A computational model of banks' optimal reserve management policy
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Griffiths, Mark D. & Winters, Drew B., 1995. "Day-of-the-week effects in federal funds rates: Further empirical findings," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(7), pages 1265-1284, October.
- William Poole, 1968. "Commercial Bank Reserve Management In A Stochastic Model: Implications For Monetary Policy," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 23(5), pages 769-791, December.
- Clouse, James A. & Dow Jr., James P., 1999. "Fixed costs and the behavior of the federal funds rate," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(7), pages 1015-1029, July.
- Hamilton, James D, 1996. "The Daily Market for Federal Funds," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 104(1), pages 26-56, February.
- Mark D. Griffiths & Drew B. Winters, 1997. "The Effect of Federal Reserve Accounting Rules on the Equilibrium Level of Overnight Repo Rates," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(6), pages 815-832.
- Craig Furfine, 1998. "Interbank payments and the daily federal funds rate," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1998-31, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Kevin Clinton, 1997. "Implementation of Monetary Policy in a Regime with Zero Reserve Requirements," Staff Working Papers 97-8, Bank of Canada.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Leonardo Bartolini & Alessandro Prati, 2003.
"The execution of monetary policy: a tale of two central banks,"
CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 18(37), pages 435-467, October.
- Leonardo Bartolini & Alessandro Prati, 2003. "The execution of monetary policy: a tale of two central banks," Staff Reports 165, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Güntner, Jochen H.F., 2015.
"The federal funds market, excess reserves, and unconventional monetary policy,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 225-250.
- Jochen Güntner, 2013. "The federal funds market, excess reserves, and unconventional monetary policy," Economics working papers 2013-12, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Daniel L. Thornton, 2006. "The daily liquidity effect," Working Papers 2006-020, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Huberto M. Ennis & Todd Keister, 2008. "Understanding monetary policy implementation," Economic Quarterly, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Sum, pages 235-263.
- Kempa, Michal, 2007. "What determines commercial banks' demand for reserves in the interbank market?," Research Discussion Papers 30/2007, Bank of Finland.
- Ringbom, Staffan & Shy, Oz & Stenbacka, Rune, 2004. "Optimal liquidity management and bail-out policy in the banking industry," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(6), pages 1319-1335, June.
- Bech, Morten & Keister, Todd, 2017.
"Liquidity regulation and the implementation of monetary policy,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 64-77.
- Morten L. Bech & Todd Keister, 2013. "Liquidity regulation and the implementation of monetary policy," BIS Working Papers 432, Bank for International Settlements.
- Morten L. Bech & Todd Keister, 2013. "Liquidity regulation and the implementation of monetary policy," Departmental Working Papers 201325, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Vladimir Kotomin & Drew Winters, 2006. "Quarter-End Effects in Banks: Preferred Habitat or Window Dressing?," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 29(1), pages 61-82, February.
- Andrievskaya & Semenova, 2015. "Market Discipline in the Interbank Market: Evidence from Russia," Eastern European Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 53(2), pages 69-98, March.
- Bartolini, Leonardo & Prati, Alessandro, 2006.
"Cross-country differences in monetary policy execution and money market rates' volatility,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 349-376, February.
- Leonardo Bartolini & Alessandro Prati, 2003. "Cross-country differences in monetary policy execution and money market rates' volatility," Staff Reports 175, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- repec:mes:eaeuec:v:53:y:2015:i:2:p:69-98 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ozgur (Ozzy) Akay & Mark D. Griffiths & Drew B. Winters, 2010. "On The Robustness Of Range-Based Volatility Estimators," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 33(2), pages 179-199.
- Christiano Arrigoni Coelho & Julio Cesar Costa Pinto, 2004. "Modelagem Do Comportamento Ótimo Dos Bancos No Mercado De Reservas Brasileiro," Anais do XXXII Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 32th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 032, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Dressler, Scott J. & Kersting, Erasmus K., 2015.
"Excess reserves and economic activity,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 17-31.
- Scott J. Dressler & Erasmus Kersting, 2013. "Excess Reserves and Economic Activity," Villanova School of Business Department of Economics and Statistics Working Paper Series 24, Villanova School of Business Department of Economics and Statistics.
- Milton H. Marquis, 2002. "Setting the interest rate," FRBSF Economic Letter, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue oct11.
- Suresh K. Nair & Richard G. Anderson, 2005. "A specialized inventory problem in banks: optimizing retail sweeps," Working Papers 2005-023, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Selvaretnam, Geethanjali, 2005. "Optimal Reserves and Short Term Interest Rates in a Model of Bank Runs," Economics Discussion Papers 8897, University of Essex, Department of Economics.
- Thomas B. King, 2003. "Discipline and liquidity in the market for federal funds," Supervisory Policy Analysis Working Papers 2003-02, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Ruth Judson & Elizabeth C. Klee, 2009. "A study of U.S. monetary policy implementation: demand for reserves on a period average basis," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2009-22, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Todd Keister & Antoine Martin & James J. McAndrews, 2008. "Divorcing money from monetary policy," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Sep, pages 41-56.
- Geethanjali Selvaretnam, 2007. "Regulation of Reserves and Interest Rates in a Model of Bank Runs," CDMA Working Paper Series 200714, Centre for Dynamic Macroeconomic Analysis.
- Ruth Judson & Elizabeth C. Klee, 2009. "Whither the liquidity effect: the impact of Federal Reserve Open Market Operations in recent years," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2009-25, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Andrievskaya, Irina & Semenova, Maria, 2013. "Market discipline and the Russian interbank market," BOFIT Discussion Papers 29/2013, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Ulrike Neyer & Jürgen Wiemers, 2004. "The Influence of a Heterogeneous Banking Sector on the Interbank Market Rate in the Euro Area," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 140(III), pages 395-428, September.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:dyncon:v:26:y:2002:i:11:p:1787-1814. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jedc .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.