Privatization, Foreign Bank Entry and Bank Efficiency in Croatia: A Fourier-Flexible Function Stochastic Cost Frontier Analysis
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Evan Kraft & Richard Hofler & James Payne, 2006. "Privatization, foreign bank entry and bank efficiency in Croatia: a Fourier-flexible function stochastic cost frontier analysis," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(17), pages 2075-2088.
References listed on IDEAS
- Berger, Allen N. & Mester, Loretta J., 1997.
"Inside the black box: What explains differences in the efficiencies of financial institutions?,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 21(7), pages 895-947, July.
- Allen N. Berger & Loretta J. Mester, 1997. "Inside the black box: what explains differences in the efficiencies of financial institutions?," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1997-10, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Allen N. Berger & Loretta J. Mester, 1997. "Inside the Black Box: What Explains Differences in the Efficiencies of Financial Institutions?," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 97-04, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Allen N. Berger & Loretta J. Mester, 1997. "Inside the black box: what explains differences in the efficiencies of financial institutions?," Working Papers 97-1, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Mitchell, Karlyn & Onvural, Nur M, 1996. "Economies of Scale and Scope at Large Commercial Banks: Evidence from the Fourier Flexible Functional Form," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 28(2), pages 178-199, May.
- Kraft, Evan & Tirtiroglu, Dogan, 1998. "Bank Efficiency in Croatia: A Stochastic-Frontier Analysis," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 282-300, June.
- McAllister, Patrick H. & McManus, Douglas, 1993. "Resolving the scale efficiency puzzle in banking," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(2-3), pages 389-405, April.
- Battese, G E & Coelli, T J, 1995. "A Model for Technical Inefficiency Effects in a Stochastic Frontier Production Function for Panel Data," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 20(2), pages 325-332.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nurhan Davutyan & Canan Yildirim, 2013. "Competitiveness in Turkish Banking: 2002-2011," Working Papers 774, Economic Research Forum, revised Sep 2013.
- Walid Bahloul & Abdelfettah Bouri, 2016. "The Efficiency of the European Non-Life Insurance: CEO Power, Macroeconomic, and Market Characteristics Impact," International Journal of Financial Studies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 4(1), pages 1-13, March.
- Kauko, Karlo, 2009. "Managers and efficiency in banking," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 546-556, March.
- Claessens, Stijn & van Horen, Neeltje, 2012.
"Being a foreigner among domestic banks: Asset or liability?,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 1276-1290.
- Claessens, Stijn & van Horen, Neeltje, 2009. "Being a foreigner among domestic banks: Asset or liability?," MPRA Paper 13467, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Stijn Claessens & Neeltje van Horen, 2009. "Being a Foreigner among Domestic Banks: Asset or Liability?," DNB Working Papers 224, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Neeltje van Horen & Stijn Claessens, 2009. "Being a Foreigner Among Domestic Banks; Asset or Liability?," IMF Working Papers 09/273, International Monetary Fund.
- Aiello, Francesco & Bonanno, Graziella, 2014.
"On the Sources of Heterogeneity in Banking Efficiency Literature,"
58591, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Francesco Aiello & Graziella Bonanno, 2016. "On The Sources Of Heterogeneity In Banking Efficiency Literature," Working Papers 201612, Università della Calabria, Dipartimento di Economia, Statistica e Finanza "Giovanni Anania" - DESF.
- Alexei Karas & Koen Schoors & Laurent Weill, 2010. "Are private banks more efficient than public banks?," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 18(1), pages 209-244, January.
- Francesco Aiello & Graziella Bonanno, 2016. "Efficiency in banking: a meta-regression analysis," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(1), pages 112-149, January.
- Leclerc, André & Fortin, Mario, 2009.
"Économies d’échelle et de gamme dans les coopératives de services financiers : une approche non paramétrique (DEA),"
Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 85(3), pages 263-282, septembre.
- Mario Fortin & Andre Leclerc, 2009. "Économies d’échelle et de gamme dans les coopératives de services financiers : une approche non paramétrique (DEA)," Cahiers de recherche 09-08, Departement d'Economique de l'École de gestion à l'Université de Sherbrooke.
- Fotios Pasiouras & Aggeliki Liadaki & Constantin Zopounidis, 2008. "Bank efficiency and share performance: evidence from Greece," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(14), pages 1121-1130.
- Driton Balaj, 2015. "A Comparison of Financial Performance of Domestic and Foreign Banks in Kosovo by Using DuPont Model," Acta Universitatis Danubius. OEconomica, Danubius University of Galati, issue 11(6), pages 71-86, December.
- Fang, Yiwei & Hasan, Iftekhar & Marton, Katherin & Waisman, Maya, 2014. "Bank valuation in new EU member countries," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 55-72.
- Jiang, Chunxia & Yao, Shujie & Zhang, Zongyi, 2009.
"The effects of governance changes on bank efficiency in China: A stochastic distance function approach,"
China Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 717-731, December.
- Shujie Yao & Chunxia Jiang, "undated". "The effects of governance changes on bank efficiency in China: A stochastic distance function approach," Discussion Papers 07/19, University of Nottingham, GEP.
- Canan Yildirim, 2010. "Cherry Picking or Driving Out Bad Management: Foreign Acquisitions in Turkish Banking," Working Papers 568, Economic Research Forum, revised 11 Jan 2010.
- Lampe, Hannes W. & Hilgers, Dennis, 2015. "Trajectories of efficiency measurement: A bibliometric analysis of DEA and SFA," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 240(1), pages 1-21.
- repec:gam:jijfss:v:4:y:2016:i:1:p:4:d:64800 is not listed on IDEAS
- Huang, Tai-Hsin & Lin, Chung-I & Chen, Kuan-Chen, 2017. "Evaluating efficiencies of Chinese commercial banks in the context of stochastic multistage technologies," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 93-110.
- Arocena, Pablo & Oliveros, Diana, 2012. "The efficiency of state-owned and privatized firms: Does ownership make a difference?," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 140(1), pages 457-465.
- Sirajo Aliyu & Rosylin Mohd Yusof, 2016. "Profitability and Cost Efficiency of Islamic Banks: A Panel Analysis of Some Selected Countries," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 6(4), pages 1736-1743.
- Mathias Schmit & Thierry Denuit & Laurent Gheeraert & Cédric Warny, 2011.
"Roles, Missions and Business Models of Public Financial Institutions in Europe,"
SUERF - The European Money and Finance Forum, number 2011/5, March.
- Mathias Schmit & Thierry Denuit & Laurent Gheeraert & Cédric Warny, 2011. "Roles, Missions and Business Models of Public Financial Institutions in Europe," Chapters in SUERF Studies, SUERF - The European Money and Finance Forum.
- Evan Kraft, 2002. "Foreign Banks in Croatia: Another Look," Working Papers 10, The Croatian National Bank, Croatia.
More about this item
Keywordsenvelopment analysis; efficiency frontier; operating approach; intermediation approach; Croatia; banks;
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- C4 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hnb:wpaper:9. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Romana Sinković). General contact details of provider: http://www.hnb.hr .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.