Occupational and industrial segregation of female and male workers in Spain: An alternative approach
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert Hutchens, 2004. "One Measure of Segregation," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 45(2), pages 555-578, May.
- Preston, Jo Anne, 1999. "Occupational gender segregation Trends and explanations," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 611-624.
- Barbara Petrongolo, 2004.
"Gender Segregation in Employment Contracts,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
MIT Press, vol. 2(2-3), pages 331-345, 04/05.
- Petrongolo, Barbara, 2004. "Gender segregation in employment contracts," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 3662, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Petrongolo, Barbara, 2004. "Gender Segregation in Employment Contracts," CEPR Discussion Papers 4303, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Barbara Petrongolo, 2004. "Gender Segregation in Employment Contracts," CEP Discussion Papers dp0637, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Francine D. Blau & Lawrence M. Kahn, 2003.
"Understanding International Differences in the Gender Pay Gap,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 21(1), pages 106-144, January.
- Francine D. Blau & Lawrence M. Kahn, 2001. "Understanding International Differences in the Gender Pay Gap," NBER Working Papers 8200, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jenkins, Stephen P. & Micklewright, John & Schnepf, Sylke Viola, 2006.
"Social segregation in Secondary Schools: how does England compare with other countries?,"
ISER Working Paper Series
2006-02, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Stephen P. Jenkins & John Micklewright & Sylke V. Schnepf, 2006. "Social segregation in secondary schools: How does England compare with other countries?," Working Papers 27, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Jenkins, Stephen P. & Micklewright, John & Schnepf, Sylke V., 2006. "Social Segregation in Secondary Schools: How Does England Compare with Other Countries?," IZA Discussion Papers 1959, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Stephen P. Jenkins & John Micklewright & Sylke V. Schnepf, 2006. "Social Segregation in Secondary Schools: How Does England Compare with Other Countries?," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 550, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Coral del Río & Olga Alonso-Villar, 2007. "An alternative proposal for measuring occupational segregation," Working Papers 82, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Ricardo Mora & Javier Ruiz-Castillo, 2004.
"Gender segregation by occupations in the public and the private sector.The case of Spain,"
Fundación SEPI, vol. 28(3), pages 399-428, September.
- Mora, Ricardo & Ruiz-Castillo, Javier, 2003. "Gender segregation by occupation in the public and the private sector : the case of Spain," UC3M Working papers. Economics we031604, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Ricardo Mora & Javier Ruiz-Castillo, 2003.
"Additively Decomposable Segregation Indexes. The Case of Gender Segregation by Occupations and Human Capital Levels in Spain,"
The Journal of Economic Inequality,
Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 1(2), pages 147-179, August.
- Mora, Ricardo & Ruiz-Castillo, Javier, 2003. "Additively decomposable segregation indexes. The case of gender segregation by occupations and human capital levels in Spain," UC3M Working papers. Economics we031503, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Plasman, Robert & Sissoko, Salimata, 2004.
"Comparing Apples with Oranges: Revisiting the Gender Wage Gap in an International Perspective,"
IZA Discussion Papers
1449, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Robert Plasman & Salimata Sissoko Ndeye, 2005. "Comparing apples with oranges: revisiting the gender wage gap in an international perspective," DULBEA Working Papers 05-12.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- John A. Bishop & K. Victor Chow & Lester A. Zeager, 2003. "Decomposing Lorenz and Concentration Curves," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 44(3), pages 965-978, August.
- Hutchens, Robert M., 1991. "Segregation curves, Lorenz curves, and inequality in the distribution of people across occupations," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 31-51, February.
- Phelps, Edmund S, 1972. "The Statistical Theory of Racism and Sexism," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 62(4), pages 659-661, September.
- Dennis J. Aigner & Glen G. Cain, 1977. "Statistical Theories of Discrimination in Labor Markets," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 30(2), pages 175-187, January.
- M. Soledad Otero Giráldez & Carlos Gradín Lago, 2001. "Segregación Ocupacional En España, Una Perspectiva Territorial," Hacienda Pública Española, IEF, vol. 159(4), December.
- Chakravarty, Satya R. & Silber, Jacques, 2007. "A generalized index of employment segregation," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 185-195, March.
- Amuedo-Dorantes Catalina & De la Rica Sara, 2006. "The Role of Segregation and Pay Structure on the Gender Wage Gap: Evidence from Matched Employer-Employee Data for Spain," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 5(1), pages 1-34, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Olga Alonso-Villar, 2008. "What are we assuming when using inequality measures to quantify geographic concentration? An axiomatic approach," Working Papers 0801, Universidade de Vigo, Departamento de Economía Aplicada.
More about this item
KeywordsOccupational and industrial segregation; Segregation curves; Gender;
- J71 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor Discrimination - - - Hiring and Firing
- J16 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Gender; Non-labor Discrimination
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-03-15 (All new papers)
- NEP-LAB-2008-03-15 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-LTV-2008-03-15 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inq:inqwps:ecineq2008-84. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Maria Ana Lugo). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ecineea.html .