The influence of private tutoring on middle-class students’ use of in-class time in formal schools in Taiwan
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Tansel, AysIt & Bircan, Fatma, 2006. "Demand for education in Turkey: A tobit analysis of private tutoring expenditures," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 303-313, June.
- Aysit Tansel, 2013.
"Supplementary Education in Turkey: Recent Developments and Future Prospectss,"
Koç University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum Working Papers
1319, Koc University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum.
- Aysýt Tansel, 2013. "Supplementary Education in Turkey; Recent Developments and Future Prospects," Working Papers 2013/13, Turkish Economic Association.
- Tansel, Aysit, 2013. "Supplementary Education in Turkey: Recent Developments and Future Prospects," MPRA Paper 50213, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Aysit Tansel, 2013. "Supplementary Education in Turkey: Recent Developments and Future Prospects," ERC Working Papers 1310, ERC - Economic Research Center, Middle East Technical University, revised Sep 2013.
- Aysit Tansel, 2013. "Supplementary Education in Turkey: Recent Developments and Future Prospects," Working Papers 822, Economic Research Forum, revised Dec 2013.
- Bray, Mark & Kwok, Percy, 2003. "Demand for private supplementary tutoring: conceptual considerations, and socio-economic patterns in Hong Kong," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(6), pages 611-620, December.
- Roland Cheo & Euston Quah, 2005. "Mothers, Maids and Tutors: An Empirical Evaluation of their Effect on Children's Academic Grades in Singapore," Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(3), pages 269-285.
- Deockhyun Ryu & Changhui Kang, 2013. "Do Private Tutoring Expenditures Raise Academic Performance? Evidence from Middle School Students in South Korea," Asian Economic Journal, East Asian Economic Association, vol. 27(1), pages 59-83, March.
- Asankha Pallegedara, 2012.
"Demand for private tutoring in a free education country. The case of Sri Lanka,"
International Journal of Education Economics and Development, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 3(4), pages 375-393.
- Pallegedara, Asankha, 2011. "Demand for private tuition classes under the free education policy. Evidence based on Sri Lanka," MPRA Paper 31969, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Eric S. Lin & Yu-lung Lue, 2010. "The Causal Effect of the Cram Schooling Timing Decision on Math Scores," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 30(3), pages 2330-2345.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bhorkar, Shalini & Bray, Mark, 2018. "The expansion and roles of private tutoring in India: From supplementation to supplantation," International Journal of Educational Development, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 148-156.
- Bray, Mark & Kobakhidze, Magda Nutsa & Liu, Junyan & Zhang, Wei, 2016. "The internal dynamics of privatised public education: Fee-charging supplementary tutoring provided by teachers in Cambodia," International Journal of Educational Development, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 291-299.
- Liu, Junyan & Bray, Mark, 2020. "Private Subtractory Tutoring: The Negative Impact of Shadow Education on Public Schooling in Myanmar," International Journal of Educational Development, Elsevier, vol. 76(C).
- Yung, Kevin Wai-Ho, 2020. "Comparing the effectiveness of cram school tutors and schoolteachers: A critical analysis of students’ perceptions," International Journal of Educational Development, Elsevier, vol. 72(C).
- Suzani Mohamad Samuri & Bahbibi Rahmatullah & Norazilawati Abdullah & Aslina Ahmad & Zainiah Mohamed Isa & Hamsa Hammed, 2018. "Early Childhood Research Landscape on Children’s Profile: Coherent Taxonomy, Motivation, Open Challenges, Recommendations and, Pathways for Future Research," Child Indicators Research, Springer;The International Society of Child Indicators (ISCI), vol. 11(5), pages 1603-1630, October.
- Chih-Hao, Chang, 2019. "Effects of Private Tutoring on English Performance: Evidence from Senior High Students in Taiwan," International Journal of Educational Development, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 80-87.
More about this item
KeywordsPrivate tutoring; Shadow education; Time-stealing strategy; Double-context learning situation; Socioeconomic status;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:injoed:v:40:y:2015:i:c:p:1-8. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/international-journal-of-educational-development .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.