Changes in Returns to Education in India, 1983-94: By Gender, Age-Cohort and Location
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Dougherty, Christopher R. S. & Jimenez, Emmanuel, 1991. "The specification of earnings functions: Tests and implications," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 85-98, June.
- T. Paul Schultz & Germano Mwabu, 1998.
"Wage Premia for Education and Location, By Gender and Race in South Africa,"
785, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Schultz, T.P. & Mwabu, G., 1998. "Wage Premia for Education and Location, by Gender and Race in South Africa," Papers 785, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Harmon, Colm & Walker, Ian, 1995.
"Estimates of the Economic Return to Schooling for the United Kingdom,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 85(5), pages 1278-1286, December.
- Colm Harmon & Ian Walker, 1995. "Estimates of the economic return to schooling for the United Kingdom," Open Access publications 10197/647, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Schultz, T. Paul & Tansel, Aysit, 1997.
"Wage and labor supply effects of illness in Cote d'Ivoire and Ghana: instrumental variable estimates for days disabled,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 251-286, August.
- Schultz, T-P, 1996. "Wage and Labor Supply effects of Illness in Cote d'Ivoire and Ghana : Instrumental Variable Estimates for Days Disabled," Papers 757, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Psacharopoulos, George, 1994.
"Returns to investment in education: A global update,"
Elsevier, vol. 22(9), pages 1325-1343, September.
- Psacharopoulos, George, 1993. "Returns to investment in education : a global update," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1067, The World Bank.
- Psacharopoulos, George, 1989. "Time trends of the returns to education: Cross-national evidence," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 225-231, June.
- Schultz, T. Paul, 1988. "Education investments and returns," Handbook of Development Economics,in: Hollis Chenery & T.N. Srinivasan (ed.), Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 13, pages 543-630 Elsevier.
- Heckman, James J, 1974. "Shadow Prices, Market Wages, and Labor Supply," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 42(4), pages 679-694, July.
- Ashenfelter, Orley & Harmon, Colm & Oosterbeek, Hessel, 1999.
"A review of estimates of the schooling/earnings relationship, with tests for publication bias,"
Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 453-470, November.
- Orley Ashenfelter & Colm Harmon & Hessel Oosterbeek, 1999. "A Review of Estimates of the Schooling/Earnings Relationship, with Tests for Publication Bias," Working Papers 804, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Orley Ashenfelter & Colm Harmon & Hessel Oosterbeek, 2000. "A Review of Estimates of the Schooling/Earnings Relationship, with Tests for Publication Bias," NBER Working Papers 7457, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ashenfelter, O. & Harmon, C. & Oosterbeek, H., 1999. "A Review of Estimates of the Schooling/ Earnings Relationship, with tests for Publication Bias," Papers 99/20, College Dublin, Department of Political Economy-.
- Heyneman, Stephen P., 1980. "Investment in Indian education: Uneconomic?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 145-163, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Emran, M. Shahe & Shilpi, Forhad, 2015.
"Gender, Geography, and Generations: Intergenerational Educational Mobility in Post-Reform India,"
Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 362-380.
- Emran, M. Shahe & Shilpi, Forhad, 2012. "Gender, geography and generations : intergenerational educational mobility in post-reform India," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6055, The World Bank.
- Emran, M. Shahe & Shilpi, Forhad, 2014. "Gender, Geography and Generations: Intergenerational Educational Mobility in Post-reform India," MPRA Paper 58316, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Geeta Kingdon & Nicolas Theopold, 2006. "Do returns to education matter to schooling participation?," Economics Series Working Papers GPRG-WPS-052, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:486789 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kijima, Yoko, 2006. "Why did wage inequality increase? Evidence from urban India 1983-99," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 97-117, October.
- Desai, Mihir A. & Kapur, Devesh & McHale, John & Rogers, Keith, 2009. "The fiscal impact of high-skilled emigration: Flows of Indians to the U.S," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(1), pages 32-44, January.
- David Cutler & Winnie Fung & Michael Kremer & Monica Singhal & Tom Vogl, 2007.
"Mosquitoes: The Long-term Effects of Malaria Eradication in India,"
NBER Working Papers
13539, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cutler, David & Fung, Winnie & Kremer, Michael & Singhal, Monica, 2007. "Mosquitoes: The Long-TermEffects of Malaria Eradication in India," Working Paper Series rwp07-051, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Fasih, Tazeen & Kingdon, Geeta & Patrinos, Harry Anthony & Sakellariou, Chris & Soderbom, Mans, 2012. "Heterogeneous returns to education in the labor market," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6170, The World Bank.
- John C. Caldwell, 2005. "On Net Intergenerational Wealth Flows: An Update," Population and Development Review, The Population Council, Inc., vol. 31(4), pages 721-740.
- Takahiro Ito, 2009. "Education and Its Distributional Impacts on Living Standards," Global COE Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series gd09-080, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Barry Bosworth & Susan M. Collins & Arvind Virmani, 2006. "Sources of Growth in the Indian Economy," India Policy Forum, Global Economy and Development Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 3(1), pages 1-69.
- Tushar Agrawal, 2011. "Returns to education in India: Some recent evidence," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2011-017, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- Ross, Nicholas & Santos, Paulo & Capon, Timothy, 2012. "Risk, ambiguity and the adoption of new technologies: experimental evidence from a developing economy," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 126492, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Subbaraman, Subhashini & von Witzke, Harald, 2006. "Determinants of Wages and Returns to Education in Rural India," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25660, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Esther Duflo & Rema Hanna, 2005.
"Monitoring Works: Getting Teachers to Come to School,"
- Duflo, Esther & Hanna, Rema & Ryan, Stephen, 2008. "Monitoring Works: Getting Teachers to Come to School," CEPR Discussion Papers 6682, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Esther Duflo & Rema Hanna, 2006. "Monitoring works: Getting teachers to come to school," Framed Field Experiments 00142, The Field Experiments Website.
- Esther Duflo & Rema Hanna, 2005. "Monitoring Works: Getting Teachers to Come to School," NBER Working Papers 11880, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Duflo, Esther & Hanna, Rema, 2005. "Monitoring Works: Getting Teachers to Come to School," CEPR Discussion Papers 5426, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Singh, Ashish, 2010. "Inequality of opportunity in India," MPRA Paper 32971, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsRate of return; human capital; India;
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2000-10-31 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:egc:wpaper:815. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Lewis). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/egyalus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.