National Council of Applied Economic Research
India Policy Forum
2015, Volume 11, Issue 1
- 1-66 From Tapering to Tightening:The Impact of the Fed’s Exit on India
by Basu, Kaushik & Eichengreen, Barry & Gupta, Poonam
- 67-118 Enhancing Nutrition Security via India's National Food Security Act: Using an Axe Instead of a Scalpel?
by Desai, Sonalde & Vanneman, Reeve
- 119-156 The Evolution of Gender Gaps in India
by Bhattacharjee, Shampa & Hnatkovska, Viktoria
- 158-192 Are Publicly Financed Health Insurance Schemes Working in India?
by Ravi, Shamika & Bergkvist, Soft
- 193-276 Corruption in India: Bridging Research Evidence and Policy Options
by Sukhtankar, Sandip & Vaishnav, Milan
2014, Volume 10, Issue 1
- 1-56 State-level Labor Reform and Firm-level Productivity in India
by Sean, Dougherty & Veronica, Frisancho & Kala, Krishna
- 57-116 How India Fits into Global Production Sharing: Experience, Prospects, and Policy Options
by Athukorala, Prema-chandra
- 117-203 Post-Global Crisis Inflation Dynamics in India: What has changed?
by Patra, Michael Debabrata & Khundrakpam, Jeevan Kumar & George, Asish Thomas
- 205-295 India’s Recent Macroeconomic Performance: An Assessment and the Way Forward
by Kapur, Muneesh & Mohan, Rakesh
- 297-341 Social Audits and MGNREGA Delivery: Lessons from Andhra Pradesh
by Afridi, Farzana & Iversen, Vegard
2013, Volume 9, Issue 1
- 1-61 Priorities for Primary Education Policy in India’s 12th Five-year Plan
by Muralidharan Karthik
- 63-104 Policy Lessons from the Implementation of India’s Total Sanitation Campaign
by Spears, Dean
- 105-148 The Demographic Dividend: Evidence from the Indian States
by Aiyar, Shekhar & Mody, Ashoka
- 149-187 Sustaining Groundwater: Role of Policy Reforms in Promoting Conservation in India
by Sekhri, Sheetal
- 189-238 Information Technology and Productivity in Indian Manufacturing
by Sharma Shruti & Singh, Nirvikar
2012, Volume 8, Issue 1
- 1-35 Is State Ownership in the Indian Banking Sector Desirable?
by Acharya, Viral
- 37-93 Expanding Health Coverage for Indians: An Assessment of the Policy Challenge
by Mahal, Ajay & Fan, Victoria
- 95-138 The Percolation of Public Expenditure: Food Subsidies and the Poor in India and the Philippines
by Jha, Skikha & Ramaswami, Bharat
- 139-224 Explaining Inflation in India: The Role of Food Prices
by Mishra, Prachi & Roy, Devesh
- 225-276 Do Capital Controls Matter in India?
by Kohli, Renu & Belaisch, Agnes
2011, Volume 7, Issue 1
- 1-42 The Service Sector as India’s Road to Economic Growth?
by Barry Eichengreen & Poonam Gupta
- 43-95 Sources of Corporate Profits in India: Business Dynamism or Advantages of Entrenchment?
by Mody, Ashoka & Nath, Anusha & Walton, Michael
- 97-158 Determinants of Cost Overruns in Public Procurement of Infrastructure: Roads and Railways
by Singh, Ram
- 159-201 Political Reservation and Substantive Representation: Evidence from Indian Village Councils
by Beaman, Lori & Duflo, Esther & Pande, Rohini & Topalova, Petia
- 203-251 Inelastic Institutions: Political Change and Intergovernmental Transfer Oversight in Post-Independence India
by Srinivasan, T.N. & Seddon Wallack, Jessica
2010, Volume 6, Issue 1
- 1-38 Indian Equity Markets: Measures of Fundamental Value
by Mehra, Rajnish
- 39-72 Why India Choked when Lehman Broke
by Patnaik, Ila & Shah, Ajay
- 73-151 Climate Change and India:Implications and Policy Options
by Panagariya, Arvind
- 153-224 India Transformed? Insights from the Firm Level 1988–2005
by Alfaro, Laura & Chari, Anusha
- 225-279 Land Reforms, Poverty Reduction, and Economic Growth: Evidence from India
by Deininger, Klaus & Nagarajan, Hari K.
