Exchange-rate uncertainty and workers' remittances
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Andersen T. G & Bollerslev T. & Diebold F. X & Labys P., 2001. "The Distribution of Realized Exchange Rate Volatility," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 96, pages 42-55, March.
- Stark, Oded & Bloom, David E, 1985. "The New Economics of Labor Migration," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(2), pages 173-178, May.
- Schwert, G William & Seguin, Paul J, 1990. " Heteroskedasticity in Stock Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 45(4), pages 1129-1155, September.
- Ilahi, Nadeem & Jafarey, Saqib, 1999. "Guestworker migration, remittances and the extended family: evidence from Pakistan," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 485-512, April.
- El-Sakka, M. I. T. & McNabb, Robert, 1999. "The Macroeconomic Determinants of Emigrant Remittances," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(8), pages 1493-1502, August.
- Lucas, Robert E B & Stark, Oded, 1985. "Motivations to Remit: Evidence from Botswana," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(5), pages 901-918, October.
- Andersen, Torben G & Bollerslev, Tim, 1998. "Answering the Skeptics: Yes, Standard Volatility Models Do Provide Accurate Forecasts," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 39(4), pages 885-905, November.
- Newey, Whitney & West, Kenneth, 2014.
"A simple, positive semi-definite, heteroscedasticity and autocorrelation consistent covariance matrix,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 33(1), pages 125-132.
- Newey, Whitney K & West, Kenneth D, 1987. "A Simple, Positive Semi-definite, Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(3), pages 703-708, May.
- Whitney K. Newey & Kenneth D. West, 1986. "A Simple, Positive Semi-Definite, Heteroskedasticity and AutocorrelationConsistent Covariance Matrix," NBER Technical Working Papers 0055, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pagan, Adrian & Ullah, Aman, 1988. "The Econometric Analysis of Models with Risk Terms," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 3(2), pages 87-105, April.
- Torben G. Andersen & Tim Bollerslev, 1998. "Deutsche Mark-Dollar Volatility: Intraday Activity Patterns, Macroeconomic Announcements, and Longer Run Dependencies," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 53(1), pages 219-265, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Isabel Ruiz & Carlos Vargas-Silva, 2010.
"Another consequence of the economic crisis: a decrease in migrants' remittances,"
Applied Financial Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(1-2), pages 171-182.
- Isabel Ruiz & Carlos Vargas-Silva, 2009. "Another Consequence of the Economic Crisis: A Decrease in Migrants’ Remittances," Working Papers 0907, Sam Houston State University, Department of Economics and International Business.
- Hasan, Mohammad Monirul, 2008. "The macroeconomic determinants of remittances in Bangladesh," MPRA Paper 27744, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Sep 2010.
- Isabel Ruiz & Carlos Vargas-Silva, 2012. "Exploring the causes of the slowdown in remittances to Mexico," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 42(3), pages 745-766, June.
- Giulia Bettin & Andrea F. Presbitero & Nikola L. Spatafora, 2017.
"Remittances and Vulnerability in Developing Countries,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 31(1), pages 1-23.
- Giulia Bettin & Andrea Filippo Presbitero & Nikola Spatafora, 2014. "Remittances and vulnerability in developing countries," Mo.Fi.R. Working Papers 93, Money and Finance Research group (Mo.Fi.R.) - Univ. Politecnica Marche - Dept. Economic and Social Sciences.
- Giulia Bettin & Andrea Presbitero & Nicola Spatafora, 2014. "Remittances and Vulnerability in Developing Countries," IMF Working Papers 14/13, International Monetary Fund.
- Bettin, Giulia & Presbitero, Andrea F. & Spatafora, Nikola, 2014. "Remittances and vulnerability in developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6812, The World Bank.
- Francis M. Kemegue & Emmanuel Owusu-Sekyere & ReneÃ© van Eyden, 2011.
"What drives remittance inflows to Sub-Saharan Africa: A Dynamic Panel Approach,"
262, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Francis Kemegue & Emmanuel Owusu-Sekyere & Renee van Eyden, 2011. "What Drives Remittance Inflows to Sub-Saharan Africa? A Dynamic Panel Approach," Working Papers 201128, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Åule Akkoyunlu & Konstantin A. Kholodilin, 2008.
"A Link Between Workers' Remittances and Business Cycles in Germany and Turkey,"
Emerging Markets Finance and Trade,
M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 44(5), pages 23-40, September.
- Ã…Âžule Akkoyunlu & Konstantin A. Kholodilin, 2008. "A Link Between Workers' Remittances and Business Cycles in Germany and Turkey," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(5), pages 23-40, September.
