Demand and Supply Factors in the Determination of NIE Exports: A Simultaneous Error-Correction Model for Hong Kong: A Comment
V. A. Muscatelli, T. G. Srinivasan and D. Vines (1992) purported to refute J. Riedel's (1988) finding that Hong Kong is a small, price-taking country in world markets. This comment shows, however, that Muscatelli, Srinivasan, and Vines's results are due entirely to an unjustifiable restriction they imposed on the estimated export demand equation and not the result of using a superior estimation technique, as they asserted. Copyright 1994 by Royal Economic Society.
Volume (Year): 104 (1994)
Issue (Month): 427 (November)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Office of the Secretary-General, Rm E35, The Bute Building, Westburn Lane, St Andrews, KY16 9TS, UK|
Phone: +44 1334 462479
Web page: http://www.res.org.uk/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.blackwellpublishers.co.uk/asp/journal.asp?ref=0013-0133|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Shah, Shekhar & Mishra, Deepak & Panagariya, Arvind, 1996.
"Demand elasticities in international trade : are they really low?,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
1712, The World Bank.
- Panagariya, Arvind & Shah, Shekhar & Mishra, Deepak, 2001. "Demand elasticities in international trade: are they really low?," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 313-342, April.
- J.M. Ananda Jayawickrama, 2009. "Modelling Trade Sector and Trade Shocks in a Small Open Economy," South Asia Economic Journal, Institute of Policy Studies of Sri Lanka, vol. 10(1), pages 81-103, January.
- Mohammad Kabir & Ruhul Salim, 2011. "Analysing Potential Effects of Preferential Liberalisation in Some Asian Emerging Economies," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 25(2), pages 191-213.
- Harrison, Glenn W. & Rutherford, Thomas F. & Tarr,David & Gurgel, Angelo, 2003. "Regional, multilateral, and unilateral trade policies on MERCOSUR for growth and poverty reduction in Brazil," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3051, The World Bank.
- Thomas F. Rutherford & David G. Tarr, 2003. "Regional Trading Arrangements for Chile: do the Results Differ with a Dynamic Model?," Economie Internationale, CEPII research center, issue 94-95, pages 261-281.
- Ernesto Valenzuela & Kym Anderson & Thomas Hertel, 2007.
"Impacts of Trade Reform: Sensitivity of Model Results to Key Assumptions,"
Centre for International Economic Studies Working Papers
2007-09, University of Adelaide, Centre for International Economic Studies.
- Ernesto Valenzuela & Kym Anderson & Thomas Hertel, 2008. "Impacts of trade reform: sensitivity of model results to key assumptions," International Economics and Economic Policy, Springer, vol. 4(4), pages 395-420, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ecj:econjl:v:104:y:1994:i:427:p:1411-14. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.