Factor Employment, Sources and Sustainability of Output Growth: Analysis of Indian Manufacturing
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bhalotra, Sonia R, 1998. "The Puzzle of Jobless Growth in Indian Manufacturing," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 60(1), pages 5-32, February.
- Christensen, Laurits R & Jorgenson, Dale W & Lau, Lawrence J, 1973. "Transcendental Logarithmic Production Frontiers," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 55(1), pages 28-45, February.
- B.N.Goldar, 2004. "Productivity trends in Indian manufacturing in the pre- and post- reform periods," Indian Council for Research on International Economic Relations, New Delhi Working Papers 137, Indian Council for Research on International Economic Relations, New Delhi, India.
- Arvind Virmani, 2011. "The Dynamics of Competition: Phasing of Domestic and External Liberalisation in India," Working Papers id:3556, eSocialSciences.
- Roy, S.D., 1998. "Lags in Employment Adjustment and Inter-Industry Differentials: an Analysis Using Dynamic Inter-Related Factor Demand Functions," Papers 149, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research-.
- Johansen, Soren, 1995. "Likelihood-Based Inference in Cointegrated Vector Autoregressive Models," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198774501.
- Fallon, Peter R & Lucas, Robert E B, 1991. "The Impact of Changes in Job Security Regulations in India and Zimbabwe," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 5(3), pages 395-413, September.
- Berndt, Ernst R, 1976. "Reconciling Alternative Estimates of the Elasticity of Substitution," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 58(1), pages 59-68, February.
- Bulent Unel, 2003. "Productivity Trends in India's Manufacturing Sectors in the Last Two Decades," IMF Working Papers 03/22, International Monetary Fund.
- Barry Bosworth & Susan M. Collins, 2008. "Accounting for Growth: Comparing China and India," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 22(1), pages 45-66, Winter.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Arvind Virmani & Danish A Hashim, 2011. "J-Curve of Productivity and Growth; Indian Manufacturing Post-Liberalization," IMF Working Papers 11/163, International Monetary Fund.
- Nanditha Mathew, 2017.
"Drivers of firm growth: micro-evidence from Indian manufacturing,"
Journal of Evolutionary Economics,
Springer, vol. 27(3), pages 585-611, July.
- Nanditha Mathew, 2012. "Drivers of Firm Growth: Micro-evidence from Indian Manufacturing," LEM Papers Series 2012/24, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Nanditha Mathew, 2013. "Drivers of Firm Growth: Micro-evidence from Indian Manufacturing," Discussion Papers 2013/161, Dipartimento di Economia e Management (DEM), University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy.
- Rahul Sen & Sadhana Srivastava, 2011. "Integrating into Asia’s international production networks: Challenges and prospects for India," STUDIES IN TRADE AND INVESTMENT,in: India: A New Player in Asian Production Networks?, Studies in Trade and Investment 75, chapter 4, pages 78-119 United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP).
- Rahul Sen & Sadhana Srivastava, 2012. "Asia' s international production networks: Will India be the next assembly centre?," Working Papers 11812, Asia-Pacific Research and Training Network on Trade (ARTNeT), an initiative of UNESCAP and IDRC, Canada..
- Banga, Rashmi & Das, Abhijit, 2010. "Role of trade policies in growth of Indian manufacturing sector," MPRA Paper 35198, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
Keywordsindustry; sustainability; labour-surplus; CES; production function; manufcturing sector; India; development policy; Asian countries; total factor productivity (TFP); output growth; employment; India; labour force; economy; capital labour ratio;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-02-20 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2010-02-20 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-EFF-2010-02-20 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-FDG-2010-02-20 (Financial Development & Growth)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:2415. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash). General contact details of provider: http://www.esocialsciences.org .