Monetary Policy with Abundant Liquidity: A New Operating Framework for the Fed
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Seth Carpenter & Selva Demiralp, 2008. "The Liquidity Effect in the Federal Funds Market: Evidence at the Monthly Frequency," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 40(1), pages 1-24, February.
- Joseph Gagnon & Matthew Raskin & Julie Remache & Brian Sack, 2011. "The Financial Market Effects of the Federal Reserve's Large-Scale Asset Purchases," International Journal of Central Banking, International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 7(1), pages 3-43, March.
- Todd Keister & Antoine Martin & James J. McAndrews, 2008. "Divorcing money from monetary policy," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Sep, pages 41-56.
- George A. Kahn, 2010. "Monetary policy under a corridor operating framework," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Q IV, pages 5-34.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Reverse Repo Risks
by Steve Cecchetti and Kim Schoenholtz in Money, Banking and Financial Markets on 2014-06-26 17:32:41
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- christiaan Pattipeilohy, 2016. "A comparative analysis of developments in central bank balance sheet composition," BIS Working Papers 559, Bank for International Settlements.
- Jean-Pierre Landau, 2016. "A liquidity-based approach to macroprudential policy," BIS Papers chapters,in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Macroprudential policy, volume 86, pages 147-156 Bank for International Settlements.
- Frost, Joshua & Logan, Lorie & Martin, Antoine & McCabe, Patrick E. & Natalucci, Fabio M. & Remache, Julie, 2015.
"Overnight RRP Operations as a Monetary Policy Tool: Some Design Considerations,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
2015-10, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Frost, Joshua & Logan, Lorie & Martin, Antoine & McCabe, Patrick E. & Natalucci, Fabio M. & Remache, Julie, 2015. "Overnight RRP operations as a monetary policy tool: some design considerations," Staff Reports 712, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Marcelo Rezende & Mary-Frances Styczynski & Cindy M. Vojtech, 2016. "The Effects of Liquidity Regulation on Bank Demand in Monetary Policy Operations," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2016-090, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Keister, Todd & Martin, Antoine & McAndrews, James J., 2015. "Floor systems and the Friedman rule: the fiscal arithmetic of open market operations," Staff Reports 754, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Tamim Bayoumi & Giovanni Dell'Ariccia & Karl F Habermeier & Tommaso Mancini Griffoli & Fabian Valencia, 2014. "Monetary Policy in the New Normal," IMF Staff Discussion Notes 14/3, International Monetary Fund.
- Naim Cordemans & Ide Stefaan, 2014. "Normalisation of monetary policy : prospects and divergences," Economic Review, National Bank of Belgium, issue iii, pages 29-52, December.
- Paul D. Mueller & Joshua Wojnilower, 2016. "The Federal Reserve's Floor System: Immediate Gain for Remote Pain?," Journal of Private Enterprise, The Association of Private Enterprise Education, vol. 31(Summer 20), pages 15-40.
- Philip Turner, 2016. "Macroprudential policies, the long-term interest rate and the exchange rate," BIS Working Papers 588, Bank for International Settlements.
- Kortela, Tomi, 2016. "A shadow rate model with time-varying lower bound of interest rates," Research Discussion Papers 19/2016, Bank of Finland.
- repec:nbb:ecrart:y:2014:m:december:i:iii:p:31-55 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bank for International Settlements, 2016. "Macroprudential policy," BIS Papers, Bank for International Settlements, number 86, January.
- Christiaan Pattipeilohy, 2016. "A comparative analysis of developments in central bank balance sheet composition," DNB Working Papers 510, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Carpenter, Seth B. & Demiralp, Selva & Senyuz, Zeynep, 2016. "Volatility in the federal funds market and money market spreads during the financial crisis," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 225-233.
- repec:fip:fedlrv:00101 is not listed on IDEAS
- Piazzesi, Monika, 2014. "Should the monetary policy rule be different in a financial crisis?," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 18-20.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-02-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2014-02-02 (Central Banking)
- NEP-MAC-2014-02-02 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2014-02-02 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iie:pbrief:pb14-4. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peterson Institute webmaster). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iieeeus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.