Overnight RRP Operations as a Monetary Policy Tool: Some Design Considerations
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Frost, Joshua & Logan, Lorie & Martin, Antoine & McCabe, Patrick E. & Natalucci, Fabio M. & Remache, Julie, 2015. "Overnight RRP operations as a monetary policy tool: some design considerations," Staff Reports 712, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dudley, William, 2014. "The economic outlook and implications for monetary policy," Speech 136, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Jeremy C. Stein, 2012. "Monetary Policy as Financial Stability Regulation," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 127(1), pages 57-95.
- Joseph E. Gagnon & Brian Sack, 2014. "Monetary Policy with Abundant Liquidity: A New Operating Framework for the Fed," Policy Briefs PB14-4, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Cipriani, Marco & Martin, Antoine & McCabe, Patrick E. & Parigi, Bruno, 2014. "Gates, fees, and preemptive runs," Staff Reports 670, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Ennis, Huberto M. & Keister, Todd, 2006. "Bank runs and investment decisions revisited," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 217-232, March.
- Douglas W. Diamond & Philip H. Dybvig, 2000. "Bank runs, deposit insurance, and liquidity," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Win, pages 14-23.
- Gorton, Gary & Metrick, Andrew, 2012.
"Securitized banking and the run on repo,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 104(3), pages 425-451.
- Gary B. Gorton & Andrew Metrick, 2009. "Securitized Banking and the Run on Repo," NBER Working Papers 15223, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gary Gorton & Andrew Metrick, 2009. "Securitized Banking and the Run on Repo," Yale School of Management Working Papers amz2358, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Sep 2009.
- Evan Gatev & Til Schuermann & Philip E. Strahan, 2009.
"Managing Bank Liquidity Risk: How Deposit-Loan Synergies Vary with Market Conditions,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 22(3), pages 995-1020, March.
- Evan Gatev & Til Schuermann & Philip E. Strahan, 2006. "Managing Bank Liquidity Risk: How Deposit-Loan Synergies Vary with Market Conditions," NBER Working Papers 12234, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dudley, William, 2014. "The 2015 economic outlook and the implications for monetary policy," Speech 153, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Todd Keister & Antoine Martin & James J. McAndrews, 2008. "Divorcing money from monetary policy," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Sep, pages 41-56.
- George A. Kahn, 2010. "Monetary policy under a corridor operating framework," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Q IV, pages 5-34.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Charles Ka Yui Leung & Joe Cho Yiu Ng, 2018.
"Macro Aspects of Housing,"
GRU Working Paper Series
GRU_2018_016, City University of Hong Kong, Department of Economics and Finance, Global Research Unit.
- Leung, Charles Ka Yui & Ng, Joe Cho Yiu, 2018. "Macro Aspects of Housing," Globalization Institute Working Papers 340, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Leung, Charles Ka Yui & Ng, Joe Cho Yiu, 2018. "Macro Aspects of Housing," MPRA Paper 93512, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Charles Ka Yui LEUNG & Joe Cho Yiu NG, 2018. "Macro Aspects of Housing," ISER Discussion Paper 1030, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Roc Armenter & Benjamin Lester, 2017.
"Excess Reserves and Monetary Policy Implementation,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 23, pages 212-235, January.
- Armenter, Roc & Lester, Benjamin, 2016. "Excess Reserves and Monetary Policy Implementation," Working Papers 16-33, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Manmohan Singh, 2015. "Managing the Fed’s Liftoff and Transmission of Monetary Policy," IMF Working Papers 15/202, International Monetary Fund.
- Benjamin Lester & Roc Armenter, 2015. "Excess Reserves and Monetary Policy Normalization," 2015 Meeting Papers 586, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Grossmann-Wirth, V. & Vari, M., 2016. "Sortie de taux bas en situation d’excédent de liquidité : l’expérience de la Réserve fédérale américaine," Bulletin de la Banque de France, Banque de France, issue 206, pages 41-50.
- Garth Baughman & Francesca Carapella, 2018. "Voluntary Reserve Targets," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2018-032, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (US).
- repec:taf:rripxx:v:24:y:2017:i:5:p:802-838 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jane E. Ihrig & Ellen E. Meade & Gretchen C. Weinbach, 2015. "Rewriting Monetary Policy 101: What's the Fed's Preferred Post-Crisis Approach to Raising Interest Rates?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 29(4), pages 177-198, Fall.
More about this item
KeywordsFederal Reserve Board and Federal Reserve System; monetary policy; interest on excess reserves; money market funds; overnight RRP; repo; reverse repo;
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
- E58 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Central Banks and Their Policies
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G23 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Non-bank Financial Institutions; Financial Instruments; Institutional Investors
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CBA-2015-04-25 (Central Banking)
- NEP-MAC-2015-04-25 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2015-04-25 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedgfe:2015-10. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ryan Wolfslayer) or (Keisha Fournillier). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbgvus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.