Production Efficiency and Discriminatory Hiring Practices in the National Hockey League: A Stochastic Frontier Approach
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Richard A. Hofler & James E. Payne, 2006. "Efficiency in the National Basketball Association: a stochastic frontier approach with panel data," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 27(4), pages 279-285.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Carlos Pestana Barros & Eduardo Couto & Antonio Samagaio, 2014. "Management ability, strategy, tactics and team performance," Chapters,in: Handbook on the Economics of Professional Football, chapter 11, pages 166-188 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Miguel Jara & Dimitri Paolini & Juan Dios Tena Horrillo, 2015.
"Management Efficiency in Football: An Empirical Analysis of Two Extreme Cases,"
Managerial and Decision Economics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 36(5), pages 286-298, July.
- M. Jara & D. Paolini, 2012. "Management Efficiency in Football: An Empirical Analysis of two Extreme Cases," Working Paper CRENoS 201222, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- JARA, miguel & Paolini, DIMITRI & TENA, J.D., 2012. "Management efficiency in football: an empirical analysis of two extreme cases," CORE Discussion Papers 2012044, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Carlos Pestana Barros & Stephanie Leach, 2006. "Performance evaluation of the English Premier Football League with data envelopment analysis," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(12), pages 1449-1458.
- Leo Kahane & Neil Longley & Robert Simmons, 2013.
"The Effects of Coworker Heterogeneity on Firm-Level Output: Assessing the Impacts of Cultural and Language Diversity in the National Hockey League,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 95(1), pages 302-314, March.
- L H Kahane & N Longley & R Simmons, 2009. "The Effects of Coworker Heterogeneity on Firm-Level Output: Assessing the Impacts of Cultural and Language Diversity in the National Hockey League," Working Papers 599378, Lancaster University Management School, Economics Department.
- Mario Lackner, 2010. "And most of us go Pro in something other than Sports - Hiring Preferences and their Effect on the Labor Market for Collegiate Football Players," Economics working papers 2010-10, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Bridgewater, Sue & Kahn, Lawrence M. & Goodall, Amanda H., 2009.
"Substitution between Managers and Subordinates: Evidence from British Football,"
IZA Discussion Papers
4589, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Sue Bridgewater & Lawrence M. Kahn & Amanda H. Goodall, 2009. "Substitution Between Managers and Subordinates: Evidence from British Football," NCER Working Paper Series 51, National Centre for Econometric Research.
- Ozmen M. Utku, 2012. "Foreign Player Quota, Experience and Efficiency of Basketball Players," Journal of Quantitative Analysis in Sports, De Gruyter, vol. 8(1), pages 1-18, March.
- Bridgewater, Sue & Kahn, Lawrence M. & Goodall, Amanda H., 2011. "Substitution and complementarity between managers and subordinates: Evidence from British football," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 275-286, June.
- Bernd Frick & Robert Simmons, 2008.
"The impact of managerial quality on organizational performance: evidence from German soccer,"
Managerial and Decision Economics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 29(7), pages 593-600.
- Bernd Frick & Robert Simmons, 2007. "The Impact of Managerial Quality on Organizational Performance: Evidence from German Soccer," Working Papers 0708, International Association of Sports Economists;North American Association of Sports Economists.
- Young Hoon Lee, 2010. "The Effects of Management Practices on Productivity: Evidence from Baseball Team Production," Working Papers 1005, Research Institute for Market Economy, Sogang University, revised 2010.
- Frick, Bernd & Simmons, Robert, 2006. "Impact of Managerial Quality on Organizational Performance. Evidence from German Soccer," Efficiency Series Papers 2006/05, University of Oviedo, Department of Economics, Oviedo Efficiency Group (OEG).
- repec:bla:coecpo:v:36:y:2018:i:1:p:200-214 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hentschel, Sandra & Muehlheusser, Gerd & Sliwka, Dirk, 2014. "The Contribution of Managers to Organizational Success: Evidence from German Soccer," IZA Discussion Papers 8560, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Francisco González Gómez & Andrés J. Picazo Tadeo, 2008. "Can we be satisfied with our football team? Evidence from spanish professional football," ThE Papers 08/11, Department of Economic Theory and Economic History of the University of Granada..
- Barros, Carlos Pestana & Assaf, A.George & de Araujo, Ari Francisco, 2011. "Cost performance of Brazilian soccer clubs: A Bayesian varying efficiency distribution model," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(6), pages 2730-2735.
- Andrés Picazo-Tadeo & Francisco González-Gómez, 2010. "Does playing several competitions influence a team’s league performance? Evidence from Spanish professional football," Central European Journal of Operations Research, Springer;Slovak Society for Operations Research;Hungarian Operational Research Society;Czech Society for Operations Research;Österr. Gesellschaft für Operations Research (ÖGOR);Slovenian Society Informatika - Section for Operational Research;Croatian Operational Research Society, vol. 18(3), pages 413-432, September.
- Del Corral, Julio, 2012. "Eficiencia en el deporte: Entrenadores en la Primera División del fútbol español 2009-2011/Efficiency in Sports: Coaches in the Spanish Football First Division 2009-2011," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 30, pages 545-564, Agosto.
- Young Hoon Lee, 2009. "Frontier Models and their Application to the Sports Industry," Working Papers 0903, Research Institute for Market Economy, Sogang University, revised 2009.
- Philippe Cyrenne, 2014. "Salary Inequality, Team Success and the Superstar Effect," Departmental Working Papers 2014-02, The University of Winnipeg, Department of Economics.
- Carlos Pestana Barros & Julio del Corral & Pedro Garcia-del-Barrio, 2008.
"Identification of Segments of Soccer Clubs in the Spanish League First Division With a Latent Class Model,"
Journal of Sports Economics,
, vol. 9(5), pages 451-469, October.
- Barros, Carlos & del Corral, Julio & García-del-Barrio, Pedro, 2007. "Identification of Segments of Soccer Clubs in the Spanish League First Division with a Latent Class Model," Efficiency Series Papers 2007/01, University of Oviedo, Department of Economics, Oviedo Efficiency Group (OEG).
- Wen-Jhan Jane & Wei-Hsin Kong & Yi-Hsiue Wang, 2010. "Individual efficiency and club performance: a panel analysis of professional baseball," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 31(5), pages 363-372.
More about this item
KeywordsDiscrimination; efficiency; National Hockey League; production stochastic frontier;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:revind:v:27:y:2005:i:1:p:47-71. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.