Report NEP-EDU-2008-08-31This is the archive for NEP-EDU, a report on new working papers in the area of Education. Joao Carlos Correia Leitao issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Ofer Malamud & Cristian Pop-Eleches, 2008. "School Tracking and Access to Higher Education Among Disadvantaged Groups," Working Papers 0810, Harris School of Public Policy Studies, University of Chicago.
- Leino, Topias, 2008. "Education - A Job Market Signal?," Discussion Papers 1147, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Ofer Malamud, 2007. "Breadth vs. Depth: The Timing of Specialization in Higher Education," Working Papers 0808, Harris School of Public Policy Studies, University of Chicago.
- Michael Coelli & Roger Wilkins, 2008. "Credential Changes and Education Earnings Premia in Australia," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2008n11, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Ofer Malamud & Abigail Wozniak, 2008. "The Impact of College Graduation on Geographic Mobility: Identifying Education Using Multiple Components of Vietnam Draft Risk," Working Papers 0811, Harris School of Public Policy Studies, University of Chicago.
- Coneus, Katja & Gernandt, Johannes & Saam, Marianne, 2008. "Noncognitive Skills, Internet Use and Educational Dropout," ZEW Discussion Papers 08-044, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Ofer Malamud & Cristian Pop-Eleches, 2008. "General Education vs. Vocational Training: Evidence from an Economy in Transition," Working Papers 0807, Harris School of Public Policy Studies, University of Chicago.
- D Mayston & J Yang, 2008. "A Pecking Order Analysis of Graduate Overeducation and Educational Investment in China," Discussion Papers 08/25, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Melissa Clark & Jesse Rothstein & Diane Whitmore Schanzenbach, 2008. "Selection Bias in College Admissions Test Scores," NBER Working Papers 14265, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Anne-Marie Brook, 2008. "Raising Education Achievement and Breaking the Cycle of Inequality in the United Kingdom," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 633, OECD Publishing.
- Marco Manacorda, 2008. "The Cost of Grade Retention," CEP Discussion Papers dp0878, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Gurun, Ayfer & Millimet, Daniel L., 2008. "Does Private Tutoring Payoff?," IZA Discussion Papers 3637, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Amuedo-Dorantes, Catalina & Georges, Annie & Pozo, Susan, 2008. "Migration, Remittances and Children’s Schooling in Haiti," IZA Discussion Papers 3657, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Jason M. Lindo & Nicholas J. Sanders & Philip Oreopoulos, 2008. "Ability, Gender, and Performance Standards: Evidence from Academic Probation," NBER Working Papers 14261, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sanromá, Esteban & Ramos, Raul & Simón, Hipólito, 2008. "The Portability of Human Capital and Immigrant Assimilation: Evidence for Spain," IZA Discussion Papers 3649, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Tétard, Franck & Patokorpi, Erkki & Carlsson, Joanna, 2008. "A Conceptual Framework for Mobile Learning," Working Papers 464, IAMSR, Åbo Akademi.
- Annette Scheunpflug & Ida McDonnell, 2008. "Building Public Awareness of Development: Communicators, Educators and Evaluation," OECD Development Centre Policy Briefs 35, OECD Publishing.
- Sarah Brown & Steve McIntosh & Karl Taylor, 2007. "Following in your parents' footsteps? Empirical Analysis of Matched Parent-Offspring Test Scores," Working Papers 2007017, The University of Sheffield, Department of Economics, revised Dec 2007.