Macro-economic Management of the Indian Economy: Capital Flows, Interest Rates and Inflation
The paper lays out a consistent frame work for monetary management in the context of excess capital inflows. There is an urgent need for developing competitive, open and well regulated markets for (a) long term debt (b) rupee futures and forwards, and (c) interest rate /credit risk products, so that economic agents can hedge their exposure in an efficient market with low transaction costs. [Working Paper No. 2/2007-DEA]
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Vipul Bhatt & Arvind Virmani, 2005. "Global integration of India's Money Market : Interest rate parity in India," Indian Council for Research on International Economic Relations, New Delhi Working Papers 164, Indian Council for Research on International Economic Relations, New Delhi, India.
- João Ricardo Faria & Miguel León-Ledesma, 2000. "Testing the Balassa-Samuelson Effect: Implications for Growth and PPP," Studies in Economics 0008, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Ajay Shah & Ila Patnaik, 2007.
"India's Experience with Capital Flows: The Elusive Quest for a Sustainable Current Account Deficit,"
in: Capital Controls and Capital Flows in Emerging Economies: Policies, Practices and Consequences, pages 609-644
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ajay Shah & Ila Patnaik, 2005. "India's Experience with Capital Flows: The Elusive Quest for a Sustainable Current Account Deficit," NBER Working Papers 11387, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ofair Razin & Susan M. Collins, 1997. "Real Exchange Rate Misalignments and Growth," NBER Working Papers 6174, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ofair Razin & Susan M. Collins, 1997. "Real Exchange Rate Misalignments and Growth," International Finance 9707001, EconWPA.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:1353. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.