Why did Sponsor Banks Rescue their SIVs? A Signaling Model of Rescues
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Carlos O. Arteta & Mark S. Carey & Ricardo Correa & Jason Kotter, 2008.
"Which banks sponsored ABCP vehicles and why?,"
1072, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Carlos O. Arteta & Mark S. Carey & Ricardo Correa & Jason Kotter, 2013. "Revenge of the steamroller: ABCP as a window on risk choices," International Finance Discussion Papers 1076, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- König, Philipp J. & Pothier, David, 2018. "Safe but fragile: Information acquisition, sponsor support and shadow bank runs," Discussion Papers 15/2018, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- repec:eee:jfinec:v:131:y:2019:i:3:p:715-735 is not listed on IDEAS
- Giovanna Nicodano & Luca Regis, 2014. "Complex organizations, tax policy and financial stability," Carlo Alberto Notebooks 359, Collegio Carlo Alberto, revised 2015.
- repec:oup:revfin:v:22:y:2018:i:4:p:1335-1373. is not listed on IDEAS
- Giovanna Nicodano & Luca Regis, 2015. "Ownership, Taxes and Default," Working Papers 7/2015, IMT Institute for Advanced Studies Lucca, revised Jul 2015.
- Steven Ongena & Günseli Tümer–Alkan & Natalja von Westernhagen, 2018.
"Do Exposures to Sagging Real Estate, Subprime, or Conduits Abroad Lead to Contraction and Flight to Quality in Bank Lending at Home?,"
Review of Finance,
European Finance Association, vol. 22(4), pages 1335-1373.
- Ongena, Steven & Tümer-Alkan, Günseli & von Westernhagen, Natalja, 2015. "Do exposures to sagging real estate, subprime or conduits abroad lead to contraction and flight to quality in bank lending at home?," Discussion Papers 09/2015, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Luck, Stephan & Schempp, Paul, 2014.
"Banks, shadow banking, and fragility,"
Working Paper Series
1726, European Central Bank.
- Luck, Stephan & Schempp, Paul, 2015. "Banks, Shadow Banking, and Fragility," Annual Conference 2015 (Muenster): Economic Development - Theory and Policy 113204, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- repec:bis:bisifc:46-23 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lucyna Gornicka, 2014. "Shadow Banking and Traditional Bank Lending: The Role of Implicit Guarantees," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 14-035/VI/DSF74, Tinbergen Institute, revised 16 Jun 2014.
- Nicodano, Giovanna & Regis, Luca, 2019.
"A trade-off theory of ownership and capital structure,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 131(3), pages 715-735.
- Giovanna Nicodano & Luca Regis, 2017. "A Trade-off Theory of Ownership and Capital Structure," Working papers 045, Department of Economics and Statistics (Dipartimento di Scienze Economico-Sociali e Matematico-Statistiche), University of Torino.
- repec:pal:jbkreg:v:18:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1057_s41261-016-0034-8 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsReputation risk; rescues; mispricing; implicit support; shadow banking system.;
- G2 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services
- G3 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CTA-2014-06-22 (Contract Theory & Applications)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cmf:wpaper:wp2014_1402. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Araceli Requerey). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cemfies.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.