The effects of trade openness on regional inequality in Mexico
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Krugman, Paul & Elizondo, Raul Livas, 1996. "Trade policy and the Third World metropolis," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 137-150, April.
- Chiquiar, Daniel, 2005. "Why Mexico's regional income convergence broke down," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 257-275, June.
- Puga, Diego, 1999.
"The rise and fall of regional inequalities,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 303-334, February.
- Diego Puga, 1996. "The Rise and Fall of Regional Inequalities," CEP Discussion Papers dp0314, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Puga, Diego, 1997. "The Rise and Fall of Regional Inequalities," CEPR Discussion Papers 1575, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Puga, Diego, 1996. "The rise and fall of regional inequalities," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 20643, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Elisenda Paluzie Hernandez, 1999. "Trade policy and regional inequalities," Working Papers in Economics 48, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
- Barro, Robert J. & Lee, Jong-Wha, 1994. "Sources of economic growth," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 1-46, June.
- Gaetano Carmeci & Luciano Mauro, 2002. "TheConvergence of the Italian Regions and Unemployment: Theory and Evidence," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(3), pages 509-532, August.
- David de Ferranti & Guillermo E. Perry & William Foster & Daniel Lederman & Alberto Valdés, 2005. "Beyond the City: The Rural Contribution to Development," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7328, December.
- Romer, Paul M., 1990. "Human capital and growth: Theory and evidence," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 251-286, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ertan Oktay & Giray Gozgor, 2013.
"Trade And Regional Development In A Developing Country: The Case Of Turkey,"
Review of Urban & Regional Development Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(3), pages 201-212, November.
- Ertan Oktay & Giray Gozgor, 2011. "Trade and Regional Development in A Developing Country: The Case of Turkey," ERSA conference papers ersa11p890, European Regional Science Association.
- Hernández Vega Marco A., 2018. "Does Monetary Policy in Advanced Economies Have Differentiated Effects on Portfolio Flows to Emerging Economies?," Working Papers 2018-26, Banco de México.
- Alberto Díaz Dapena & Esteban Fernández Vázquez & Rafael Garduño Rivera & Fernando Rubiera Morollón, 2015.
"Does Trade Imply Convergence? Analyzing The Effect of NAFTA on The Local Convergence in Mexico,"
DTE 591, CIDE, División de Economía.
- Alberto DÃaz Dapena & Esteban Fernandez Vazquez & Rafael GarduÃ±o & Fernando Rubiera MorollÃ³n, 2015. "Does trade imply convergence? Analyzing the effect of NAFTA on the local convergence in Mexico," ERSA conference papers ersa15p282, European Regional Science Association.
- Georg Hirte & Christian Lessmann, 2014.
"Trade, Integration, and Interregional Inequality,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
- Hirte, Georg & Leßmann, Christian, 2014. "Trade, Integration and Interregional Inequality," Annual Conference 2014 (Hamburg): Evidence-based Economic Policy 100610, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Ansgar Belke & Andreas Wernet, 2015. "Poverty Reduction through Growth and Redistribution Policies—a Panel Analysis for 59 Developing Countries," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(1), pages 143-162, February.
- Marie Daumal, 2013.
"The Impact of Trade Openness on Regional Inequality: The Cases of India and Brazil,"
The International Trade Journal,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 27(3), pages 243-280, August.
- Marie Daumal, 2010. "The impact of trade openness on regional inequality : the cases of India and Brazil," Working Papers DT/2010/04, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- Rodríguez-Benavides, Domingo & Mendoza-González, Miguel Ángel & Venegas-Martínez, Francisco, 2014.
"¿Realmente existe convergencia regional en México? Un modelo no lineal de datos panel TAR
[Is There Really Regional Convergence in Mexico? A Non-linear Panel-Data TAR Model]," MPRA Paper 56874, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Marius Brülhart, 2011. "The spatial effects of trade openness: a survey," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 147(1), pages 59-83, April.
- Modrego, Félix & Berdegué, Julio A., 2015. "A Large-Scale Mapping of Territorial Development Dynamics in Latin America," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 11-31.
- Juan Gabriel Brida & Juan Pereyra & Martín Puchet Anyul & Wiston Adrián Risso, 2011. "Regímenes de desempeño económico y dualismo estructural en la dinámica de las entidades federativas de México, 1970 - 2006," Documentos de Trabajo (working papers) 1011, Department of Economics - dECON.
- Wolfgang Polasek & Richard Sellner, 2013.
"The Does Globalization Affect Regional Growth? Evidence for NUTS-2 Regions in EU-27,"
DANUBE: Law and Economics Review,
European Association Comenius - EACO, issue 1, pages 23-65, March.
- Richard Sellner & Wolfgang Polasek, 2011. "Does Globalization affect Regional Growth? Evidence for NUTS-2 Regions in EU-27," ERSA conference papers ersa11p819, European Regional Science Association.
- Wolfgang Polasek & Richard Sellner, 2011. "Does Globalization affect Regional Growth? Evidence for NUTS-2 Regions in EU-27," Working Paper series 24_11, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Polasek, Wolfgang & Sellner, Richard, 2011. "Does Globalization Affect Regional Growth? Evidence for NUTS-2 Regions in EU-27," Economics Series 266, Institute for Advanced Studies.
- Guangdong Li & Chuanglin Fang, 2014. "Analyzing the multi-mechanism of regional inequality in China," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 52(1), pages 155-182, January.
- Ernesto M. Pernia & Janine Elora M. Lazatin, 2016. "Do Regions Gain from an Open Economy?," UP School of Economics Discussion Papers 201602, University of the Philippines School of Economics.
- Abdul Jabbar Abdullah & Hristos Doucouliagos & Elizabeth Manning, 2015. "Are regional incomes in Malaysia converging?," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 94, pages 69-94, November.
- Vicente German-Soto & Chapa Cantú, 2015. "Cointegration with structural changes between per capita product and income inequality in Mexico," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(49), pages 5215-5228, October.
- Georg Hirte & Christian Lessmann, 2014. "Trade and Interregional Inequality," ERSA conference papers ersa14p304, European Regional Science Association.
- Becker, Julia-Maria, 2014. "The Impact of the Crisis of 2008 on Women`s and Men`s Income in Mexico," MPRA Paper 57964, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jacob Jordaan & Eduardo Rodriguez-Oreggia, 2012. "Regional growth in Mexico under trade liberalisation: how important are agglomeration and FDI?," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 48(1), pages 179-202, February.
More about this item
KeywordsR11; R12; R58;
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
- R12 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Size and Spatial Distributions of Regional Economic Activity; Interregional Trade (economic geography)
- R58 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Regional Development Planning and Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:anresc:v:41:y:2007:i:3:p:545-561. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.