Monetary Policy Uncertainty
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Paul C. Tetlock & Maytal Saar‐Tsechansky & Sofus Macskassy, 2008. "More Than Words: Quantifying Language to Measure Firms' Fundamentals," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 63(3), pages 1437-1467, June.
- Joshua D. Angrist & Alan B. Krueger, 2001.
"Instrumental Variables and the Search for Identification: From Supply and Demand to Natural Experiments,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 15(4), pages 69-85, Fall.
- Joshua Angrist & Alan B. Krueger, 2001. "Instrumental Variables and the Search for Identification: From Supply and Demand to Natural Experiments," NBER Working Papers 8456, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joshua D. Angrist & Alan B. Krueger, 2001. "Instrumental Variables and the Search for Identification: From Supply and Demand to Natural Experiments," Working Papers 834, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Shoag, Daniel & Veuger, Stan, 2016.
"Uncertainty and the geography of the great recession,"
Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 84(C), pages 84-93.
- Stan Veuger & Daniel Shoag, 2013. "Uncertainty and the geography of the Great Recession," AEI Economics Working Papers 694, American Enterprise Institute.
- Shoag, Daniel & Veuger, Stan, 2015. "Uncertainty and the Geography of the Great Recession," Working Paper Series rwp15-014, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Miguel Acosta & Ellen E. Meade, 2015. "Hanging on Every Word : Semantic Analysis of the FOMC's Postmeeting Statement," FEDS Notes 2015-09-30, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Miguel Acosta, 2015. "FOMC Responses to Calls for Transparency," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2015-60, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Azzimonti, Marina, 2018. "Partisan conflict and private investment," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 114-131.
- James H. Stock & Mark W. Watson, 2012. "Disentangling the Channels of the 2007-09 Recession," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 43(1 (Spring), pages 81-156.
- Elizabeth Demers & Clara Vega, 2008.
"Soft information in earnings announcements: news or noise?,"
International Finance Discussion Papers
951, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), revised 2008.
- Elizabeth Demers & Clara Vega, 2009. "Soft Information in Earnings Announcements: News or Noise?," 2009 Meeting Papers 80, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Yıldız Akkaya & Refet S. Gürkaynak & Burçin Kısacıkoğlu & Jonathan H. Wright, 2015. "Forward Guidance and Asset Prices," IMES Discussion Paper Series 15-E-06, Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan.
- Emi Nakamura & Dmitriy Sergeyev & Jón Steinsson, 2017.
"Growth-Rate and Uncertainty Shocks in Consumption: Cross-Country Evidence,"
American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 9(1), pages 1-39, January.
- Emi Nakamura & Dmitriy Sergeyev & Jón Steinsson, 2012. "Growth-Rate and Uncertainty Shocks in Consumption: Cross-Country Evidence," NBER Working Papers 18128, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joshua Angrist & Alan Krueger, 2001. "Instrumental Variables and the Search for Identification: From Supply and Demand to Natural Experiments," Working Papers 834, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Glenn D. Rudebusch, 2001.
"Is The Fed Too Timid? Monetary Policy In An Uncertain World,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 83(2), pages 203-217, May.
- Glenn D. Rudebusch, 1999. "Is the Fed too timid? Monetary policy in an uncertain world," Working Papers in Applied Economic Theory 99-05, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, revised 1999.
- William R. Emmons & Aeimit K. Lakdawala & Christopher J. Neely, 2006. "What are the odds? option-based forecasts of FOMC target changes," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, vol. 88(Nov), pages 543-562.
- Tim Loughran & Bill Mcdonald, 2011. "When Is a Liability Not a Liability? Textual Analysis, Dictionaries, and 10‐Ks," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 66(1), pages 35-65, February.
- repec:fth:prinin:455 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mei, Dexiang & Zeng, Qing & Cao, Xiang & Diao, Xiaohua, 2019. "Uncertainty and oil volatility: New evidence," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 525(C), pages 155-163.
- Saltzman, Bennett & Yung, Julieta, 2018. "A machine learning approach to identifying different types of uncertainty," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 171(C), pages 58-62.
- Dong, Xiyong & Yoon, Seong-Min, 2019. "What global economic factors drive emerging Asian stock market returns? Evidence from a dynamic model averaging approach," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 204-215.
- Yifei Cai, 2018. "Predictive Power of us Monetary Policy Uncertainty Shock on Stock Returns in Australia and New Zealand," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 57(4), pages 470-488, December.
More about this item
KeywordsMonetary policy uncertainty; VAR identification; FOMC communication;
- E40 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - General
- E50 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CBA-2017-10-29 (Central Banking)
- NEP-MAC-2017-10-29 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2017-10-29 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedgif:1215. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbgvus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.