Estimating Consumer Willingness-To-Pay For Country Of-Origin-Labels For Beef Products
Country-of-origin labeling is now being considered as an alternative by the U.S. Senate. Research is still needed to determine what attributes consumers value in domestic versus imported beef, and to quantify the value that consumers place on country-of-origin labels. Preliminary results suggest that U.S. consumers perceived domestic beef as being safer than imported beef, and overall they are willing to pay a premium to obtain U.S. certified beef.
|Date of creation:||2002|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202|
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jayson L. Lusk & John A. Fox & Ted C. Schroeder & James Mintert & Mohammad Koohmaraie, 2001.
"In-Store Valuation of Steak Tenderness,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 83(3), pages 539-550.
- Maria Luz Loureiro & Jill J. McCluskey, 2000. "Assessing consumer response to protected geographical identification labeling," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(3), pages 309-320.
- Justus Haucap & Christian Wey & Jens F. Barmbold, 1997. "Location Choice as a Signal for Product Quality: The Economics of 'Made in Germany'," Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE), Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 153(3), pages 510-, September.
- Buhr, Brian L. & Hayes, Dermot J. & Shogren, Jason F. & Kliebenstein, James, 1993.
"Valuing Ambiguity: The Case of Genetically Engineered Growth Enhancers,"
Staff General Research Papers
675, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Buhr, Brian L. & Hayes, Dermot J. & Shogren, Jason F. & Kliebenstein, James B., 1993. "Valuing Ambiguity: The Case Of Genetically Engineered Growth Enhancers," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 18(02), December.
- Mathios, Alan D., 1998. "The Importance Of Nutrition Labeling And Health Claim Regulation On Product Choice: An Analysis Of The Cooking Oils Market," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 27(2), October.
- Timothy Park & John B. Loomis & Michael Creel, 1991. "Confidence Intervals for Evaluating Benefits Estimates from Dichotomous Choice Contingent Valuation Studies," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 67(1), pages 64-73.
- Schupp, Alvin R. & Gillespie, Jeffrey M., 2001. "Consumer Attitudes Toward Potential Country-Of-Origin Labeling Of Fresh Or Frozen Beef," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 32(03), November.
- Lusk, Jayson L., 2001. "Branded Beef: Is It "What's for Dinner?"," Choices, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 16(2).
- Schupp, Alvin R. & Gillespie, Jeffrey M., 2001.
"Handler Reactions To Potential Compulsory Country-Of-Origin Labeling Of Fresh Or Frozen Beef,"
Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics,
Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 33(01), April.
- Schupp, Alvin & Gillespie, Jeffrey, 2001. "Handler Reactions to Potential Compulsory Country-of-Origin Labeling of Fresh or Frozen Beef," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 33(01), pages 161-171, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea02:19745. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.