Can India become an export platform for global operations of MNCs? Perspectives from Japanese and United States MNC affiliates
In: India: A New Player in Asian Production Networks?, Studies in Trade and Investment 75
Due to the fact that the IPN phenomenon has been driven by decisions of multi-national corporations (MNCs) regarding operations and locations of their production systems, chapter III provides an insightful background aimed at understanding the issues involved. It examines the operational characteristics of Japanese MNC affiliates in comparison to United States based MNCs, using affiliate-level data.
|This chapter was published in: ||This item is provided by United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP) in its series STUDIES IN TRADE AND INVESTMENT with number
tipub2624_chap3.||Handle:|| RePEc:unt:ecchap:tipub2624_chap3||Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (66-2) 288-1234
Fax: (66-2) 288-1000
Web page: http://www.unescap.org/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert E. Lipsey, 2001. "Foreign Direct Investment and the Operations of Multinational Firms: Concepts, History, and Data," NBER Working Papers 8665, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ronald W. Jones, 2000. "Globalization and the Theory of Input Trade," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 026210086x, June.
- Choi, E. Kwan & Harrigan, James, 2003. "Handbook of International Trade," Staff General Research Papers 11375, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Arndt, Sven W. & Kierzkowski, Henryk (ed.), 2001. "Fragmentation: New Production Patterns in the World Economy," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199243310.
- Judith M. Dean & K. C. Fung & Zhi Wang, 2011. "Measuring Vertical Specialization: The Case of China," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(4), pages 609-625, 09.
- Greaney, Theresa M. & Li, Yao, 2009. "Assessing foreign direct investment relationships between China, Japan, and the United States," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 611-625, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unt:ecchap:tipub2624_chap3. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mia Mikic)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.