Impact of EU agricultural policy on developing countries: A Uganda case study
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Ole Boysen & Hans Grinsted Jensen & Alan Matthews, 2016. "Impact of EU agricultural policy on developing countries: A Uganda case study," The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 25(3), pages 377-402, June.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ole Boysen, 2009. "Border Price Shocks, Spatial Price Variation, and their Impacts on Poverty in Uganda," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp306, IIIS.
- François Bourguignon & Maurizio Bussolo & Luiz A. Pereira da Silva, 2008. "The Impact of Macroeconomic Policies on Poverty and Income Distribution : Macro-Micro Evaluation Techniques and Tools," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6586, August.
- David G. Blanchflower & Andrew J. Oswald, 1995.
"The Wage Curve,"
MIT Press Books,
The MIT Press,
edition 1, volume 1, number 026202375x, March.
- Roman Keeney & Thomas W. Hertel, 2009. "The Indirect Land Use Impacts of United States Biofuel Policies: The Importance of Acreage, Yield, and Bilateral Trade Responses," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 91(4), pages 895-909.
- Hertel, Thomas & Hummels, David & Ivanic, Maros & Keeney, Roman, 2007.
"How confident can we be of CGE-based assessments of Free Trade Agreements?,"
Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 611-635, July.
- Hertel, Thomas W. & Hummels, David & Ivanic, Maros & Keeney, Roman, 2003. "How Confident Can We Be In Cge-Based Assessments Of Free Trade Agreements?," Working papers 28690, Purdue University, Center for Global Trade Analysis, Global Trade Analysis Project.
- Hertel, Thomas & David Hummels & Maros Ivanic & Roman Keeney, 2003. "How Confident Can We Be in CGE-Based Assessments of Free Trade Agreements?," GTAP Working Papers 1324, Center for Global Trade Analysis, Department of Agricultural Economics, Purdue University.
- Thomas Hertel & David Hummels & Maros Ivanic & Roman Keeney, 2004. "How Confident Can We Be in CGE-Based Assessments of Free Trade Agreements?," NBER Working Papers 10477, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ole Boysen, 2016.
"Food Demand Characteristics in Uganda: Estimation and Policy Relevance,"
South African Journal of Economics,
Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 84(2), pages 260-293, June.
- Ole Boysen, 2012. "A Food Demand System Estimation for Uganda," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp396, IIIS.
- Will Martin & Kym Anderson, 2006.
"Agricultural Trade Reform and the Doha Development Agenda,"
World Bank Publications,
The World Bank, number 6889, October.
- Kym Anderson & Will Martin, 2005. "Agricultural Trade Reform and the Doha Development Agenda," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(9), pages 1301-1327, September.
- Anderson, Kym & Martin, Will, 2005. "Agricultural trade reform and the Doha development agenda," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3607, The World Bank.
- Kym Anderson & Will Martin, 2005. "Agricultural Trade Reform and the Doha Development Agenda," Centre for International Economic Studies Working Papers 2005-17, University of Adelaide, Centre for International Economic Studies.
- Foster, James & Greer, Joel & Thorbecke, Erik, 1984. "A Class of Decomposable Poverty Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 761-766, May.
- Arvind Panagariya, 2005. "Agricultural Liberalisation and the Least Developed Countries: Six Fallacies," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(9), pages 1277-1299, September.
- repec:oup:revage:v:28:y:2006:i:2:p:168-194. is not listed on IDEAS
- David G. Blanchflower & Andrew Oswald, 1995. "International Wage Curves," NBER Chapters,in: Differences and Changes in Wage Structures, pages 145-174 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David G. Blanchflower & Andrew J. Oswald, 1995. "An Introduction to the Wage Curve," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(3), pages 153-167, Summer.
- Kym Anderson & Will Martin & Dominique van der Mensbrugghe, 2006.
"Distortions to World Trade: Impacts on Agricultural Markets and Farm Incomes,"
Review of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 28(2), pages 168-194.
- Kym Anderson & Will Martin & Dominique van der Mensbrugghe, 2006. "Distortions to World Trade: Impacts on Agricultural Markets and Farm Incomes," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 28(2), pages 168-194.
- Anderson, Kym & Martin, Will & van der Mensbrugghe, Dominique, 2005. "Distortions to world trade: impacts on agricultural markets and farm incomes," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3736, The World Bank.
- Brooks, Jonathan, 2014. "Policy coherence and food security: The effects of OECD countries’ agricultural policies," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 88-94.
- Catherine Costa & Michelle Osborne & Xiao-guang Zhang & Pierre Boulanger & Patrick Jomini, 2009. "Modelling the Effects of the EU Common Agricultural Policy," Staff Working Papers 0903, Productivity Commission, Government of Australia.
- Hertel, Thomas, 1997. "Global Trade Analysis: Modeling and applications," GTAP Books, Center for Global Trade Analysis, Department of Agricultural Economics, Purdue University, number 7685.
- Christophe Gouel & Maria Priscila Ramos, 2008. "American and European Agricultural Market Access: A Concern for The South?," La Lettre du CEPII, CEPII research center, issue 277.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Matthews, Alan & Salvatici, Luca & Scoppola, Margherita, 2017. "Trade Impacts of Agricultural Support in the EU," Commissioned Papers 252767, International Agricultural Trade Research Consortium.
- Lungu, Ioana, 2017. "Neocolonialism or Balanced Partnership? Reframing Agricultural Relations Between the EU and Africa," MPRA Paper 83112, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Wagener, Andreas & Zenker, Juliane, 2018. "Decoupled but not neutral: The effects of stochastic transfers on investment and incomes in rural Thailand," TVSEP Working Papers wp-008, Leibniz Universitaet Hannover, Institute of Development and Agricultural Economics, Project TVSEP.
- Linderhof, Vincent & Powell, Jeffrey & Vignes, Romain & Ruben, Ruerd, 2016. "The influence of household farming systems on dietary diversity and caloric intake: the case of Uganda," 2016 Fifth International Conference, September 23-26, 2016, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia 246444, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Gohin, Alexandre & Zheng, Yu, 2015. "Assessing the Market Impacts of the Common Agricultural Policy: Does Farmers’ Risk Attitude Matter?," 2015: Trade and Societal Well-Being, December 13-15, 2015, Clearwater Beach, Florida 229235, International Agricultural Trade Research Consortium.
- Alexandre Gohin & Yu Zheng, 2016. "Assessing the Market Impacts of the Common Agricultural Policy: Does Farmers' Risk Attitude Matter?," FOODSECURE Working papers 46, LEI Wageningen UR.
- Alan Matthews, 2015. "Impact of EU's agricultural and fisheries policies on the migration of third country nationals to the EU," Trinity Economics Papers tep0715, Trinity College Dublin, Department of Economics.
- repec:spr:ssefpa:v:10:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s12571-017-0752-5 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsUganda; Common Agricultural Policy; poverty; trade policy; domestic support; computable general equilibrium-microsimulation;
- D58 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Computable and Other Applied General Equilibrium Models
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- O10 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - General
- O55 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Africa
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iis:dispap:iiisdp452. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Maeve). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cetcdie.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.