Monetary Policy with Abundant Liquidity: A New Operating Framework for the Fed
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Seth Carpenter & Selva Demiralp, 2008. "The Liquidity Effect in the Federal Funds Market: Evidence at the Monthly Frequency," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 40(1), pages 1-24, February.
- Joseph Gagnon & Matthew Raskin & Julie Remache & Brian Sack, 2011. "The Financial Market Effects of the Federal Reserve's Large-Scale Asset Purchases," International Journal of Central Banking, International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 7(1), pages 3-43, March.
- Todd Keister & Antoine Martin & James J. McAndrews, 2008. "Divorcing money from monetary policy," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Sep, pages 41-56.
- George A. Kahn, 2010. "Monetary policy under a corridor operating framework," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Q IV, pages 5-34.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Reverse Repo Risks
by Steve Cecchetti and Kim Schoenholtz in Money, Banking and Financial Markets on 2014-06-26 17:32:41
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- christiaan Pattipeilohy, 2016. "A comparative analysis of developments in central bank balance sheet composition," BIS Working Papers 559, Bank for International Settlements.
- Philip Turner, 2016. "Macroprudential policies, the long-term interest rate and the exchange rate," BIS Working Papers 588, Bank for International Settlements.
- Jean-Pierre Landau, 2016. "A liquidity-based approach to macroprudential policy," BIS Papers chapters,in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Macroprudential policy, volume 86, pages 147-156 Bank for International Settlements.
- Kortela, Tomi, 2016. "A shadow rate model with time-varying lower bound of interest rates," Research Discussion Papers 19/2016, Bank of Finland.
- Frost, Joshua & Logan, Lorie & Martin, Antoine & McCabe, Patrick E. & Natalucci, Fabio M. & Remache, Julie, 2015.
"Overnight RRP Operations as a Monetary Policy Tool: Some Design Considerations,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
2015-10, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Frost, Joshua & Logan, Lorie & Martin, Antoine & McCabe, Patrick E. & Natalucci, Fabio M. & Remache, Julie, 2015. "Overnight RRP operations as a monetary policy tool: some design considerations," Staff Reports 712, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Marcelo Rezende & Mary-Frances Styczynski & Cindy M. Vojtech, 2016. "The Effects of Liquidity Regulation on Bank Demand in Monetary Policy Operations," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2016-090, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- repec:nbb:ecrart:y:2014:m:december:i:iii:p:31-55 is not listed on IDEAS
- Keister, Todd & Martin, Antoine & McAndrews, James J., 2015. "Floor systems and the Friedman rule: the fiscal arithmetic of open market operations," Staff Reports 754, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Bank for International Settlements, 2016. "Macroprudential policy," BIS Papers, Bank for International Settlements, number 86, february.
- Tamim Bayoumi & Giovanni Dell'Ariccia & Karl F Habermeier & Tommaso Mancini Griffoli & Fabian Valencia, 2014. "Monetary Policy in the New Normal," IMF Staff Discussion Notes 14/3, International Monetary Fund.
- Christiaan Pattipeilohy, 2016. "A comparative analysis of developments in central bank balance sheet composition," DNB Working Papers 510, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Carpenter, Seth B. & Demiralp, Selva & Senyuz, Zeynep, 2016. "Volatility in the federal funds market and money market spreads during the financial crisis," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 225-233.
- Naim Cordemans & Ide Stefaan, 2014. "Normalisation of monetary policy : prospects and divergences," Economic Review, National Bank of Belgium, issue iii, pages 29-52, December.
- Piazzesi, Monika, 2014. "Should the monetary policy rule be different in a financial crisis?," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 18-20.
- Paul D. Mueller & Joshua Wojnilower, 2016. "The Federal Reserve's Floor System: Immediate Gain for Remote Pain?," Journal of Private Enterprise, The Association of Private Enterprise Education, vol. 31(Summer 20), pages 15-40.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-02-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2014-02-02 (Central Banking)
- NEP-MAC-2014-02-02 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2014-02-02 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iie:pbrief:pb14-4. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peterson Institute webmaster). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iieeeus.html .