evaluation of Short Run Inflation Forecasts and Forecasters in Chile," Money Affairs, Centro de Estudios Monetarios Latinoamericanos, vol. 0(2), pages 159-180, July-Dece.
- Trevor Campbell, 2009. "Workers Remittances and Their Impact on Economic Growth in Barbados," Money Affairs, Centro de Estudios Monetarios Latinoamericanos, vol. 0(2), pages 181-194, July-Dece.
- Sule Akkoyunlu & Konstantin A. Kholodilin, 2006. "What Affects the Remittances of Turkish Workers: Turkish or German Output?," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 622, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Roy, Ripon & Rahman, Md. Mokhlesur, 2014. "An empirical analysis of remittance – inflation relationship in Bangladesh: post-floating exchange rate scenario," MPRA Paper 55190, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jamal Bouoiyour & Refk Selmi & Amal Miftah, 2017.
"Relationship Between Remittances and Macroeconomic Variables in Times of Political and Social Upheaval: Evidence from Tunisia's Arab Spring,"
1140, Economic Research Forum, revised 09 2003.
- Jamal Bouoiyour & Refk Selmi & Amal Miftah, 2017. "Relationship between Remittances and Macroeconomic Variables in Times of Political and Social Upheaval: Evidence from Tunisia's Arab Spring," Papers 1708.07037, arXiv.org.
- World Bank, 2012. "Bangladesh - Towards Accelerated, Inclusive and Sustainable Growth : Opportunities and Challenges, Volume 2. Main Report," World Bank Other Operational Studies 12121, The World Bank.
- Durga P. Gautam, 2014. "Remittances and Governance: Does the Government Free Ride?," Working Papers 14-40, Department of Economics, West Virginia University.
- Neil Mitchell & Wayne Robinson, 2009. "The Asymmetric Effects of Nominal hocks on the Jamaican Economy: Evidence from a Non-linear VAR," Money Affairs, Centro de Estudios Monetarios Latinoamericanos, vol. 0(2), pages 119-138, July-Dece.
- Daniel Boamah & Winston Moore, 2009. "External Debt and Growth in the Caribbean," Money Affairs, Centro de Estudios Monetarios Latinoamericanos, vol. 0(2), pages 139-157, July-Dece.
- Biru Paul & Md. Uddin & Abdullah Noman, 2011. "Remittances and output in Bangladesh: an ARDL bounds testing approach to cointegration," International Review of Economics, Springer;Happiness Economics and Interpersonal Relations (HEIRS), vol. 58(2), pages 229-242, June.
- Aliaa Nabil Khodeir, 2015. "Migration Remittances Inflows and Macroeconomic Shocks: The Case of Egypt," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 5(4), pages 1001-1010.
More about this item
KeywordsKeywords: Migration; Remittances; Growth; Dynamic Model; Mediterranean Countries;
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
- O11 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Macroeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- O19 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - International Linkages to Development; Role of International Organizations
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-05-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2005-05-23 (Development)
- NEP-PKE-2005-05-23 (Post Keynesian Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpla:0505014. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: http://econwpa.repec.org .