How to interpret the growing phenomenon of private tutoring : human capital deepening, inequality increasing, or waste of resources ?
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Choi, Hoon & Choi, Álvaro, 2016. "Regulating private tutoring consumption in Korea: Lessons from another failure," International Journal of Educational Development, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 144-156.
- Gurun, Ayfer & Millimet, Daniel L., 2008. "Does Private Tutoring Payoff?," IZA Discussion Papers 3637, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Muinah Fadhilah & Andriyansah, 2017. "Strategic Implementation of Environmentally Friendly Innovation of Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises in Indonesia," European Research Studies Journal, European Research Studies Journal, vol. 0(4B), pages 134-148.
- Hyun H. Son, 2013. "Inequality of Human Opportunities in Developing Asia," Asian Development Review, MIT Press, vol. 30(2), pages 110-130, September.
- Yuliya Makhdievna Makhdieva, 2017. "Social/Economic Preconditions and Prospects for the Development of Education Insurance in Russia," European Research Studies Journal, European Research Studies Journal, vol. 0(4A), pages 160-174.
- Sun, Lunxuan & Shafiq, M. Najeeb & McClure, Maureen & Guo, Sisi, 2020. "Are there educational and psychological benefits from private supplementary tutoring in Mainland China? Evidence from the China Education Panel Survey, 2013–15," International Journal of Educational Development, Elsevier, vol. 72(C).
- Zhang, Yu, 2013. "Does private tutoring improve students’ National College Entrance Exam performance?—A case study from Jinan, China," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 1-28.
More about this item
KeywordsTeaching and Learning; Tertiary Education; Education For All; Primary Education;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-DEV-2008-03-08 (Development)
- NEP-EDU-2008-03-08 (Education)
- NEP-HRM-2008-03-08 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
- NEP-LAB-2008-03-08 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:4530. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.