The impact of trade openness on regional inequality : the cases of India and Brazil
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Marie Daumal, 2013. "The Impact of Trade Openness on Regional Inequality: The Cases of India and Brazil," The International Trade Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 27(3), pages 243-280, August.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ben-David, D., 2000. "Teach your Children Well: Planting the Seeds of Education and Harvesting the Benefits of Trade," Papers 2000-5, Tel Aviv.
- Andrés Rodríguez‐Pose, 2012.
"Trade and Regional Inequality,"
Clark University, vol. 88(2), pages 109-136, April.
- Rodriguez-Pose, Andres, 2010. "Trade and regional inequality," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5347, The World Bank.
- Andrés Rodríguez-Pose, 2010. "Trade and regional inequality," Working Papers 2010-13, Instituto Madrileño de Estudios Avanzados (IMDEA) Ciencias Sociales.
- Rodriguez-Pose, Andres, 2011. "Trade and regional inequality," CEPR Discussion Papers 8616, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Carlos R. Azzoni, 2001. "Economic growth and regional income inequality in Brazil," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 35(1), pages 133-152.
- Wei, Shang-Jin & Wu, Yi, 2001.
"Globalization and Inequality: Evidence from within China,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3088, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Shang-Jin Wei & Yi Wu, 2001. "Globalization and Inequality: Evidence from Within China," NBER Working Papers 8611, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paluzie i Hernandez, Elisenda, 1999. "Trade policy and regional inequalities," ERSA conference papers ersa99pa231, European Regional Science Association.
- Andrés Rodríguez-Pose & Nicholas Gill, 2004. "Is there a global link between regional disparities and devolution?," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 36(12), pages 2097-2117, December.
- Henrik Hansen & John Rand, 2006.
"On the Causal Links Between FDI and Growth in Developing Countries,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(1), pages 21-41, January.
- Henrik Hansen & John Rand, 2004. "On the Causal Links between FDI and Growth in Developing Countries," Discussion Papers 04-30, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Hansen, Henrik & Rand, John, 2005. "On the Causal Links between FDI and Growth in Developing Countries," WIDER Working Paper Series 031, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Krugman, Paul & Elizondo, Raul Livas, 1996. "Trade policy and the Third World metropolis," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 137-150, April.
- F. Zilibotti & P. Aghion & R. Burgess, 2004. "The Unequal Effects of Trade Liberalization: Theory and Evidence from India," 2004 Meeting Papers 40, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- J. Vernon Henderson, 1996. "Ways to Think about Urban Concentration: Neoclassical Urban Systems versus the New Economic Geography," International Regional Science Review, , vol. 19(1-2), pages 31-36, April.
- Okada, Aya & Siddharthan, N.S., 2007. "Industrial Clusters in India: Evidence from Automobile Clusters in Chennai and the National Capital Region," IDE Discussion Papers 103, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Peter Nunnenkamp & Rudi Stracke, 2008.
"Foreign Direct Investment In Post-Reform India: Likely To Work Wonders For Regional Development?,"
Journal of Economic Development,
Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 33(2), pages 55-84, December.
- Nunnenkamp, Peter & Stracke, Rudi, 2007. "Foreign direct investment in post-reform India: Likely to work wonders for regional development?," Kiel Working Papers 1375, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Matthieu Crozet & Pamina Koenig-Soubeyran, 2002. "Trade Liberalization and the Internal Geography of Countries," Working Papers 2002-37, Center for Research in Economics and Statistics.
- Schwert, G William, 2002.
"Tests for Unit Roots: A Monte Carlo Investigation,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 20(1), pages 5-17, January.
- Marcela González Rivas, 2007. "The effects of trade openness on regional inequality in Mexico," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 41(3), pages 545-561, September.
- César Calderón & Norman Loayza & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel, 2006. "External Conditions and Growth Performance," Central Banking, Analysis, and Economic Policies Book Series,in: Ricardo Caballero & César Calderón & Luis Felipe Céspedes & Norman Loayza (Series Editor) & Klaus Sc (ed.), External Vulnerability and Preventive Policies, edition 1, volume 10, chapter 3, pages 041-070 Central Bank of Chile.
- World Bank, 2009. "Geography in Motion: World Development Report 2009 (excerpt)," Transnational Corporations Review, Ottawa United Learning Academy, vol. 1(3), pages 40-46, September.
- Ferreira Filho, Joaquim Bento de Souza & Horridge, Mark Jonathan, 2006.
"Economic Integration, Poverty and Regional Inequality in Brazil,"
Revista Brasileira de Economia - RBE,
FGV/EPGE - Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil), vol. 60(4), February.
- Joaquim Bento Ferreira-Filho & Mark Horridge, 2004. "Economic Integration, Poverty and Regional Inequality in Brazil," Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre Working Papers g-149, Victoria University, Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre.
- Ge, Ying, 2006. "Regional Inequality, Industry Agglomeration and Foreign Trade: The Case of China," WIDER Working Paper Series 105, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Fiess, Norbert M. & Verner, Dorte, 2003. "Migration and human capital in Brazil during the 1990s," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3093, The World Bank.
- Engle, Robert F. & Yoo, Byung Sam, 1987. "Forecasting and testing in co-integrated systems," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 143-159, May.
- Granger, C. W. J., 1988. "Some recent development in a concept of causality," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 39(1-2), pages 199-211.
- Andres Rodriguez-Pose & Nicholas Gill, 2004. "How does trade affect regional inequalities?," ERSA conference papers ersa04p478, European Regional Science Association.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ahmed, Azleen Rosemy & Masih, Mansur, 2017. "What is the link between financial development and income inequality? evidence from Malaysia," MPRA Paper 79416, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Abhimanyu Dadu & Namrata Gulati, 2014. "Inequality, neighborhoods and variation in prices," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2014-001, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- Namrata Gulati & Abhimanyu Dadu, 2014. "Inequality, Neighbourhoods and Variation in Prices," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 34(3), pages 1463-1484.
- Carolina Guevara, 2015. "The effect of trade on agglomeration within regions," Working Papers 1530, Groupe d'Analyse et de Théorie Economique Lyon St-Étienne (GATE Lyon St-Étienne), Université de Lyon.
- G. C. Lim & Paul D. McNelis, 2014. "Income Inequality, Trade and Financial Openness," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2014n07, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- repec:rjr:romjef:v::y:2017:i:1:p:75-97 is not listed on IDEAS
- Maria Cecilia J. LUSTOSA & Yves-André FAURE, 2013. "Changements institutionnels et politiques publiques au Brésil\r\nAux sources de la réduction des inégalités sociales, de la pauvreté et des disparités régionales," Cahiers du GREThA 2013-25, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée.
- Carolina Guevara, 2015. "The effect of trade on agglomeration within regions," Working Papers halshs-01233389, HAL.
More about this item
KeywordsTrade openness; regional inequality; India; Brazil; time series regression; Ouverture commerciale; inégalités régionales; Inde; Brésil; séries temporelles.;
- F43 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Economic Growth of Open Economies
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-03-06 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2010-03-06 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-DEV-2010-03-06 (Development)
- NEP-GEO-2010-03-06 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-INT-2010-03-06 (International Trade)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:dia:wpaper:dt201004. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Loic Le Pezennec). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/diallfr.html .