The Brazilian Wage Curve: New Evidence from the National Household Survey
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Badi H. Baltagi & Bartlomiej Rokicki & Kênia Barreiro Souza, 2017. "The Brazilian wage curve: new evidence from the National Household Survey," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 53(1), pages 267-286, August.
References listed on IDEAS
- Konyalı, Gonca, 2012. "Wage Curve Evidence From Turkey’s 2007-2009 Income and Living Conditions Survey," INVESTIGACIONES REGIONALES - Journal of REGIONAL RESEARCH, Asociación Española de Ciencia Regional, issue 24, pages 199-210.
- Bertrand, Marianne, 2011. "New Perspectives on Gender," Handbook of Labor Economics, Elsevier.
- David G. Blanchflower & Andrew J. Oswald, 1995.
"The Wage Curve,"
MIT Press Books,
The MIT Press,
edition 1, volume 1, number 026202375x, March.
- Badi H. Baltagi & Yusuf Soner Baskaya & Timur Hulagu, 2013.
"How different are the wage curves for formal and informal workers? Evidence from Turkey,"
Papers in Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 92(2), pages 271-283, June.
- Badi H. Baltagi & Yusuf Soner Baskaya & Timur Hulagu, 2012. "How Different are the Wage Curves for Formal and Informal Workers? Evidence from Turkey," Working Papers 1216, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
- Baltagi, Badi H. & Baskaya, Yusuf Soner & Hulagu, Timur, 2012. "How Different Are the Wage Curves for Formal and Informal Workers? Evidence from Turkey," IZA Discussion Papers 6836, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Badi H. Baltagi & Yusuf Soner Baskaya & Timur Hulagu, 2012. "How Different Are the Wage Curves for Formal and Informal Workers? Evidence from Turkey," Center for Policy Research Working Papers 145, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- Badi H. Baltagi & Yusuf Soner Baskaya & Timur Hulagu, 2013. "How Different Are the Wage Curves for Formal and Informal Workers? Evidence from Turkey," Working Papers 754, Economic Research Forum, revised May 2013.
- Ramos, Raul & Duque, Juan C. & Surinach, Jordi, 2010.
"Is the wage curve formal or informal? Evidence for Colombia,"
Elsevier, vol. 109(2), pages 63-65, November.
- Raul Ramos & Juan Carlos Duque & Jordi Suriñach, 2009. "Is The Wage Curve Formal Or Informal? Evidence For Colombia," IREA Working Papers 200918, University of Barcelona, Research Institute of Applied Economics, revised Jul 2009.
- Ramos, Raul & Duque, Juan Carlos & Surinach, Jordi, 2009. "Is the Wage Curve Formal or Informal? Evidence for Colombia," IZA Discussion Papers 4461, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Luis Eduardo Arango & Nataly Obando & Carlos Esteban Posada, 2010.
"Sensibilidad de los salarios al desempleo regional en Colombia: nuevas estimaciones de la curva de salarios,"
BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA
006829, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Luis Eduardo Arango & Nataly Obando & Carlos Esteban Posada, 2010. "Sensibilidad de los salarios al desempleo regional en Colombia: nuevas estimaciones de la curva de salarios," Borradores de Economia 590, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Roberto Santolin & Mariângela Furlan Antigo, 2009. "Curvas de salários dinâmicas: um estudo dos determinantes da histerese do desemprego no Brasil," Textos para Discussão Cedeplar-UFMG td368, Cedeplar, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais.
- Peter Nijkamp & Jacques Poot, 2005. "The Last Word on the Wage Curve?," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(3), pages 421-450, July.
