The Dynamics of Competition: Phasing of Domestic and External Liberalisation in India
The focus of the analysis is on the post-colonial period after India attained independence in 1947. This paper covers the period from 1950-51 onwards for which consistent data series are available. This means that growth rates are available from 1951-52 onwards. The primary purpose of the paper is to examine the link between policy regimes, reforms and economic growth in India. The data and analysis of earlier papers are drawn to provide the growth side of the link. Consistent series of data on consumption distribution are available only from the seventies, so the more detailed analysis of these issues has to be limited to the second half of the post-independence period. [Working Paper No. 4/2006-PC]. URL: [http://planningcommission.nic.in/reports/wrkpapers/wp_dc_pdel.pdf].
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Acemoglu, Daron & Aghion, Philippe & Zilibotti, Fabrizio, 2002.
"Vertical Integration and Distance to Frontier,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3565, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Acemoglu, Daron & Zilibotti, Fabrizio & Aghion, Philippe, 2003. "Vertical Integration and Distance to Frontier," Scholarly Articles 4481512, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Daron Acemoglu & Philippe Aghion & Fabrizio Zilibotti, 2002. "Vertical Integration and Distance to Frontier," NBER Working Papers 9191, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Francesco Caselli & Wilbur John Coleman, 2001.
"Cross-Country Technology Diffusion: The Case of Computers,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 91(2), pages 328-335, May.
- Caselli, Francesco & Coleman II, Wilbur John, 2001. "Cross-Country Technology Diffusion: The Case of Computers," CEPR Discussion Papers 2744, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Francesco Caselli & Wilbur John Coleman II, 2001. "Cross-Country Technology Diffusion: The Case of Computers," NBER Working Papers 8130, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rashmi Banga, 2006. "The export-diversifying impact of Japanese and US foreign direct investments in the Indian manufacturing sector," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 37(4), pages 558-568, July.
- Rashmi Banga, 2003. "Impact of government policies and investment agreements on FDI inflows," Indian Council for Research on International Economic Relations, New Delhi Working Papers 116, Indian Council for Research on International Economic Relations, New Delhi, India.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:3556. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.