Self-Employment Dynamics, State Dependence and Cross-Mobility Patterns
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Caliendo, Marco & Uhlendorff, Arne, 2008. "Self-Employment Dynamics, State Dependence and Cross-Mobility Patterns," IZA Discussion Papers 3900, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
References listed on IDEAS
- Clark, Kenneth & Drinkwater, Stephen, 2000. "Pushed out or pulled in? Self-employment among ethnic minorities in England and Wales," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(5), pages 603-628, September.
- Evans, David S & Leighton, Linda S, 1989. "Some Empirical Aspects of Entrepreneurship," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(3), pages 519-535, June.
- Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, 2005.
"Simple solutions to the initial conditions problem in dynamic, nonlinear panel data models with unobserved heterogeneity,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(1), pages 39-54.
- Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, 2002. "Simple solutions to the initial conditions problem in dynamic, nonlinear panel data models with unobserved heterogeneity," CeMMAP working papers CWP18/02, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Evans, David S & Jovanovic, Boyan, 1989. "An Estimated Model of Entrepreneurial Choice under Liquidity Constraints," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(4), pages 808-827, August.
- Blanchflower, David G & Oswald, Andrew J, 1998. "What Makes an Entrepreneur?," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(1), pages 26-60, January.
- Taylor, Mark P, 1996. "Earnings, Independence or Unemployment: Why Become Self-Employed?," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 58(2), pages 253-266, May.
- Cressy, Robert, 2000. "Credit rationing or entrepreneurial risk aversion? An alternative explanation for the Evans and Jovanovic finding," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 66(2), pages 235-240, February.
- Dean R. Hyslop, 1999. "State Dependence, Serial Correlation and Heterogeneity in Intertemporal Labor Force Participation of Married Women," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 67(6), pages 1255-1294, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Taylor, Mark P., 2011. "Self-employment flows and persistence: a European comparative analysis," ISER Working Paper Series 2011-26, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Schanne, Norbert & Weyh, Antje, 2009. "What makes start-ups out of unemployment different?," IAB Discussion Paper 200904, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany].
- Christoph Wunder & Regina T. Riphahn, 2014.
"The dynamics of welfare entry and exit amongst natives and immigrants,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 66(2), pages 580-604.
- Wunder, Christoph & Riphahn, Regina T., 2011. "The dynamics of welfare entry and exit among natives and immigrants," Annual Conference 2011 (Frankfurt, Main): The Order of the World Economy - Lessons from the Crisis 49162, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Zucchelli, E. & Harris, M. & Zhao, X., 2012. "Ill-health and transitions to part-time work and self-employment among older workers," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 12/04, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Roy Thurik, 2014.
"Entrepreneurship and the business cycle,"
IZA World of Labor,
Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA), pages 1-90, October.
- Regina T. Riphahn & Christoph Wunder, 2016.
"State dependence in welfare receipt: transitions before and after a reform,"
Springer, vol. 50(4), pages 1303-1329, June.
- Regina T. Riphahn & Christoph Wunder, 2013. "State Dependence in Welfare Receipt: Transitions Before and After a Reform," CESifo Working Paper Series 4485, CESifo Group Munich.
- Regina T. Riphahn & Christoph Wunder, 2015. "State Dependence in Welfare Receipt: Transitions before and after a Reform," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 758, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Riphahn, Regina T. & Wunder, Christoph, 2015. "State Dependence in Welfare Receipt: Transitions Before and After a Reform," IZA Discussion Papers 9035, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ward-Warmedinger, Melanie E. & Macchiarelli, Corrado, 2013. "Transitions in Labour Market Status in the EU," IZA Discussion Papers 7814, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
More about this item
KeywordsSelf-Employment; State Dependence; Labor Market Dynamics; Unemployment;
- J64 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Unemployment: Models, Duration, Incidence, and Job Search
- L26 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Entrepreneurship
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- C25 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Discrete Regression and Qualitative Choice Models; Discrete Regressors; Proportions; Probabilities
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-01-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENT-2009-01-17 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-LAB-2009-01-17 (Labour Economics)
ListsThis item is featured on the following reading lists or Wikipedia pages:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:diw:diwsop:diw_sp152. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bibliothek). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sodiwde.html .