Die reformierte Gründungsförderung für Arbeitslose: Chancen und Risiken
Support schemes for unemployed aiming for self-employment have been recently reformed several times. In 2003, the "start-up-subsidy" was added to the existing "bridging-allowance". In 2006 both instruments were merged to the "Gründungszuschuss". Since the bridging allowance has been evaluated as effective and efficient and the start-up-subsidy reached new target groups, the latest reform shows several short-comings. The design of the Gründungszuschuss is suboptimal, leading to efficiency losses if its participants act rational. It will also be less effective when compared to the two old programs. Overall, the recent dynamic development of new businesses will slow down more than necessary.
|Date of creation:||2007|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Kufsteinerstr. 7, 10825 Berlin|
Web page: http://www.gfa-kritikos.de/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Marco Caliendo & Viktor Steiner, 2007. "Ich-AG und Überbrückungsgeld: neue Ergebnisse bestätigen Erfolg," DIW Wochenbericht, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 74(3), pages 25-32.
- Hans J. Baumgartner & Marco Caliendo & Viktor Steiner, 2006. "Existenzgründungsförderung für Arbeitslose: erste Evaluationsergebnisse für Deutschland," Vierteljahrshefte zur Wirtschaftsforschung / Quarterly Journal of Economic Research, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 75(3), pages 32-48.
- Eichhorst, Werner & Zimmermann, Klaus F, 2007.
"And Then There Were Four... How Many (and Which) Measures of Active Labour Market Policy Do We Still Need?,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
6246, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Werner Eichhorst & Klaus F. Zimmermann, 2007. "And Then There Were Four...How Many (and Which) Measures of Active Labor Market Policy Do We Still Need?," Applied Economics Quarterly (formerly: Konjunkturpolitik), Duncker & Humblot, Berlin, vol. 53(3), pages 243-272.
- Pfeiffer, Friedhelm & Reize, Frank, 2000.
"Business start-ups by the unemployed -- an econometric analysis based on firm data,"
Elsevier, vol. 7(5), pages 629-663, September.
- Pfeiffer, Friedhelm & Reize, Frank, 1998. "Business Start-ups by the Unemployed - an Econometric Analysis Based on Firm Data," ZEW Discussion Papers 98-38, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Enrico Santarelli & Marco Vivarelli, 2007.
"Entrepreneurship and the process of firms’ entry, survival and growth,"
Industrial and Corporate Change,
Oxford University Press, vol. 16(3), pages 455-488, June.
- Santarelli, Enrico & Vivarelli, Marco, 2006. "Entrepreneurship and the Process of Firms’ Entry, Survival and Growth," IZA Discussion Papers 2475, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Eichhorst, Werner & Zimmermann, Klaus F., 2007. "Dann waren's nur noch vier… Wie viele (und welche) Maßnahmen der aktiven Arbeitsmarktpolitik brauchen wir noch? Eine Bilanz nach der Evaluation der Hartz-Reformen," IZA Discussion Papers 2605, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Michael Fritsch & Antje Weyh, 2006. "How Large are the Direct Employment Effects of New Businesses? An Empirical Investigation for West Germany," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 27(2), pages 245-260, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gfa:wpaper:0009. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Plakatfarbe)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.