Does shadow education help students prepare for college?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Eric P. Bettinger & Bridget Terry Long, 2009.
"Addressing the Needs of Underprepared Students in Higher Education: Does College Remediation Work?,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 44(3).
- Eric P. Bettinger & Bridget Terry Long, 2005. "Addressing the Needs of Under-Prepared Students in Higher Education: Does College Remediation Work?," NBER Working Papers 11325, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Schwerdt, Guido & Wuppermann, Amelie C., 2011.
"Is traditional teaching really all that bad? A within-student between-subject approach,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 365-379, April.
- Guido Schwerdt & Amelie C. Wuppermann, 2009. "Is Traditional Teaching really all that Bad? A Within-Student Between-Subject Approach," CESifo Working Paper Series 2634, CESifo Group Munich.
- Schwerdt, Guido & Wuppermann, Amelie C., 2011. "Is traditional teaching really all that bad? A within-student between-subject approach," Munich Reprints in Economics 19919, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Aysit Tansel & Fatma Bircan, 2005.
"Effect of Private Tutoring on University Entrance Examination Performance in Turkey,"
ERC Working Papers
0504, ERC - Economic Research Center, Middle East Technical University, revised Jun 2005.
- Tansel, Aysit & Bircan, Fatma, 2005. "Effect of Private Tutoring on University Entrance Examination Performance in Turkey," IZA Discussion Papers 1609, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Thomas S. Dee, 2005. "A Teacher Like Me: Does Race, Ethnicity, or Gender Matter?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 95(2), pages 158-165, May.
- Justine S. Hastings & Jeffrey M. Weinstein, 2008. "Information, School Choice, and Academic Achievement: Evidence from Two Experiments," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 123(4), pages 1373-1414.
- Kingdon, Geeta & Teal, Francis, 2010.
"Teacher unions, teacher pay and student performance in India: A pupil fixed effects approach,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 91(2), pages 278-288, March.
- Geeta Kingdon & Francis Teal, 2008. "Teacher Unions, Teacher Pay and Student Performance in India: A Pupil Fixed Effects Approach," CESifo Working Paper Series 2428, CESifo Group Munich.
- Dang, Hai-Anh, 2007. "The determinants and impact of private tutoring classes in Vietnam," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 683-698, December.
- Hai-Anh Dang & F. Halsey Rogers, 2008. "The Growing Phenomenon of Private Tutoring: Does It Deepen Human Capital, Widen Inequalities, or Waste Resources?," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 23(2), pages 161-200, April.
- Charles T. Clotfelter & Helen F. Ladd & Jacob L. Vigdor, 2010.
"Teacher Credentials and Student Achievement in High School: A Cross-Subject Analysis with Student Fixed Effects,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 45(3).
- Charles T. Clotfelter & Helen F. Ladd & Jacob L. Vigdor, 2007. "Teacher Credentials and Student Achievement in High School: A Cross-Subject Analysis with Student Fixed Effects," NBER Working Papers 13617, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ben B. Hansen, 2004. "Full Matching in an Observational Study of Coaching for the SAT," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 99, pages 609-618, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Prakhov, Ilya, 2015. "The dynamics of investment in pre-entry coaching and the returns from private tutoring among university applicants in Russia," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 37(1), pages 107-124.
More about this item
Keywordsshadow education; private tutoring; college access; inequality; causal methods;
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-02-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-CIS-2014-02-02 (Confederation of Independent States)
- NEP-CWA-2014-02-02 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-EDU-2014-02-02 (Education)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hig:wpaper:15edu2014. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamil Abdulaev) or (Victoria Elkina). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/hsecoru.html .