Anti-Lemons: School Reputation, Relative Diversity, and Educational Quality
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Arnott, Richard & Rowse, John, 1987. "Peer group effects and educational attainment," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 287-305, April.
- Jacob A. Mincer, 1974. "Introduction to "Schooling, Experience, and Earnings"," NBER Chapters,in: Schooling, Experience, and Earnings, pages 1-4 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lisa Barrow & Cecilia Elena Rouse, 2008.
"School vouchers and student achievement: recent evidence, remaining questions,"
Working Paper Series
WP-08-08, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Cecilia Rouse & Lisa Barrow, 2008. "School Vouchers and Student Achievement: Recent Evidence, Remaining Questions," Working Papers 1103, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Education Research Section..
- Dennis Epple & Richard Romano, 2008. "Educational Vouchers And Cream Skimming," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 49(4), pages 1395-1435, November.
- Jacob A. Mincer, 1974. "Schooling, Experience, and Earnings," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number minc74-1.
- Philip Babcock & Mindy Marks, 2011.
"The Falling Time Cost of College: Evidence from Half a Century of Time Use Data,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 93(2), pages 468-478, May.
- Babcock, Phillip & Marks, Mindy, 2010. "The Falling Time Cost of College: Evidence from Half a Century of Time Use Data," University of California at Santa Barbara, Economics Working Paper Series qt7rc9d7vz, Department of Economics, UC Santa Barbara.
- Philip S. Babcock & Mindy Marks, 2010. "The Falling Time Cost of College: Evidence from Half a Century of Time Use Data," NBER Working Papers 15954, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- C. Kirabo Jackson, 2010. "Do Students Benefit from Attending Better Schools? Evidence from Rule-based Student Assignments in Trinidad and Tobago," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 120(549), pages 1399-1429, December.
- Jesse M. Rothstein, 2006.
"Good Principals or Good Peers? Parental Valuation of School Characteristics, Tiebout Equilibrium, and the Incentive Effects of Competition among Jurisdictions,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 96(4), pages 1333-1350, September.
- Jesse M. Rothstein, 2003. "Good Principals or Good Peers? Parental Valuation of School Characteristics, Tiebout Equilibrium, and the Incentive Effects of Competition among Jurisdictions," Working Papers 3, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Education Research Section..
- Mizala, Alejandra & Urquiola, Miguel, 2013.
"School markets: The impact of information approximating schools' effectiveness,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 103(C), pages 313-335.
- Alejandra Mizala & Miguel Urquiola, 2007. "School Markets: The Impact of Information Approximating Schools' Effectiveness," NBER Working Papers 13676, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fabian Lange, 2007. "The Speed of Employer Learning," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 25, pages 1-35.
- MacLeod, Bentley, 2009.
"Anti-Lemons: School Reputation and Educational Quality,"
Department of Economics, Working Paper Series
qt3rc708kd, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- W. Bentley MacLeod & Miguel Urquiola, 2009. "Anti-Lemons: School Reputation and Educational Quality," NBER Working Papers 15112, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Epple, Dennis & Romano, Richard E, 1998. "Competition between Private and Public Schools, Vouchers, and Peer-Group Effects," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 88(1), pages 33-62, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Volker Meier & Ioana Cosmina Schiopu, 2015. "Why Academic Quality in Higher Education Declines," CESifo Working Paper Series 5480, CESifo Group Munich.
- MacLeod, W. Bentley & Urquiola, Miguel, 2012. "Competition and Educational Productivity: Incentives Writ Large," IZA Discussion Papers 7063, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
More about this item
Keywordseducation; reputation; competition; labor markets;
- H2 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue
- H4 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-09-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-EDU-2012-09-30 (Education)
- NEP-LAB-2012-09-30 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-LTV-2012-09-30 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
- NEP-URE-2012-09-30 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp6805. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .