Spin-offs: Why geography matters
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Eriksson, Tor & Moritz Kuhn, Johan, 2006.
"Firm spin-offs in Denmark 1981-2000 -- patterns of entry and exit,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 24(5), pages 1021-1040, September.
- Eriksson, Tor & Kuhn, Johan Moritz, 2004. "Firm Spin-offs in Denmark 1981-2000 - Patterns of Entry and Exit," Working Papers 04-6, University of Aarhus, Aarhus School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Martin Andersson & Pontus Braunerhjelm & Per Thulin, 2012.
"Creative destruction and productivity: entrepreneurship by type, sector and sequence,"
Journal of Entrepreneurship and Public Policy,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 1(2), pages 125-146, October.
- Andersson, Martin & Braunerhjelm, Pontus & Thulin, Per, 2011. "Creative Destruction and Productivity – entrepreneurship by type, sector and sequence," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 256, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Andersson, Martin & Braunerhjelm, Pontus & Thulin, Per, 2011. "Creative Destruction and Productivity – Entrepreneurship by type, sector and sequence," Working Papers 2011:8, Swedish Entrepreneurship Forum.
- Ron A. Boschma & Rik Wenting, 2007. "The spatial evolution of the British automobile industry: Does location matter?," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 16(2), pages 213-238, April.
- Martin Andersson & Steven Klepper, 2013.
"Characteristics and performance of new firms and spinoffs in Sweden,"
Industrial and Corporate Change,
Oxford University Press, vol. 22(1), pages 245-280, February.
- Andersson, Martin & Klepper, Steven, 2012. "Characteristics and Performance of New Firms and Spinoffs in Sweden," Working Paper Series 902, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Andersson, Martin & Klepper, Steven, 2012. "Characteristics and Performance of New Firms and Spinoffs in Sweden," Working Papers 2012:14, Swedish Entrepreneurship Forum.
- Andersson, Martin & Klepper, Steven, 2012. "Characteristics and Performance of New Firms and Spinoffs in Sweden," Papers in Innovation Studies 2012/4, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation, Research and Competences in the Learning Economy.
- Buenstorf, Guido & Klepper, Steven, 2010. "Why does entry cluster geographically? Evidence from the US tire industry," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 103-114, September.
- Guido Buenstorf & Steven Klepper, 2010.
"Submarket dynamics and innovation: the case of the US tire industry,"
Industrial and Corporate Change,
Oxford University Press, vol. 19(5), pages 1563-1587, October.
- Guido Buenstorf & Steven Klepper, 2009. "Submarket Dynamics and Innovation: The Case of the U.S. Tire Industry," Papers on Economics and Evolution 2009-15, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
- Berglann, Helge & Moen, Espen R. & Røed, Knut & Skogstrøm, Jens Fredrik, 2011.
"Entrepreneurship: Origins and returns,"
Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 180-193, April.
- Berglann, Helge & Moen, Espen R & Roed, Knut & Skogstrøm, Jens Fredrik, 2009. "Entrepreneurship: Origins and Returns," CEPR Discussion Papers 7360, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Berglann, Helge & Moen, Espen R. & Røed, Knut & Skogstrøm, Jens Fredrik, 2009. "Entrepreneurship: Origins and Returns," IZA Discussion Papers 4250, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Simon Cheng & J. Scott Long, 2007. "Testing for IIA in the Multinomial Logit Model," Sociological Methods & Research, , vol. 35(4), pages 583-600, May.
- Beaudry, Catherine & Schiffauerova, Andrea, 2009. "Who's right, Marshall or Jacobs? The localization versus urbanization debate," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 318-337, March.
- Daniel W. Elfenbein & Barton H. Hamilton & Todd R. Zenger, 2010. "The Small Firm Effect and the Entrepreneurial Spawning of Scientists and Engineers," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 56(4), pages 659-681, April.
- Audretsch, David B & Feldman, Maryann P, 1996. "R&D Spillovers and the Geography of Innovation and Production," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(3), pages 630-640, June.
- Falck, Oliver & Gold, Robert & Heblich, Stephan, . "Entrepreneurship education," Chapters in Economics, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Anton, James J & Yao, Dennis A, 1995. "Start-ups, Spin-offs, and Internal Projects," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 11(2), pages 362-378, October.
- Dunn, Thomas & Holtz-Eakin, Douglas, 2000. "Financial Capital, Human Capital, and the Transition to Self-Employment: Evidence from Intergenerational Links," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 18(2), pages 282-305, April.
- G. M. Peter Swann & Rui Baptista, 1999. "A comparison of clustering dynamics in the US and UK computer industries," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 9(3), pages 373-399.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pontus Braunerhjelm & Ding Ding & Per Thulin, 2016.
"Labour as a knowledge carrier: how increased mobility influences entrepreneurship,"
The Journal of Technology Transfer,
Springer, vol. 41(6), pages 1308-1326, December.
- Braunerhjelm, Pontus & Ding, Ding & Thulin, Per, 2015. "Labour as a knowledge carrier – How increased mobility influences entrepreneurship," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 422, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Andrea Morrison, 2018. "Spinoffs, parents, and institutions: Evidence from the Italian motorcycle industry," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 1840, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Nov 2018.
More about this item
KeywordsRegions; spin-offs; industries;
- D01 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Microeconomic Behavior: Underlying Principles
- L26 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Entrepreneurship
- R10 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CSE-2015-01-19 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-ENT-2015-01-19 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-GEO-2015-01-19 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-SBM-2015-01-19 (Small Business Management)
- NEP-URE-2015-01-19 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:cesisp:0389. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vardan Hovsepyan). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cekthse.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.