Financial Conditions and Transparency of the Czech Professional Football Clubs
The UEFA approved the Club Licensing and Financial Fair Play Regulation in 2010, which governs the requirements on transparency and financial conditions of football clubs participating at the European cups. The paper focuses on the specifics of Czech professional football clubs. The research is carried out in two ways. Firstly, the compliance with information duties set up by Czech commercial law is analysed. According to the performed empirical survey, a significant number of Czech football clubs submit their financial statements to the Business Register with a delay or they do not submit the statements at all despite the submission is mandatory. This unsatisfactory state of affairs boosts the risk of bankruptcy of football clubs rapidly taking into account an overall poor financial health of Czech football clubs, which is evidenced by the second part of empirical study.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 2012 (2012)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: nam. W. Churchilla 4, 130 67 Praha 3|
Phone: (02) 24 09 51 11
Fax: (02) 24 22 06 57
Web page: http://www.vse.cz/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Postal: Editorial office Prague Economic Papers, University of Economics, nám. W. Churchilla 4, 130 67 Praha 3, Czech Republic|
Web: http://www.vse.cz/pep/ Email:
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Simon Rottenberg, 1956. "The Baseball Players' Labor Market," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 64, pages 242-242.
- Edward I. Altman, 1968. "Financial Ratios, Discriminant Analysis And The Prediction Of Corporate Bankruptcy," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 23(4), pages 589-609, 09.
- Richard A. Posner, 1974.
"Theories of Economic Regulation,"
Bell Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 5(2), pages 335-358, Autumn.
- Richard A. Posner, 1974. "Theories of Economic Regulation," NBER Working Papers 0041, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Babatunde Buraimo & Rob Simmons & Stefan Szymanski, 2006. "English Football," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 7(1), pages 29-46, February.
- Carlos Pestana Barros & Julio del Corral & Pedro Garcia-del-Barrio, 2008. "Identification of Segments of Soccer Clubs in the Spanish League First Division With a Latent Class Model," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 9(5), pages 451-469, October.
- Barros, Carlos & del Corral, Julio & García-del-Barrio, Pedro, 2007. "Identification of Segments of Soccer Clubs in the Spanish League First Division with a Latent Class Model," Efficiency Series Papers 2007/01, University of Oviedo, Department of Economics, Oviedo Efficiency Group (OEG).
- Sloane, Peter J, 1971. "The Economics of Professional Football: The Football Club as a Utility Maximiser," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 18(2), pages 121-146, June. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:prg:jnlpep:v:2012:y:2012:i:4:id:437:p:504-521. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Frantisek Sokolovsky)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.