Does Private Tutoring Payoff?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Daniel Millimet & Rusty Tchernis, 2008.
"Minimizing Bias in Selection on Observables Estimators When Unconfoundness Fails,"
Caepr Working Papers
2008-008, Center for Applied Economics and Policy Research, Economics Department, Indiana University Bloomington.
- Millimet, Daniel L. & Tchernis, Rusty, 2008. "Minimizing Bias in Selection on Observables Estimators When Unconfoundness Fails," IZA Discussion Papers 3632, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Joseph G. Altonji & Todd E. Elder & Christopher R. Taber, 2005.
"Selection on Observed and Unobserved Variables: Assessing the Effectiveness of Catholic Schools,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 113(1), pages 151-184, February.
- Joseph G. Altonji & Todd E. Elder & Christopher R. Taber, 2000. "Selection on Observed and Unobserved Variables: Assessing the Effectiveness of Catholic Schools," NBER Working Papers 7831, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Aysit Tansel & Fatma Bircan, 2007.
"Private Supplementary Tutoring in Turkey Recent Evidence on Its Various Aspects,"
2008/9, Turkish Economic Association.
- Aysit Tansel & Fatma Bircan, 2008. "Private Supplementary Tutoring in Turkey Recent Evidence on Its Various Aspects," ERC Working Papers 0802, ERC - Economic Research Center, Middle East Technical University, revised Apr 2008.
- Tansel, Aysit & Bircan, Fatma, 2008. "Private Supplementary Tutoring in Turkey: Recent Evidence on Its Various Aspects," IZA Discussion Papers 3471, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Aysit Tansel & Fatma Bircan, 2008. "Private Supplementary Tutoring in Turkey Recent Evidence on Its Various Aspects," Working Papers 451, Economic Research Forum, revised 09 Jan 2008.
- Tansel, AysIt & Bircan, Fatma, 2006. "Demand for education in Turkey: A tobit analysis of private tutoring expenditures," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 303-313, June.
- Dang, Hai-Anh & Rogers, F. Halsey, 2008. "How to interpret the growing phenomenon of private tutoring : human capital deepening, inequality increasing, or waste of resources ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4530, The World Bank.
- Ferraro, Paul J. & McIntosh, Craig & Ospina, Monica, 2007. "The effectiveness of the US endangered species act: An econometric analysis using matching methods," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 54(3), pages 245-261, November.
- Black, Dan A. & Smith, J.A.Jeffrey A., 2004.
"How robust is the evidence on the effects of college quality? Evidence from matching,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 121(1-2), pages 99-124.
- Dan A. Black & Jeffrey Smith, 2003. "How Robust is the Evidence on the Effects of College Quality? Evidence From Matching," University of Western Ontario, Centre for Human Capital and Productivity (CHCP) Working Papers 20033, University of Western Ontario, Centre for Human Capital and Productivity (CHCP).
- Aysit Tansel & Fatma Bircan, 2005.
"Effect of Private Tutoring on University Entrance Examination Performance in Turkey,"
ERC Working Papers
0504, ERC - Economic Research Center, Middle East Technical University, revised Jun 2005.
- Tansel, Aysit & Bircan, Fatma, 2005. "Effect of Private Tutoring on University Entrance Examination Performance in Turkey," IZA Discussion Papers 1609, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Joseph G. Altonji & Todd E. Elder & Christopher R. Taber, 2008. "Using Selection on Observed Variables to Assess Bias from Unobservables When Evaluating Swan-Ganz Catheterization," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 98(2), pages 345-350, May.
- Changhui Kang, 2007. "Does Money Matter? The Effect of Private Educational Expenditures on Academic Performance," Departmental Working Papers wp0704, National University of Singapore, Department of Economics.
- Dang, Hai-Anh, 2007. "The determinants and impact of private tutoring classes in Vietnam," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 683-698, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bisma Haseeb Khan & Sahar Amjad Shaikh, 2013. "Analyzing the Market for Shadow Education in Pakistan: Does Private Tuition Affect the Learning Gap between Private and Public Schools?," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 18(Special E), pages 129-160, September.
- Ian K. McDonough & Constant I. Tra, 2017. "The impact of computer-based tutorials on high school math proficiency," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 52(3), pages 1041-1063, May.
More about this item
Keywordstutoring; Turkey; tertiary education; program evaluation;
- C31 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models; Quantile Regressions; Social Interaction Models
- H51 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Government Expenditures and Health
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-08-31 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2008-08-31 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-EDU-2008-08-31 (Education)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp3637. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.