- Jacob A. Mincer, 1974. "Introduction to "Schooling, Experience, and Earnings"," NBER Chapters,in: Schooling, Experience, and Earnings, pages 1-4 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Arthur Simão Pereira Da Silva & Sandro Eduardo Monsueto, 2014. "Flexibilidade Do Mercado De Trabalho: Uma Análise Comparativa Entre Segmentos Socioeconômicos No Brasil(2002-2009)," Anais do XL Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 40th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 235, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- David Card, 1995. "The Wage Curve: A Review," Working Papers 722, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Marisa Carla Bucheli Anaya & Cecilia González Rodríguez-Villamil, 2012. "An estimation of the wage curve for Uruguay," REVISTA CUADERNOS DE ECONOMÍA, UN - RCE - CID, June.
- David Card, 1995. "The Wage Curve: A Review," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 33(2), pages 285-299, June.
- Wooldridge, Jeffrey M., 1995. "Selection corrections for panel data models under conditional mean independence assumptions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 115-132, July.
- David G. Blanchflower & Andrew Oswald, 1995. "International Wage Curves," NBER Chapters,in: Differences and Changes in Wage Structures, pages 145-174 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jacob A. Mincer, 1974. "Schooling, Experience, and Earnings," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number minc74-1, July.
- David G. Blanchflower & Andrew J. Oswald, 1995. "An Introduction to the Wage Curve," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(3), pages 153-167, Summer.
- Baltagi, Badi H. & Rokicki, Bartlomiej, 2014.
"The spatial Polish wage curve with gender effects: Evidence from the Polish Labor Survey,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 36-47.
- Badi Baltagi & Bartlomiej Rokicki, 2014. "The Spatial Polish Wage Curve with Gender Effects: Evidence from the Polish Labor Survey," Center for Policy Research Working Papers 171, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- Souza, Igor Viveiros de & Machado, Ana FlÃ¡via, 2004. "Curva de Rendimentos: uma AnÃ¡lise no Mercado de Trabalho Urbano e Rural no Brasil (1981/ 99)," Brazilian Journal of Rural Economy and Sociology (RESR), Sociedade Brasileira de Economia e Sociologia Rural, vol. 42(1), March.
- Janine Berg & Dante Contreras, 2004.
"Political-Economic Regime and the Wage Curve: Evidence from Chile, 1957-96,"
International Review of Applied Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(2), pages 151-165.
- Janine Berg & Dante Contreras, 2002. "Political-Economic Regime and the Wage Curve: Evidence from Chile, 1957-96," SCEPA working paper series. SCEPA's main areas of research are macroeconomic policy, inequality and poverty, and globalization. 2002-10, Schwartz Center for Economic Policy Analysis (SCEPA), The New School.
- Esteban Sanroma & Raul Ramos, 2005. "Further Evidence on Disaggregated Wage Curves: The Case of Spain," Australian Journal of Labour Economics (AJLE), Bankwest Curtin Economics Centre (BCEC), Curtin Business School, vol. 8(3), pages 227-243, September.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- repec:fth:prinin:343 is not listed on IDEAS
- Heather Boushey, 2002. "Reworking the Wage Curve: Exploring the consistency of the model across time, space and demographic group," Review of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(3), pages 293-311.
- Reis, Mauricio Cortez, 2006. "Os Impactos das Mudanças na Demanda por Trabalho Qualificado sobre o Desemprego por Nível de Qualificação durante os Anos Noventa no Brasil," Revista Brasileira de Economia - RBE, FGV/EPGE - Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil), vol. 60(3), February.
- Baltagi, Badi H. & Blien, Uwe, 1998. "The German wage curve: evidence from the IAB employment sample," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 135-142, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ana Barufi & Eduardo Haddad & Peter Nijkamp, 2016. "A comprehensive analysis of the wage curve in Brazil: Non-linearities, urban size, and the spatial dimension," ERSA conference papers ersa16p279, European Regional Science Association.
More about this item
Keywordswage curve; fixed effects; regional labor markets; household surveys; informal workers;
- C26 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Instrumental Variables (IV) Estimation
- J30 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - General
- J60 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-12-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-IUE-2014-12-03 (Informal & Underground Economics)
- NEP-LAB-2014-12-03 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-LAM-2014-12-03 (Central & South America)
- NEP-LTV-2014-12-03 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp8468. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.