Arbitrage, liquidity and exit: the repo and federal funds markets before, during, and emerging from the financial crisis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Niall Coffey & Warren B. Hrung & Asani Sarkar, 2009. "Capital constraints, counterparty risk, and deviations from covered interest rate parity," Staff Reports 393, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Scott Happ, 1986. "The Behavior of Rates on Federal Funds and Repurchase Agreements," The American Economist, Sage Publications, vol. 30(2), pages 22-32, October.
- Thornton, Daniel L., 2005.
"Tests of the expectations hypothesis: Resolving the anomalies when the short-term rate is the federal funds rate,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 29(10), pages 2541-2556, October.
- Daniel L. Thornton, 2004. "Tests of the expectations hypothesis: resolving the anomalies when the short-term rate is the federal funds rate," Working Papers 2000-003, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Leonardo Bartolini & Spence Hilton & Suresh Sundaresan & Christopher Tonetti, 2011. "Collateral Values by Asset Class: Evidence from Primary Securities Dealers," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 24(1), pages 248-278.
- Milton Friedman & Anna J. Schwartz, 1963. "A Monetary History of the United States, 1867–1960," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number frie63-1.
- Michael J. Fleming & Warren B. Hrung & Frank M. Keane, 2010.
"Repo Market Effects of the Term Securities Lending Facility,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 100(2), pages 591-596, May.
- Michael J. Fleming & Warren B. Hrung & Frank M. Keane, 2010. "Repo market effects of the Term Securities Lending Facility," Staff Reports 426, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Michael J. Fleming & Kenneth D. Garbade, 2005. "Explaining settlement fails," Current Issues in Economics and Finance, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, vol. 11(Sep).
- Mark Fisher, 2002. "Special repo rates: an introduction," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, issue Q2, pages 27-43.
- Johansen, Soren, 1995. "Identifying restrictions of linear equations with applications to simultaneous equations and cointegration," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 111-132, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yoldas, Emre & Senyuz, Zeynep, 2015. "Financial Stress and Equilibrium Dynamics in Money Markets," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2015-91, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Abbassi, Puriya & Bräuning, Falk & Schulze, Niels, 2017. "Bargaining power and outside options in the interbank lending market," Discussion Papers 31/2017, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Yuriy Kitsul & Marcelo Ochoa, 2016. "Funding Liquidity Risk and the Cross-section of MBS Returns," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2016-052, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Christian Bredemeier & Falko Juessen & Andreas Schabert, 2015.
"Fiscal policy, interest rate spreads,and the zero lower bound,"
Working Paper Series in Economics
80, University of Cologne, Department of Economics.
- Bredemeier, Christian & Juessen, Falko & Schabert, Andreas, 2015. "Fiscal Policy, Interest Rate Spreads, and the Zero Lower Bound," IZA Discussion Papers 8993, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Elizabeth C. Klee & Zeynep Senyuz & Emre Yoldas, 2016. "Effects of Changing Monetary and Regulatory Policy on Overnight Money Markets," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2016-084, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Cociuba, Simona E. & Shukayev, Malik & Ueberfeldt, Alexander, 2016.
"Collateralized borrowing and risk taking at low interest rates,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 62-83.
- Simona E. Cociuba & Malik Shukayev & Alexander Ueberfeldt, 2012. "Collateralized Borrowing and Risk Taking at Low Interest Rates?," University of Western Ontario, Economic Policy Research Institute Working Papers 20121, University of Western Ontario, Economic Policy Research Institute.
- Cociuba, Simona & Shukayev, Malik & Ueberfeldt, Alexander, 2016. "Collateralized Borrowing and Risk Taking at Low Interest Rates," Working Papers 2016-2, University of Alberta, Department of Economics.
- N. K. Kishor & H. A. Marfatia, 2013. "Does federal funds futures rate contain information about the treasury bill rate?," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(16), pages 1311-1324, August.
- Jaime R. Marquez & Ari Morse & Bernd Schlusche, 2012. "The Federal Reserve's balance sheet and overnight interest rates," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2012-66, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Simona Cociuba & Malik Shukayev & Alexander Ueberfeldt, 2013. "Interest Rate Policy and Financial Regulation: How to Control Excessive Risk Taking?," 2013 Meeting Papers 584, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- International Monetary Fund, 2013. "United States; Selected Issues," IMF Staff Country Reports 13/237, International Monetary Fund.
- Christian Bredemeier & Christoph Kaufmann & Andreas Schabert, 2017. "Interest Rate Spreads and Forward Guidance," Working Paper Series in Economics 96, University of Cologne, Department of Economics.
- Linnemann, Ludger & Schabert, Andreas, 2015. "Liquidity premia and interest rate parity," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 97(1), pages 178-192.
- Christian Bredemeier & Falko Juessen & Andreas Schabert, 2017. "Fiscal Multipliers and Monetary Policy: Reconciling Theory and Evidence," Working Paper Series in Economics 95, University of Cologne, Department of Economics.
- Fukunaga, Ichiro & Kato, Naoya, 2016.
"Japanese repo and call markets before, during, and emerging from the financial crisis,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies,
Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 17-34.
- Ichiro Fukunaga & Naoya Kato, 2014. "Japanese Repo and Call Markets Before, During, and Emerging from the Financial Crisis," IMES Discussion Paper Series 14-E-15, Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan.
- Anne-Marie Rieu-Foucault, 2017. "Point sur la fourniture de liquidiÃ© publique," EconomiX Working Papers 2017-27, University of Paris Nanterre, EconomiX.
- repec:spr:jecfin:v:41:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s12197-016-9380-8 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-05-15 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2012-05-15 (Central Banking)
- NEP-FMK-2012-05-15 (Financial Markets)
- NEP-MON-2012-05-15 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedgfe:2012-21. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Franz Osorio). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbgvus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.