Trade Liberalization, Labor-Market Institutions, and Poverty Reduction: Evidence from Indian States
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Rana Hasan & Devashish Mitra & Beyza P. Ural, 2006. "Trade Liberalization, Labor-Market Institutions, and Poverty Reduction: Evidence from Indian States," India Policy Forum, Global Economy and Development Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 3(1), pages 71-122.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Massimiliano Calì & Carlo Menon, 2013.
"Does Urbanization Affect Rural Poverty? Evidence from Indian Districts,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 27(2), pages 171-201.
- Cali, Massimiliano & Menon, Carlo, 2009. "Does urbanisation affect rural poverty? Evidence from Indian districts," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 33205, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Cali, Massimiliano & Menon, Carlo, 2013. "Does urbanization affect rural poverty ? evidence from Indian districts," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6338, The World Bank.
- Massimiliano Cali & Carlo Menon, 2009. "Does Urbanisation Affect Rural Poverty? Evidence from Indian Districts," SERC Discussion Papers 0014, Spatial Economics Research Centre, LSE.
- Dibyendu Maiti & Sugata Marjit, 2009. "Regional Openness, Income Growth And Disparity Across Major Indian States During 1980-2004," Development Economics Working Papers 22927, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Ural Marchand, Beyza, 2012.
"Tariff pass-through and the distributional effects of trade liberalization,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 99(2), pages 265-281.
- Ural Marchand, Beyza, 2011. "Tariff Pass-Through and the Distributional Effects of Trade Liberalization," Working Papers 2011-22, University of Alberta, Department of Economics.
- Rafael Dix-Carneiro & Brian K. Kovak, 2015. "Trade Reform and Regional Dynamics: Evidence From 25 Years of Brazilian Matched Employer-Employee Data," NBER Working Papers 20908, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- McLaren, John & Yoo, Myunghwan, 2017.
"FDI and inequality in Vietnam: An approach with census data,"
Journal of Asian Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 134-147.
- John McLaren & Myunghwan Yoo, 2016. "FDI and Inequality in Vietnam: An Approach with Census Data," NBER Working Papers 22930, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sugata Marjit & Saibal Kar & Dibyendu Sundar Maiti, 2009.
"Labor Market Reform And Poverty – The Role Of Informal Sector,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: New And Enduring Themes In Development Economics, chapter 11, pages 229-240
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Marjit, Sugata & Kar, Saibal & Maiti, Dibyendu, 2008. "Labor market reform and poverty – the role of informal sector," MPRA Paper 23999, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2009.
- J.Salcedo Cain & Rana Hasan & Devashish Mitra, 2010. "Trade Liberalization and Poverty Reduction: New Evidence from Indian States," Working Papers 3333, School of International and Public Affairs, Columbia University, revised Nov 2010.
- Dix Carneiro,Rafael & Kovak,Brian K., 2015. "Trade reform and regional dynamics : evidence from 25 years of Brazilian matched employer-employee data," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7205, The World Bank.
- Petia Topalova, 2010.
"Factor Immobility and Regional Impacts of Trade Liberalization: Evidence on Poverty from India,"
American Economic Journal: Applied Economics,
American Economic Association, vol. 2(4), pages 1-41, October.
- Petia Topalova, 2010. "Factor Immobility and Regional Impacts of Trade Liberalization Evidenceon Poverty From India," IMF Working Papers 10/218, International Monetary Fund.
- Hasan, Rana & Mitra, Devashish & Ranjan, Priya & Ahsan, Reshad N., 2012. "Trade liberalization and unemployment: Theory and evidence from India," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 97(2), pages 269-280.
- Lake, James & Millimet, Daniel L., 2016. "Good Jobs, Bad Jobs: What's Trade Got To Do With It?," IZA Discussion Papers 9814, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ferdinando Monte, 2014. "Local Transmission of Trade Shocks," Working Papers 2014-001, Human Capital and Economic Opportunity Working Group.
- Brian K. Kovak, 2013. "Regional Effects of Trade Reform: What Is the Correct Measure of Liberalization?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 103(5), pages 1960-1976, August.
- repec:iza:izawol:journl:2017:n:378 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mitra, Arup & Sharma, Chandan & Véganzonès-Varoudakis, Marie-Ange, 2014. "Trade liberalization, technology transfer, and firms’ productive performance: The case of Indian manufacturing," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 1-15.
- Han, Jun & Liu, Runjuan & Ural Marchand, Beyza & Zhang, Junsen, 2016.
"Market structure, imperfect tariff pass-through, and household welfare in Urban China,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 100(C), pages 220-232.
- Han, Jun & Liu, Runjuan & Ural Marchand, Beyza & Zhang, Junsen, 2013. "Market Structure, Imperfect Tariff Pass-Through, and Household Welfare in Urban China," Working Papers 2013-11, University of Alberta, Department of Economics, revised 01 Feb 2016.
- Krisztina Kis-Katos & Robert Sparrow, 2011. "Child Labor and Trade Liberalization in Indonesia," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 46(4), pages 722-749.
- Asha Sundaram & Reshad Ahsan & Devashish Mitra, 2012. "Complementarity between Formal and Informal Manufacturing in India: The Role of Policies and Institutions," Working Papers 1116, School of International and Public Affairs, Columbia University, revised Apr 2012.
- Anukriti, S & Kumler, Todd J., 2014. "Tariffs, Social Status, and Gender in India," IZA Discussion Papers 7969, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Rafael Dix-Carneiro & Brian K. Kovak, 2017. "Margins of Labor Market Adjustment to Trade," NBER Working Papers 23595, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Devashish Mitra, 2016. "Trade liberalization and poverty reduction," IZA World of Labor, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA), pages 272-272, June.
More about this item
KeywordsTrade; Trade Liberalisation; Labour Market; Poverty Reduction;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nca:ncaerj:v:3:y:2007:i:2007-1:p:71-122. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shilpi Tripathi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ncaerin.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.