2009, Volume 5, Issue 1
- 1-58 Private Schooling in India: A New Educational Landscape
by Desai, Sonalde & Dubey, Amaresh & Vanneman, Reeve & Banerji, Rukmini
- 59-123 Big Reforms but Small Payoffs: Explaining the Weak Record of Growth in Indian Manufacturing
by Gupta,Poonam & Hasan, Rana & Kumar, Utsav
- 125-178 Some New Perspectives on India’s Approach to Capital Account Liberalization
by Prasad, Eswar S.
- 179-244 What Explains India’s Real Appreciation?
by Kholi, Renu & Mohapatra, Sudip
- 245-295 The Cost of Holding Excess Reserves: Evidence from India
by Gupta, Abhijit Sen
2008, Volume 4, Issue 1
- 1-51 The Political Economy of the Indian Fiscal Federation
by Rajaraman, Indira
- 53-99 Can Schooling Policies Affect Schooling Inequality? An Empirical Evaluation of School Location Policies in India
by Kochar, Anjini
- 101-157 Mortgaging the Future? Indian Higher Education
by Kapur, Devesh & Mehta, Pratap Bhanu
- 159-210 Microfinance Lifespans: A Study of Attrition and Exclusion in Self-Help Groups in India
by Baland, Jean-Marie & Somanathan, Rohini & Vandewalle, Lore
- 211-283 The Power Sector in India: An Inquiry into the Efficacy of the Reform Process
by Bhattacharya, Saugata & Patel, Urjit R.
2007, Volume 3, Issue 1
- 1-69 Sources of Growth in the Indian Economy
by Bosworth, Barry & Collins, Susan M. & Virmani, Arvind
- 71-122 Trade Liberalization, Labor-Market Institutions, and Poverty Reduction: Evidence from Indian States
by Hasan, Rana & Mitra, Devashish & Ural, Beyza P.
- 123-177 Teacher Compensation: Can Decentralization to Local Bodies Take India from the Perfect Storm Through Troubled Waters to Clear Sailing?
by Pritchett, Lant & Murgai, Rinku
- 179-213 Does Economic Growth Reduce Fertility? Rural India 1971-99
by Foster, Andrew D. & Rosenzweig, Mark R.
- 215-277 Managing the Environmental Consequences of Growth: Forest Degradation in the Indian mid-Himalayas
by Baland, Jean-Marie & Bardhan, Pranab & Das, Sangmitra & Mookherjee, Dilip & Sarkar, Rinki
2006, Volume 2, Issue 1
- 1-54 Excessive Budget Deficits, a Government-Abused Financial System, and Fiscal Rules
by Buiter Willem H. & Urjit R. Patel
- 55-122 Trends and Issues in Tax Policy and Reform in India
by Rao, M. Govinda & Rao, R. Kavita
- 123-181 How Applicable Is the Inflation-Targeting Framework for India?
by Chand, Sheetal K. & Singh, Kanhaiya
- 183-254 Pre-and Post-Reform: India: A Revised Look at Employment, Wages and Inequality
by Bhalla, Surjit S. & Das, Tirthatanmoy
- 255-288 Universal Telecommunications Service in India
by Noll, Roger G. & Wallsten, Scott J.
2005, Volume 1, Issue 1
- 1-68 India's Trade Reform
by Panagariya, Arvind
- 69-134 Should a U.S.-India FTA Be Part of India's Trade Strategy?
by Lawrence, Robert & Chadha, Rajesh
- 135-188 Foreign Inflows and Macroeconomic Policy in India
by Joshi, Vijay & Sanyal, Sanjeev
- 189-226 India's Experience with a Pegged Exchange Rate
by Patnaik, Ila
- 227-275 Liberalizing Capital flows in India: Financial Repression, Macroeconomic Policy, and Gradual Reforms
by Kletzer, Kenneth M.
- 277-332 Banking Reform in India
by Banerjee, Abhijit V. & Cole, Shawn & Duflo, Esther