Off Pitch: Football's Financial Integrity Weaknesses, and How to Strengthen Them
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Peter J. Sloane, 2015. "The Economics of Professional Football Revisited," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 62(1), pages 1-7, February.
- Trudo Dejonghe & Wim Van Opstal, 2009.
"The Consequences of an Open Labour Market in Separated Product Markets in European Professional Football,"
Review of Business and Economic Literature,
KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business, Review of Business and Economic Literature, vol. 0(4), pages 489-511.
- T. Dejonghe & W. Van Opstal, 2009. "The Consequences of an Open Labour Market in Separated Product Markets in European Professional Football," Review of Business and Economic Literature, Intersentia, vol. 54(4), pages 489-512, December.
- János Kornai, 2014. "The soft budget constraint," Acta Oeconomica, Akadémiai Kiadó, Hungary, vol. 64(supplemen), pages 25-79, November.
- Tullio Jappelli & Marco Pagano & Marco Di Maggio, 2013. "Households' indebtedness and financial fragility," Journal of Financial Management, Markets and Institutions, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 1, pages 23-46, January.
- Wladimir Andreff, 2015. "Governance of Professional Team Sports Clubs: Agency Problem and Soft Budget Constraint," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-01305679, HAL.
- Thomas Peeters, 2011.
"Broadcast Rights and Competitive Balance in European Soccer,"
International Journal of Sport Finance,
Fitness Information Technology, vol. 6(1), pages 23-39, February.
- PEETERS, Thomas, 2009. "Broadcasting rights and competitive balance in European soccer," Working Papers 2009009, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- Helmut M. Dietl & Egon Franck & Markus Lang & Alexander Rathke, 2012.
"Salary Cap Regulation In Professional Team Sports,"
Contemporary Economic Policy,
Western Economic Association International, vol. 30(3), pages 307-319, July.
- Helmut Dietl & Egon Franck & Markus Lang & Alexander Rathke, 2008. "Salary Cap Regulation in Professional Team Sports," Working Papers 0086, University of Zurich, Institute for Strategy and Business Economics (ISU), revised Nov 2010.
- Helmut Dietl & Egon Franck & Markus Lang & Alexander Rathke, 2008. "Salary Cap Regulation in Professional Team Sports," Working Papers 0020, University of Zurich, Center for Research in Sports Administration (CRSA), revised Nov 2010.
- Bernd Frick, 2007. "The Football Players' Labor Market: Empirical Evidence From The Major European Leagues," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 54(3), pages 422-446, July.
- Susumu Ueno & Uma Sekaran, 1992. "The Influence of Culture on Budget Control Practices in the USA and Japan: An Empirical Study," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 23(4), pages 659-674, December.
- Wladimir Andreff & Stefan Szymanski (ed.), 2006. "Handbook on the Economics of Sport," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 3274.
- Raúl Serrano & Javier García-Bernal & Marta Fernández-Olmos & Manuel A. Espitia-Escuer, 2015. "Expected quality in European football attendance: market value and uncertainty reconsidered," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(13), pages 1051-1054, September.
- Wladimir Andreff, 2007. "French Football," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 8(6), pages 652-661, December.
- Wladimir Andreff & Stefan Szymanski, 2006.
"Handbook on the Economics of Sport,"
Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers)
- Wladimir Andreff & Stefan Szymanski, 2006. "Handbook on the Economics of Sport," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00275933, HAL.
- Stefan Kesenne, 2007. "The Peculiar International Economics Of Professional Football In Europe," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 54(3), pages 388-399, July.
- Johann Graf Lambsdorff, 2013. "Corrupt intermediaries in international business transactions: between make, buy and reform," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 35(3), pages 349-366, June.
- James Esson, 2015. "You have to try your luck: male Ghanaian youth and the uncertainty of football migration," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 47(6), pages 1383-1397, June.
- Dobson,Stephen & Goddard,John, 2011. "The Economics of Football," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521517140.
- Neil Rickman & Robert Witt, 2008.
"Favouritism and Financial Incentives: A Natural Experiment,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 75(298), pages 296-309, May.
- Robert Witt & Neil Rickman, 2005. "Favouritism and financial incentives: A natural experiment," School of Economics Discussion Papers 0105, School of Economics, University of Surrey.
- Rickman, Neil & Witt, Robert, 2005. "Favouritism and Financial Incentives: A Natural Experiment," CEPR Discussion Papers 4968, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Helmut M. Dietl & Egon Franck, 2007. "Governance Failure and Financial Crisis in German Football," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 8(6), pages 662-669, December.
