The Ruble between the Hammer and the Anvil: Oil Prices and Economic Sanctions
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Dreger, Christian & Fidrmuc, Jarko & Kholodilin, Konstantin & Ulbricht, Dirk, 2015. "The Ruble between the hammer and the anvil: Oil prices and economic sanctions," BOFIT Discussion Papers 25/2015, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kaemfer, William H & Lowenberg, Anton D, 1988. "The Theory of International Economic Sanctions: A Public Choice Approach," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 78(4), pages 786-793, September.
- Dominguez, Kathryn M.E. & Panthaki, Freyan, 2006.
"What defines `news' in foreign exchange markets?,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 168-198, February.
- Kathryn Dominguez & Freyan Panthaki, 2005. "What Defines "News" in Foreign Exchange Markets?," NBER Working Papers 11769, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kathryn Dominguez & Freyan Panthaki, 2005. "What Defines 'News' in Foreign Exchange Markets," Working Papers 547, Research Seminar in International Economics, University of Michigan.
- Caruso Raul, 2003.
"The Impact of International Economic Sanctions on Trade: An Empirical Analysis,"
Peace Economics, Peace Science, and Public Policy,
De Gruyter, vol. 9(2), pages 1-36, April.
- Raul Caruso, 2003. "The Impact of International Economic Sanctions on Trade An empirical Analysis," International Trade 0306001, EconWPA.
- Sébastien Laurent & Luc Bauwens & Jeroen V. K. Rombouts, 2006.
"Multivariate GARCH models: a survey,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(1), pages 79-109.
- BAUWENS, Luc & LAURENT, Sébastien & ROMBOUTS, Jeroen, 2003. "Multivariate GARCH models: a survey," CORE Discussion Papers 2003031, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- BAUWENS, Luc & LAURENT, Sébastien & ROMBOUTS, Jeroen VK, 2006. "Multivariate GARCH models: a survey," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1847, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Helinä Laakkonen, 2007.
"The Impact of Macroeconomic News on Exchange Rate Volatility,"
Finnish Economic Papers,
Finnish Economic Association, vol. 20(1), pages 23-40, Spring.
- Laakkonen, Helinä, 2004. "The impact of macroeconomic news on exchange rate volatility," Research Discussion Papers 24/2004, Bank of Finland.
- Christopher A. Sims & Tao Zha, 1999.
"Error Bands for Impulse Responses,"
Econometric Society, vol. 67(5), pages 1113-1156, September.
- Christopher A. Sims & Tao Zha, 1994. "Error Bands for Impulse Responses," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1085, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Christopher A. Sims & Tao Zha, 1995. "Error bands for impulse responses," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 95-6, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS programs to replicate Sims and Zha(1999) "Error Bands for Impulse Responses"," Statistical Software Components RTZ00145, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Lam, San Ling, 1990. "Economic sanctions and the success of foreign policy goals : A critical evaluation," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 239-248, September.
- Christian Dreger & Jarko Fidrmuc, 2009.
"Drivers of Exchange Rate Dynamics in Selected CIS Countries: Evidence from a FAVAR Analysis,"
Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin
867, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Christian Dreger & Jarko Fidrmuc, 2009. "Drivers of Exchange Rate Dynamics in Selected CIS Countries: Evidence from a FAVAR Analysis," Working Paper / FINESS 5.6, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Christian Dreger & Jarko Fidrmuc, 2010. "Drivers of exchange rate dynamics in selected CIS countries: Evidence from a FAVAR analysis," Working Papers 289, Leibniz Institut für Ost- und Südosteuropaforschung (Institute for East and Southeast European Studies).
- Johansen, Soren, 1995. "Likelihood-Based Inference in Cointegrated Vector Autoregressive Models," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198774501.
- Gary Clyde Hufbauer & Jeffrey J. Schott & Kimberly Ann Elliott, 2007. "Economic Sanctions Reconsidered, 3rd edition (hardcover)," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 4075, January.
- Barberis, Nicholas & Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert, 1998. "A model of investor sentiment," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 307-343, September.
- repec:hrv:faseco:30747159 is not listed on IDEAS
- Paul C. Tetlock, 2007. "Giving Content to Investor Sentiment: The Role of Media in the Stock Market," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 62(3), pages 1139-1168, June.
- Kaempfer, William H. & Lowenberg, Anton D., 2007. "The Political Economy of Economic Sanctions," Handbook of Defense Economics, Elsevier.
- Gary Clyde Hufbauer & Barbara Oegg, 2003. "The Impact of Economic Sanctions on US Trade: Andrew Rose's Gravity Model," Policy Briefs PB03-04, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Shane Bonetti, 1998. "Distinguishing characteristics of degrees of success and failure in economic sanctions episodes," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(6), pages 805-813.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jonas Frank, 2017. "The empirical consequences of trade sanctions for directly and indirectly affected countries," FIW Working Paper series 174, FIW.
- Matthieu Crozet & Julian Hinz, 2016. "Collateral Damage: The impact of the Russia sanctions on sanctioning countries’ exports," Working Papers 2016-16, CEPII research center.
- Hinz, Julian, 2017. "The cost of sanctions: Estimating lost trade with gravity," Kiel Working Papers 2093, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Crozet, Matthieu & Hinz, Julian, 2016. "Friendly fire - the trade impact of the Russia sanctions and counter-sanctions," Kiel Working Papers 2059, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
More about this item
KeywordsMilitary conflict; sanctions; oil prices; Ruble depreciation;
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
- F51 - International Economics - - International Relations, National Security, and International Political Economy - - - International Conflicts; Negotiations; Sanctions
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2015-06-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-CIS-2015-06-13 (Confederation of Independent States)
- NEP-ENE-2015-06-13 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-TRA-2015-06-13 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:diw:diwwpp:dp1488. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bibliothek). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/diwbede.html .