Identification of Segments of Soccer Clubs in the Spanish League First Division With a Latent Class Model
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Barros, Carlos & del Corral, Julio & García-del-Barrio, Pedro, 2007. "Identification of Segments of Soccer Clubs in the Spanish League First Division with a Latent Class Model," Efficiency Series Papers 2007/01, University of Oviedo, Department of Economics, Oviedo Efficiency Group (OEG).
References listed on IDEAS
- Zak, Thomas A & Huang, Cliff J & Siegfried, John J, 1979. "Production Efficiency: The Case of Professional Basketball," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 52(3), pages 379-392, July.
- Fiona Carmichael & Dennis Thomas & Robert Ward, 2001. "Production and Efficiency in Association Football," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 2(3), pages 228-243, August.
- George E. Battese & Greg S. Corra, 1977. "Estimation Of A Production Frontier Model: With Application To The Pastoral Zone Of Eastern Australia," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 21(3), pages 169-179, December.
- Leo Kahane, 2005. "Production Efficiency and Discriminatory Hiring Practices in the National Hockey League: A Stochastic Frontier Approach," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 27(1), pages 47-71, August.
- John L. Fizel & Michael P. D'Itri, 1997. "Managerial Efficiency, Managerial Succession and Organizational Performance," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(4), pages 295-308.
- Luis Orea & Subal C. Kumbhakar, 2004. "Efficiency measurement using a latent class stochastic frontier model," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 29(1), pages 169-183, January.
- Guido Ascari & Philippe Gagnepain, 2007.
"Evaluating Rent Dissipation in the Spanish Football Industry,"
Journal of Sports Economics,
, vol. 8(5), pages 468-490, October.
- Guido Ascari & Philippe Gagnepain, 2007. "Evaluating Rent Dissipation in the Spanish Football Industry," Post-Print hal-00622841, HAL.
- Jondrow, James & Knox Lovell, C. A. & Materov, Ivan S. & Schmidt, Peter, 1982. "On the estimation of technical inefficiency in the stochastic frontier production function model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2-3), pages 233-238, August.
- Battese, George E. & Corra, Greg S., 1977. "Estimation Of A Production Frontier Model: With Application To The Pastoral Zone Of Eastern Australia," Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 21(3), pages 1-11, December.
- Carlos Pestana Barros & Stephanie Leach, 2006. "Performance evaluation of the English Premier Football League with data envelopment analysis," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(12), pages 1449-1458.
- Greene, William, 2001. "New Developments in the Estimation of Stochastic Frontier Models with Panel Data," Efficiency Series Papers 2001/06, University of Oviedo, Department of Economics, Oviedo Efficiency Group (OEG).
- Meeusen, Wim & van den Broeck, Julien, 1977. "Efficiency Estimation from Cobb-Douglas Production Functions with Composed Error," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 18(2), pages 435-444, June.
- Aigner, Dennis & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Formulation and estimation of stochastic frontier production function models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 21-37, July.
- Greene, William, 2005. "Reconsidering heterogeneity in panel data estimators of the stochastic frontier model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 126(2), pages 269-303, June.
- Carlos Pestana Barros & Stephanie Leach, 2007. "Technical efficiency in the English Football Association Premier League with a stochastic cost frontier," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(10), pages 731-741.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Carlos Pestana Barros & Gaël Bertrand & Laurent Botti & Scott Tainsky, 2014. "Cost efficiency of French rugby clubs," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(23), pages 2721-2732, August.
- Carlos Pestana Barros & Eduardo Couto & Antonio Samagaio, 2014. "Management ability, strategy, tactics and team performance," Chapters,in: Handbook on the Economics of Professional Football, chapter 11, pages 166-188 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- repec:eee:spomar:v:21:y:2018:i:5:p:563-581 is not listed on IDEAS
- Marcén, Miriam, 2014. "The impact of the Bosman ruling on the market for native soccer players," MPRA Paper 61013, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fiona Carmichael & Dennis Thomas, 2014. "Team performance: production and efficiency in football," Chapters,in: Handbook on the Economics of Professional Football, chapter 10, pages 143-165 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Barros, Carlos Pestana & Assaf, A.George & de Araujo, Ari Francisco, 2011. "Cost performance of Brazilian soccer clubs: A Bayesian varying efficiency distribution model," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(6), pages 2730-2735.
- Jardin, Mathieu, 2009. "Efficiency of French football clubs and its dynamics," MPRA Paper 19828, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- David Procházka, 2012. "Financial Conditions and Transparency of the Czech Professional Football Clubs," Prague Economic Papers, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2012(4), pages 504-521.
- Del Corral, Julio, 2012. "Eficiencia en el deporte: Entrenadores en la Primera División del fútbol español 2009-2011/Efficiency in Sports: Coaches in the Spanish Football First Division 2009-2011," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 30, pages 545-564, Agosto.
- Young Hoon Lee, 2009. "Frontier Models and their Application to the Sports Industry," Working Papers 0903, Research Institute for Market Economy, Sogang University, revised 2009.
- Kostas Kounetas, 2014. "Greek football clubs’ efficiency before and after Euro 2004 Victory: a bootstrap approach," Central European Journal of Operations Research, Springer;Slovak Society for Operations Research;Hungarian Operational Research Society;Czech Society for Operations Research;Österr. Gesellschaft für Operations Research (ÖGOR);Slovenian Society Informatika - Section for Operational Research;Croatian Operational Research Society, vol. 22(4), pages 623-645, December.
- repec:kap:jproda:v:48:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s11123-017-0508-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Miriam Marcén, 2016. "The Bosman ruling and the presence of native football players in their home league: the Spanish case," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 42(2), pages 209-235, October.
- Carlos Pestana Barros & Nicolas Peypoch & Scott Tainsky, 2014. "Cost efficiency of French soccer league teams," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(8), pages 781-789, March.
- Carlos Barros & Pedro Garcia-del-Barrio, 2011. "Productivity drivers and market dynamics in the Spanish first division football league," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 35(1), pages 5-13, February.
More about this item
Keywordscost efficiency; latent class model; soccer; stochastic frontier;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sae:jospec:v:9:y:2008:i:5:p:451-469. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.