- Uche, Chibuike U., 2002. "Professional accounting development in Nigeria: threats from the inside and outside," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 27(4-5), pages 471-496.
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-00270122 is not listed on IDEAS
- Stephen Morrow, 2006. "Impression Management in Football Club Financial Reporting," International Journal of Sport Finance, Fitness Information Technology, vol. 1(2), pages 96-108, May.
- Barajas, Angel, 2004.
"Modelo de valoración de clubes de fútbol basado en los factores clave de su negocio
[Valuation model for football clubs based on the key factors of their business]," MPRA Paper 13158, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ángel Barajas & Plácido Rodríguez, 2010. "Spanish Football Clubs Finances: Crisis and Player Salaries," International Journal of Sport Finance, Fitness Information Technology, vol. 5(1), pages 52-66, February.
- Hrazdil, Karel & Zhang, Ray, 2012. "The importance of industry classification in estimating concentration ratios," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 114(2), pages 224-227.
- Andrews,Matt, 2013. "The Limits of Institutional Reform in Development," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9781107016330.
- Sian, S., 2006. "Inclusion, exclusion and control: The case of the Kenyan accounting professionalisation project," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 295-322, April.
- Kayes, D. Christopher & Stirling, David & Nielsen, Tjai M., 2007. "Building organizational integrity," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 61-70.
- Rachel M. Gisselquist & Danielle Resnick & Colin Kirkpatrick, 2014. "Assessing The Impact Of Regulatory Reform In Developing Countries," Public Administration & Development, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 34(3), pages 162-168, August.
- Amaury Jose Rezende & Flavia Zoboli Dalmacio & Carlos Eduardo Fernandes Facure, 2010. "Practice of corporate governance in football clubs," International Journal of Economics and Accounting, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 1(4), pages 410-447.
- Hasker, Kevin & Okten, Cagla, 2008. "Intermediaries and corruption," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 103-115, July.
- Zeghal, Daniel & Mhedhbi, Karim, 2006. "An analysis of the factors affecting the adoption of international accounting standards by developing countries," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 41(4), pages 373-386, 012.
- Lamont, Matthew & Hing, Nerilee & Gainsbury, Sally, 2011. "Gambling on sport sponsorship: A conceptual framework for research and regulatory review," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 246-257, August.
- Yupin Yang & Mengze Shi & Avi Goldfarb, 2009. "Estimating the Value of Brand Alliances in Professional Team Sports," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 28(6), pages 1095-1111, 11-12.
- Michiel de Nooij & Marcel van den Berg & Carl Koopmans, 2013. "Bread or Games?," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 14(5), pages 521-545, October.
- John Vrooman, 2007. "Theory Of The Beautiful Game: The Unification Of European Football," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 54(3), pages 314-354, July.
- Wladimir Andreff, 2001. "The Correlation between Economic Underdevelopment and Sport," Post-Print halshs-00274657, HAL.
- Boeri, Tito & Severgnini, Battista, 2011. "Match rigging and the career concerns of referees," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 349-359, June.
- Christopher McMichael, 2012. "'Hosting the world’," City, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(5), pages 519-534, October.
- Zhou, Lianxi & Whitla, Paul, 2013. "How negative celebrity publicity influences consumer attitudes: The mediating role of moral reputation," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(8), pages 1013-1020.
- Pedro Garcia-del-Barrio & Francesc Pujol, 2004. "Pay and Performance in the Spanish Soccer League: Who Gets the Expected Monopsony Rents?," Faculty Working Papers 05/04, School of Economics and Business Administration, University of Navarra.
- repec:sen:rebelj:v:liv:y:2009:i:4:p:489-512 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wladimir Andreff & Paul Staudohar, 2002. "European and U.S. sports business models," Post-Print halshs-00275970, HAL.
- John Goddard & Peter Sloane (ed.), 2014. "Handbook on the Economics of Professional Football," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 14821.
- David Procházka, 2012. "Financial Conditions and Transparency of the Czech Professional Football Clubs," Prague Economic Papers, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2012(4), pages 504-521.
- Ángel Barajas & Plácido Rodríguez, 2014. "Spanish Football in Need of Financial Therapy: Cut Expenses and Inject Capital," International Journal of Sport Finance, Fitness Information Technology, vol. 9(1), pages 73-90, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Stuart Russell & Douglas Barrios & Matt Andrews, 2016. "Getting the Ball Rolling: Basis for Assessing the Sports Economy," CID Working Papers 321, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Garcia del Barrio, Pedro & Pujol, Francesc, 2016. "Broadcasting revenues and media value in European football," Economics Discussion Papers 2016-36, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ecl:harjfk:16-009. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ksharus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.