- Sule Akkoyunlu & Konstantin A. Kholodilin, 2006. "What Affects the Remittances of Turkish Workers: Turkish or German Output?," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 622, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- James Boyce & Léonce Ndikumana, 2008. "New Estimates of Capital Flight from Sub-Saharan African Countries: Linkages with External Borrowing and Policy Options," Working Papers wp166, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Catalina Amuedo-Dorantes & Susan Pozo, 2010. "Remittances and their Response to Portfolio Variables," CReAM Discussion Paper Series 1021, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- Adams Jr., Richard H., 2009. "The Determinants of International Remittances in Developing Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 93-103, January.
- Naheem Mahtab, 2015. "The Effect of Macroeconomic Variables on the Inflow of Remittance in Bangladesh," Economy, Asian Online Journal Publishing Group, vol. 2(1), pages 21-31.
- Sule Akkoyunlu, 2010. "Are Turkish Migrants Altruistic?," KOF Working papers 10-246, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- Carlos Vargas-Silva, 2009.
"The Tale of Three Amigos: Remittances, Exchange Rates, and Money Demand in Mexico,"
Review of Development Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(1), pages 1-14, February.
- Carlos Vargas-Silva, 2007. "The Tale of Three Amigos: Remittances, Exchange Rates and Money Demand in Mexico," Working Papers 0704, Sam Houston State University, Department of Economics and International Business.
- Ebenezer A. Olubiyi & Kubrat O. Kehinde, 2015. "Does Exchange Rate Affect Remittances in Nigeria?," The Review of Finance and Banking, Academia de Studii Economice din Bucuresti, Romania / Facultatea de Finante, Asigurari, Banci si Burse de Valori / Catedra de Finante, vol. 7(1), pages 031-045, June.
- Carlos Vargas-Silva & Peng Huang, 2006.
"Macroeconomic determinantsof workers' remittances: Hostversus home country's economic conditions,"
The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(1), pages 81-99.
- Carlos Vargas-Silva & Peng Huang, 2005. "Macroeconomic Determinants of Workers’ Remittances: Host vs. Home Country’s Economic Conditions," International Finance 0507007, EconWPA, revised 27 Nov 2005.
- Deodat E. Adenutsi & Meshach J. Aziakpono & Matthew K. Ocran, 2011.
"The Changing Impact Of Macroeconomic Environment On Remittance Inflows In Sub-Saharan Africa,"
Journal of Academic Research in Economics,
Spiru Haret University, Faculty of Accounting and Financial Management Constanta, vol. 3(2 (July)), pages 136-167.
- Adenutsi, Deodat E. & Aziakpono, Meshach J. & Ocran, Matthew K., 2011. "The changing impact of macroeconomic environment on remittance inflows in sub-Saharan Africa," MPRA Paper 37067, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kamel Jlassi, 2015. "Modelling and Forecasting of Tunisian Current Account: Aggregate versus Disaggregate Approach," IHEID Working Papers 13-2015, Economics Section, The Graduate Institute of International Studies.
- Díaz, Violeta & Soydemir, Gökçe, 2013. "Regional foreclosures and Mexican remittances: Evidence from the housing market crisis," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 74-86.
- Amuedo-Dorantes, Catalina & Pozo, Susan, 2012. "Remittances and Portfolio Values: An Inquiry Using Spanish Immigrants from Africa, Europe and the Americas," IZA Discussion Papers 6622, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Imene Guetat & Dorsaf Sridi, 2014. "Institutional Quality Effect on Remittances in the MENA Region," Working Papers 864, Economic Research Forum, revised Nov 2014.
- Mirzosaid Sultonov, 2013. "The Macroeconomic Determinants of Remittance Flows from Russia to Tajikistan," Transition Studies Review, Springer;Central Eastern European University Network (CEEUN), vol. 19(4), pages 417-430, March.
- repec:spr:portec:v:16:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s10258-017-0136-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Amuedo-Dorantes, Catalina & Pozo, Susan, 2013. "Remittances and Portfolio Values: An Inquiry using Immigrants from Africa, Europe, and the Americas," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 83-95.
- Niimi, Yoko & Ozden, Caglar, 2006. "Migration and remittances : causes and linkages," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4087, The World Bank.
- Adams, Richard H., Jr., 2008. "The demographic, economic and financial determinants of international remittances in developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4583, The World Bank.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:apfiec:v:14:y:2004:i:6:p:403-411. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAFE20 .