Loan Market Competition and Bank Risk-Taking
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Repullo, Rafael, 2004.
"Capital requirements, market power, and risk-taking in banking,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 156-182, April.
- Rafael Repullo, 2002. "Capital requirements, market power, and risk-taking in banking," Proceedings 809, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Repullo, Rafael, 2003. "Capital Requirements, Market Power and Risk-Taking in Banking," CEPR Discussion Papers 3721, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gianni De Nicolo & Abu M. Jalal & John H. Boyd, 2006. "Bank Risk-Taking and Competition Revisited; New Theory and New Evidence," IMF Working Papers 06/297, International Monetary Fund.
- Thakor, Anjan V., 2000. "Relationship Banking," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 3-5, January.
- Giovanni Dell'Ariccia & Robert Marquez, 2006. "Lending Booms and Lending Standards," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 61(5), pages 2511-2546, October.
- Robert Hauswald & Robert Marquez, 2006. "Competition and Strategic Information Acquisition in Credit Markets," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 19(3), pages 967-1000.
- John H. Boyd & Gianni De Nicolã, 2005. "The Theory of Bank Risk Taking and Competition Revisited," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 60(3), pages 1329-1343, June.
- Dell'Ariccia, Giovanni & Marquez, Robert, 2004. "Information and bank credit allocation," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 185-214, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Anginer, Deniz & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Zhu, Min, 2014. "How does competition affect bank systemic risk?," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 1-26.
- repec:eee:jbfina:v:80:y:2017:i:c:p:108-118 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tabak, Benjamin M. & Fazio, Dimas M. & Cajueiro, Daniel O., 2012.
"The relationship between banking market competition and risk-taking: Do size and capitalization matter?,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 36(12), pages 3366-3381.
- Benjamin M. Tabak & Dimas M. Fazio & Daniel O. Cajueiro, 2011. "The Relationship Between Banking Market Competition and Risk-taking: Do Size and Capitalization Matter?," Working Papers Series 261, Central Bank of Brazil, Research Department.
- Eva Schliephake & Roland Kirstein, 2013.
"Strategic Effects of Regulatory Capital Requirements in Imperfect Banking Competition,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 45(4), pages 675-700, June.
- Eva Schliephake & Roland Kirstein, 2010. "Strategic Effects of Regulatory Capital Requirements in Imperfect Banking Competition," FEMM Working Papers 100012, Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg, Faculty of Economics and Management.
- Sarmiento Paipilla, N.M. & Galán, Jorge E., 2015.
"The Influence of Risk-taking on Bank Efficiency : Evidence from Colombia,"
2015-036, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Miguel Sarmiento & Jorge E. Galán, 2015. "The Influence of Risk-Taking on Bank Efficiency: Evidence from Colombia," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 013254, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Miguel Sarmiento & Jorge E. Galán, 2015. "The influence of risk-taking on bank efficiency: evidence from Colombia," Working Papers 1537, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Miguel Sarmiento & Jorge E. Galán, 2015. "The Influence of Risk-Taking on Bank Efficiency: Evidence from Colombia," Borradores de Economia 894, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Beck, T.H.L. & De Jonghe, O.G. & Schepens, G., 2012. "Bank Competition and Stability : Cross-country Heterogeneity (Revised version of CentER DP 2011-080)," Discussion Paper 2012-085, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Francesco Marchionne & Alberto Zazzaro, 2013. "Rischio e concorrenza nel sistema bancario italiano durante la crisi finanziaria globale," Mo.Fi.R. Working Papers 86, Money and Finance Research group (Mo.Fi.R.) - Univ. Politecnica Marche - Dept. Economic and Social Sciences.
- Khemais Zaghdoudi & Abdelaziz Hakimi, 2017. "The Determinants of Liquidity Risk: Evidence from Tunisian Banks," Journal of Applied Finance & Banking, SCIENPRESS Ltd, vol. 7(2), pages 1-5.
- Tabak, Benjamin M. & Gomes, Guilherme M.R. & da Silva Medeiros, Maurício, 2015.
"The impact of market power at bank level in risk-taking: The Brazilian case,"
International Review of Financial Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 154-165.
- Benjamin Miranda Tabak & Guilherme Maia Rodrigues Gomes & Maurício da Silva Medeiros Júnior, 2012. "The Impact of Market Power at Bank Level in Risk-taking: the Brazilian case," Working Papers Series 283, Central Bank of Brazil, Research Department.
- Beck, Thorsten & De Jonghe, Olivier & Schepens, Glenn, 2013.
"Bank competition and stability: Cross-country heterogeneity,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, pages 218-244.
- T. Beck & O. De Jonghe & G. Schepens, 2011. "Bank competition and stability: cross-country heterogeneity," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 11/732, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Iftekhar Hasan & Matej Marinč, 2016.
"Should competition policy in banking be amended during crises? Lessons from the EU,"
European Journal of Law and Economics,
Springer, vol. 42(2), pages 295-324, October.
- Hasan, Iftekhar & Marinc, Matej, 2013. "Should competition policy in banking be amended during crises? : Lessons from the EU," Research Discussion Papers 7/2013, Bank of Finland.
- Barra, Cristian & Zotti, Roberto, 2017. "On the relationship between bank market concentration and stability of financial institutions: Evidence from the Italian banking sector," MPRA Paper 79900, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Stefan Arping, 2012. "Banking Competition and Soft Budget Constraints: How Market Power can threaten Discipline in Lending," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 12-146/IV/DSF49, Tinbergen Institute.
- Shijaku, Gerti, 2017. "Bank Stability and Competition: Evidence from Albanian Banking Market," MPRA Paper 79891, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kick, Thomas & Prieto, Esteban, 2013.
"Bank risk taking and competition: Evidence from regional banking markets,"
30/2013, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Kick, Thomas & Prieto, Esteban, 2013. "Bank Risk Taking and Competition: Evidence from Regional Banking Markets," Annual Conference 2013 (Duesseldorf): Competition Policy and Regulation in a Global Economic Order 79919, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Franco Fiordelisi & Stefano Monferrà & Gabriele Sampagnaro, 2014. "Relationship Lending and Credit Quality," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 46(3), pages 295-315, December.
- repec:eee:quaeco:v:65:y:2017:i:c:p:114-127 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:rsr:supplm:v:65:y:2017:i:5:p:17-30 is not listed on IDEAS
- Shijaku, Gerti, 2016. "Does bank competition affect bank stability after the global financial crisis?," MPRA Paper 79084, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ronald Fischer & Nicolás Inostroza & Felipe J. Ramírez, 2015. "Banking Competition and Economic Stability," Documentos de Trabajo 320, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
- Alina Mihaela Dima & Simona Vasilache, 2016. "Credit Risk modeling for Companies Default Prediction using Neural Networks," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(3), pages 127-143, September.
- Melnik, Arie & Shy, Oz, 2015. "Exclusion, competition, and regulation in the retail loan market," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 189-198.
- repec:eee:ememar:v:32:y:2017:i:c:p:52-73 is not listed on IDEAS
- Stefan Arping, 2014. "Does Competition make Banks more Risk-seeking?," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 14-059/IV, Tinbergen Institute.
- BARRA, Cristian & ZOTTI, Roberto, 2017. "Bank Performance, Financial Stability and Market Competition: do Cooperative and Non-Cooperative Banks Behave Differently?," CELPE Discussion Papers 143, CELPE - Centre of Labour Economics and Economic Policy, University of Salerno, Italy.
More about this item
KeywordsLoan market competition; Risk shifting; Bank stability; G21; L11;
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jfsres:v:37:y:2010:i:1:p:71-81. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .