The dynamics of investment in pre-entry coaching and the returns from private tutoring among university applicants in Russia
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Tansel, AysIt & Bircan, Fatma, 2006. "Demand for education in Turkey: A tobit analysis of private tutoring expenditures," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 303-313, June.
- Bray, Mark & Kwok, Percy, 2003. "Demand for private supplementary tutoring: conceptual considerations, and socio-economic patterns in Hong Kong," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(6), pages 611-620, December.
- Prashant Loyalka & Andrey Zakharov, 2014. "Does shadow education help students prepare for college?," HSE Working papers WP BRP 15/EDU/2014, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- Maria Yudkevich & Ilya Prakhov, 2012. "Effect of Family Income on USE Performance and the Choice of University," Educational Studies, Higher School of Economics, issue 1, pages 126-147.
- Juliana Guimarães & Breno Sampaio, 2013. "Family background and students’ achievement on a university entrance exam in Brazil," Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(1), pages 38-59, February.
- Prakhov, Ilya, 2012. "The unified state examination and the determinants of academic achievement: Does investment in pre-entry coaching matter?," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 27(3), pages 86-108.
- Ilya Prakhov, 2014. "Effects of Investments in Preparation Courses on the USE Scores," Educational Studies, Higher School of Economics, issue 3, pages 74-99.
More about this item
Keywordsdynamics of investment in pre-entry coaching; effectiveness of pre-entry coaching; the USE; educational strategies of students;
- C31 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models; Quantile Regressions; Social Interaction Models
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
- I24 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Education and Inequality
- I28 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Government Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:apltrx:0260. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anatoly Peresetsky). General contact details of provider: http://appliedeconometrics.cemi.rssi.ru/ .