On the Determinants and Implications of School Choice: Semi-Structural Simulations for Chile
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Francisco A. Gallego & Andres E. Hernando, 2008. "On the Determinants and Implications of School Choice: Semi-Structural Simulations for Chile," ECONOMIA JOURNAL, THE LATIN AMERICAN AND CARIBBEAN ECONOMIC ASSOCIATION - LACEA, vol. 0(Fall 2008), pages 197-244, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Andrade, Eduardo & Moita, Rodrigo & Silva, Carlos, 2013. "Common factors and the exchange rate: results from the Brazilian case," Insper Working Papers wpe_317, Insper Working Paper, Insper Instituto de Ensino e Pesquisa.
- Francisco Gallego & Andrés Hernando, 2009. "School Choice in Chile: Looking at the Demand Side," Documentos de Trabajo 356, Instituto de Economia. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile..
- Cáceres-Delpiano, Julio & Giolito, Eugenio & Castillo, Sebastián, 2018.
"Early impacts of college aid,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 154-166.
- Cáceres-Delpiano, Julio & Giolito, Eugenio P. & Castillo, Sebastián, 2015. "Early Impacts of College Aid," IZA Discussion Papers 9238, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Cáceres-Delpiano, Julio & Giolito, Eugenio & Castillo, Sebastián, 2015. "Early Impacts of College Aid," Research Department working papers 770, CAF Development Bank Of Latinamerica.
- Tomás Rau & Sergio Urzúa & Loreto Reyes, 2015. "Early Exposure to Hazardous Waste and Academic Achievement: Evidence from a Case of Environmental Negligence," Journal of the Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, University of Chicago Press, vol. 2(4), pages 527-563.
- Andrade, Eduardo de Carvalho & Moita, Rodrigo Menon Simões & Silva, Carlos Eduardo Lobo, 2011. "Permanent Excess Demand as Business Strategy: An Analysis of the Brazilian Higher-Education Market," Insper Working Papers wpe_245, Insper Working Paper, Insper Instituto de Ensino e Pesquisa.
- Kenzo Asahi, 2014. "The Impact of Better School Accessibility on Student outcomes," SERC Discussion Papers 0156, Spatial Economics Research Centre, LSE.
- Patrinos, Harry A. & Sakellariou, Chris, 2011.
"Quality of Schooling, Returns to Schooling and the 1981 Vouchers Reform in Chile,"
Elsevier, vol. 39(12), pages 2245-2256.
- Patrinos, Harry Anthony, 2008. "Quality of schooling, returns to schooling and the 1981 vouchers reform in Chile," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4617, The World Bank.
- Gallego Francisco, 2013.
"When Does Inter-School Competition Matter? Evidence from the Chilean “Voucher” System,"
The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy,
De Gruyter, vol. 13(2), pages 525-562, August.
- Francisco Gallego, 2012. "When does Inter-School Competition Matter? Evidence from the Chilean 'Voucher' System," Documentos de Trabajo 429, Instituto de Economia. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile..
- Chumacero, Rómulo & Paredes, Ricardo, 2011. "Favored child? School choice within the family," MPRA Paper 31838, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gershberg, Alec Ian & González, Pablo Alberto & Meade, Ben, 2012. "Understanding and Improving Accountability in Education: A Conceptual Framework and Guideposts from Three Decentralization Reform Experiences in Latin America," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(5), pages 1024-1041.
- Andrade, Eduardo de C. & Moita, Rodrigo M., 2009. "Peer Effect and Competition in Higher Education," Insper Working Papers wpe_185, Insper Working Paper, Insper Instituto de Ensino e Pesquisa.
- Nicolás Grau, 2016. "A Dynamic Model of Elementary School Choice," Working Papers wp417, University of Chile, Department of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsSchool choice; Chile; vouchers; segregation; structural estimates; parents preferences;
- I20 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - General
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
- I22 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Educational Finance; Financial Aid
- I28 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Government Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-10-07 (All new papers)
- NEP-DCM-2008-10-07 (Discrete Choice Models)
- NEP-DEV-2008-10-07 (Development)
- NEP-EDU-2008-10-07 (Education)
- NEP-URE-2008-10-07 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ioe:doctra:343. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jaime Casassus). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iepuccl.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.