Strategic Effects of Regulatory Capital Requirements in Imperfect Banking Competition
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Eva Schliephake & Roland Kirstein, 2013. "Strategic Effects of Regulatory Capital Requirements in Imperfect Banking Competition," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 45(4), pages 675-700, June.
References listed on IDEAS
- Arnoud W.A. Boot & Matej Marinc, 2006.
"Competition and Entry in Banking: Implications for Stability and Capital Regulation,"
Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers
06-015/2, Tinbergen Institute.
- Boot, Arnoud W A & Marinc, Matej, 2006. "Competition and Entry in Banking: Implications for Stability and Capital Regulation," CEPR Discussion Papers 5518, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Wolf Wagner, 2010. "Loan Market Competition and Bank Risk-Taking," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 37(1), pages 71-81, February.
- Allen, Franklin & Gale, Douglas, 2004. "Competition and Financial Stability," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 36(3), pages 453-480, June.
- Boccard, Nicolas & Wauthy, Xavier, 2000.
"Bertrand competition and Cournot outcomes: further results,"
Elsevier, vol. 68(3), pages 279-285, September.
- BOCCARD , Nicolas & WAUTHY, Xavier, 2000. "Bertrand competition and Cournot outcomes: futher results," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1474, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- João A. C. Santos, 2000. "Bank capital regulation in contemporary banking theory: a review of the literature," BIS Working Papers 90, Bank for International Settlements.
- Keeley, Michael C, 1990. "Deposit Insurance, Risk, and Market Power in Banking," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(5), pages 1183-1200, December.
- David VanHoose, 2008. "Bank Capital Regulation, Economic Stability, and Monetary Policy: What Does the Academic Literature Tell Us?," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 36(1), pages 1-14, March.
- VanHoose, David, 2007. "Theories of bank behavior under capital regulation," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(12), pages 3680-3697, December.
- Furlong, Frederick T. & Keeley, Michael C., 1989. "Capital regulation and bank risk-taking: A note," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(6), pages 883-891, December.
- Maggi, Giovanni, 1996. "Strategic Trade Policies with Endogenous Mode of Competition," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(1), pages 237-258, March.
- BOCCARD, Nicolas & WAUTHY, Xavier, 1999. "Relaxing Bertrand competition : capacity commitment beats quality differentiation," CORE Discussion Papers 1999056, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Roland Kirstein & Matthias Peiss, 2013. "Quantitative Machtkonzepte in der Ökonomik," FEMM Working Papers 130004, Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg, Faculty of Economics and Management.
- Ahn, Jung-Hyun & Breton, Régis, 2014. "Securitization, competition and monitoring," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 195-210.
- Chen, Zhizhen & Liu, Frank Hong & Opong, Kwaku & Zhou, Mingming, 2017. "Short-term safety or long-term failure? Empirical evidence of the impact of securitization on bank risk," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 48-74.
- Simone Raab & Peter Welzel, 2010. "The Economics of Regional Demarcation in Banking," Discussion Paper Series 308, Universitaet Augsburg, Institute for Economics.
- Dia, Enzo, 2013. "How do banks respond to shocks? A dynamic model of deposit-taking institutions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(9), pages 3623-3638.
- Eva Schliephake, 2013. "When Banks Strategically React to Regulation: Market Concentration as a Moderator for Stability," FEMM Working Papers 130012, Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg, Faculty of Economics and Management.
- Schliephake, Eva, 2014. "When Banks Strategically React to Regulation: Market Concentration as a Moderator for Stability," Annual Conference 2014 (Hamburg): Evidence-based Economic Policy 100458, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
More about this item
Keywordsequity regulation; oligopoly; capacity constraint;
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- K23 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law - - - Regulated Industries and Administrative Law
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-06-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2010-06-18 (Banking)
- NEP-CFN-2010-06-18 (Corporate Finance)
- NEP-COM-2010-06-18 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-REG-2010-06-18 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mag:wpaper:100012. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guido Henkel). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fwmagde.html .